542 replies to this topic

#401 killa_beatz

killa_beatz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:55 AM

Hey.. I just loaded up Jellybean but lost root. The root utility is not working either. Is it possible to use use the 1.8 utility to flash back to GB and start from scratch to root Jellyben or am I just stuck with an unrooted phone? Thanks

#402 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,477 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:28 AM

Please read the OP. :)
  • fosser2 likes this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#403 littlebigarm

littlebigarm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

ok set everything up and put google now on hold. but now that im trying to get it to open i cant figure that out. not sure what to do to get it back. other phones you hold the home button. all i have is the google search bar. any suggestions.

#404 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Twitter:@DarkOverDroid
  • Google+:DarkOverDroid@gmail.com
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

ok set everything up and put google now on hold. but now that im trying to get it to open i cant figure that out. not sure what to do to get it back. other phones you hold the home button. all i have is the google search bar. any suggestions.

Hold the search button.
Posted Image

#405 littlebigarm

littlebigarm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

nice thanks

#406 Whipping_Post+1

Whipping_Post+1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationCarlisle, PA
  • Current Device(s):OG Razr MAXX 16GB

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

Has anyone installed the update on their phone AFTER they already pushed it via moto recovery? I had tried every thing to push su to system/bin and, of course, failed. Then just for the hell of it went into moto recovery, cleared the cache and it reinstalled the update....again. It didn't take very long like the first time but I was suprised it even unloaded the package to finish. If you could only trick your phone to accept the signature with superuser installed in the package that would be so sweet.

#407 portscan

portscan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Twitter:@JasonCollins23
  • LocationClarksville, TN
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S4- Stock Rooted on 4.3/Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1- Redemption Rom v6.1

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

Or tap the small Google in the search bar for voice, big Google for typing.
Posted Image

#408 brees75

brees75

Developer

• Developer
  • 217 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

i have been out of rooting loop for a while do bear with me if my question is simple. But, luckily i got jelly bean to work great with my phone!

Anyway, I know on ics rom's there were lots of cpu governors.... are these things that developers have to add in their jb roms when they are released or is it something that can be added to stock jb?

Thanks for the help!

Governors and Schedulers are kernel specific, Unless they are built for the Jelly Bean kernel they will not work.

#409 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts
  • Twitter:@BytecodeMe
  • LocationSan Diego, California
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 4, Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

Governors and Schedulers are kernel specific, Unless they are built for the Jelly Bean kernel they will not work.

The weird thing is that this JB leak is built off the ICS kernel, IDK why. Still 3.0.8. I haven't tested the modules on this kernel yet though, lost root from stupid mistake.

byte3plusrainbowsmallllllllller.png

#410 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,477 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

They're still working on 98.72.10 so that's a good sign. I'm betting that one has a JB kernel.
  • BytecodeMe likes this

#411 brees75

brees75

Developer

• Developer
  • 217 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

The weird thing is that this JB leak is built off the ICS kernel, IDK why. Still 3.0.8. I haven't tested the modules on this kernel yet though, lost root from stupid mistake.

If it is the same kernel then they will work, I will force myself to put down my Nexus for a bit and try it for myself.I haven't checked but I assumed it was a different kernel due to the december date and the fact that you can't revert back to ICS.

#412 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,477 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

It's a new kernel for the RAZR, but, it's the same ICS kernel we got for Bionic with our ICS update. The newest build they're working on now is likely to have a JB kernel.

#413 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts
  • Twitter:@BytecodeMe
  • LocationSan Diego, California
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 4, Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

It's a new kernel for the RAZR, but, it's the same ICS kernel we got for Bionic with our ICS update. The newest build they're working on now is likely to have a JB kernel.

Masterful engineering on Moto's part.

byte3plusrainbowsmallllllllller.png

#414 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,477 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

Masterful engineering on Moto's part.

Well, no one would have known had they not screwed up and accidentally let this build loose. It shall be interesting to see what you guys end up with as a final build.

#415 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • Twitter:@Rootuser94
  • Google+:scott.breen221@gmail.com
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 10.1, Droid Bionic, Droid X

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

Now if Samsung will just give me JB for my Galaxy Note 10.1.

Flash redemption rom here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

which is 4.1.2 and works almost perfectly on my N8013.

Posted Image

Join the Deviant Development Community Online

Facebook - Like/Join us! ||| Donate - If you appreciate my hard work! ||| Twitter - follow me! |||

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#416 Poloki

Poloki

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Twitter:jeffasaul
  • Google+:jeffasaul
  • LocationHackettstown, NJ
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:50 AM

They're still working on 98.72.10 so that's a good sign. I'm betting that one has a JB kernel.

Has this been confirmed?

#417 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,477 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:57 AM

Has this been confirmed?

How could it be? We don't have access to that build. I can only tell you what build they're working on internally, not what it contains. :) There's currently no way to pull those builds as the cheesecake server method is dead.

#418 littlebigarm

littlebigarm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

i had a quick question, ive yet to see this any where, but it is possible to load multiple roms on the different slots on the new ss? i know you can only run one but if you want to make a quick change and wipe and install another rom thats saved on another slot? just curious thinking from me. would it even save your settings if you had setup that certain rom with all your own stuff? any thoughts appreciated. thanks

#419 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

i had a quick question, ive yet to see this any where, but it is possible to load multiple roms on the different slots on the new ss? i know you can only run one but if you want to make a quick change and wipe and install another rom thats saved on another slot? just curious thinking from me. would it even save your settings if you had setup that certain rom with all your own stuff? any thoughts appreciated. thanks

Safestrap 3 switched to TWRP instead of CWM and has spots for up to 4 ROMs (maybe more I can't remember), there is a thread on it, please ask your SS questions there as to not "hijack" this thread.

#420 portscan

portscan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Twitter:@JasonCollins23
  • LocationClarksville, TN
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S4- Stock Rooted on 4.3/Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1- Redemption Rom v6.1

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

Flash redemption rom here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

which is 4.1.2 and works almost perfectly on my N8013.

Sweet! I will check that out.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users