#421 littlebigarm

littlebigarm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

is anyone having issues with 4g connection? cause ill lose connection and wont even connect to 4g and then ill go back to an area and have 3g. any suggestions?

#422 fa3sr011

fa3sr011

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:33 AM

For those of us who have taken the Jelly Bean 98.72.8 update I've created this thread to address which System Apps can be safely frozen (not removed) using Titanium or another similar app. All are welcome to comment and I'll maintain the list as new info becomes available.

Safely Frozen Apps - Jelly Bean 98.72.8

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• MartyChubbs likes this

#423 brees75

brees75

Developer

• Developer
  • 217 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:55 AM

i have been out of rooting loop for a while do bear with me if my question is simple. But, luckily i got jelly bean to work great with my phone!

Anyway, I know on ics rom's there were lots of cpu governors.... are these things that developers have to add in their jb roms when they are released or is it something that can be added to stock jb?

Thanks for the help!

Yes the governors and schedulers work, I have them running on the OTA untweaked verizon release in the stock slot. I like to live dangerously ...... also I know what I am doing. Really isn't that hard to keep root if you just follow the directions. Time to unthrottle this sucker and seek some retribution!

#424 HSD-Pilot

HSD-Pilot

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Current Device(s):RazR

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

Hey Guys, i got an lil question. Since for some users (me included) the governors (HotplugX,...) are not working correctly, we need to figure out why. I flashed the Zip from Hashcode and the file

"config.gz" in the folder "/proc/"

is missing. Can an user that updadet the regular JB OTA and keept root maybe looking into this folder, to see if the file is still there? If yes please upload it, if not Moto changed some stuff and there must be found an new workaround. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my XT910

Attached Files

Soundcloud <> Bassgrow

#425 brees75

brees75

Developer

• Developer
  • 217 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:02 PM

Hey Guys, i got an lil question. Since for some users (me included) the governors (HotplugX,...) are not working correctly, we need to figure out why. I flashed the Zip from Hashcode and the file

"config.gz" in the folder "/proc/"

is missing. Can an user that updadet the regular JB OTA and keept root maybe looking into this folder, to see if the file is still there? If yes please upload it, if not Moto changed some stuff and there must be found an new workaround. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my XT910

Did you ask in the GSM thread? the differences in that ROM may be the cause of it.

#426 HSD-Pilot

HSD-Pilot

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

Since there's only the CDMA JB there's no need to ask in the GSM Thread. The GSM Patch don't effect anything in that folder. I just ask to have an look, if the file is still there.

Sent from my XT910

Soundcloud <> Bassgrow

#427 brees75

brees75

Developer

• Developer
  • 217 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

Since there's only the CDMA JB there's no need to ask in the GSM Thread. The GSM Patch don't effect anything in that folder. I just ask to have an look, if the file is still there.

Sent from my XT910

Not there. I dig around in there all the time and don't remember it being on .214 or .215 with XT912.
Don't know of anyone with CDMA that has had an issue so naturally I assumed........

#428 HSD-Pilot

HSD-Pilot

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

Thanks dude (in my and Dtrails name)
Now it seems that we need the JB source of Moto to figure out what changes they actually did in the Kernel...Time for the big Brains, that's not my league.

Sent from my XT910

Soundcloud <> Bassgrow

#429 Stabone

Stabone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

Since taking the update, anytime I'm sending a text to someone it just keeps showing the green sending arrow. The people I'm taking to still seem to get the texts, but it will only finally say it sent when I send another text, but then that message will keeps saying "sennding" until I send another message. It doesn't have to be to the same person either. I'll text one person, go text another and the first person will finally say sent. Sometimes it will take 3 or 4 messages before the first one will say the date and time sent.

Hope that made sense.... anyone else with the issue?

#430 ReSuReKtZ

ReSuReKtZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

Since taking the update, anytime I'm sending a text to someone it just keeps showing the green sending arrow. The people I'm taking to still seem to get the texts, but it will only finally say it sent when I send another text, but then that message will keeps saying "sennding" until I send another message. It doesn't have to be to the same person either. I'll text one person, go text another and the first person will finally say sent. Sometimes it will take 3 or 4 messages before the first one will say the date and time sent.

Hope that made sense.... anyone else with the issue?

I've had this issue as well I didn't really think anything of it though since it doesn't effect texting

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#431 portscan

portscan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Twitter:@JasonCollins23
  • LocationClarksville, TN
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S4- Stock Rooted on 4.3/Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1- Redemption Rom v6.1

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

I've had this issue as well I didn't really think anything of it though since it doesn't effect texting

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Data wipe?
Posted Image

#432 ViaCapita

ViaCapita

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Twitter:twitter.com/luekassvaya

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

Like a few others I rushed to update to JB without updating my su binaries. I tried to use matts tool but it didn't work for me, I ended up having superuser installed but no su. I was poking around my file system using adb and noticed that I had su-backup in "/system/" not "/system/usr/we-need-root/su-backup". I changed matts batch file to reflect that path and everything worked great. So if this is confusing I'm not very good at explaining myself.

I too am curious if you can provide this to me. I have my SU backup in a different location than the utility and as a result it doesn't detect SU. I have superuser installed and the SU backup in my /system folder.

Can you PM your version or provide instructions?

#433 ViaCapita

ViaCapita

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:01 AM

Updated to Jelly Bean but lost root. Matt's utility to regain root says that it cannot find the SU backup but I can see it in my /system folder.

I still have the superuser.apk and SU-backup. In the OTA rootkeep app I get the below values:

Super User app installed : yes
Device Rooted : No
Root permission granted: No
/System supports root protection: Yes
Protected Su Copy Available : Yes

When I click Restore root I'm told that my root su back is deleted, then root su protected, then root su restored.

My question is, can I get my root back? I can't seem to push the SU binary through ADB but I'm new to ADB so I may be doing it incorrectly.

Any ideas or am I out of luck?

#434 ViaCapita

ViaCapita

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

Updated to Jelly Bean but lost root. Matt's utility to regain root says that it cannot find the SU backup but I can see it in my /system folder.

I still have the superuser.apk and SU-backup. In the OTA rootkeep app I get the below values:

Super User app installed : yes
Device Rooted : No
Root permission granted: No
/System supports root protection: Yes
Protected Su Copy Available : Yes

When I click Restore root I'm told that my root su back is deleted, then root su protected, then root su restored.

My question is, can I get my root back? I can't seem to push the SU binary through ADB but I'm new to ADB so I may be doing it incorrectly.

Any ideas or am I out of luck?

UPDATE: Fixed the issue I was having. I can't take credit but Matt helped out by pushing the su-backup into the system folder and everything was fixed. Thanks a million Matt!

#435 littlebigarm

littlebigarm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

wondering if i can reinstall the leak while already running now? if i just going into to stock recovery and wipe everything and install. since im having 4g connection issues and nobody seems to have an answer or if there is a setting that i need to update somewhere. thanks for the suggestions ahead of time.

#436 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

wondering if i can reinstall the leak while already running now? if i just going into to stock recovery and wipe everything and install. since im having 4g connection issues and nobody seems to have an answer or if there is a setting that i need to update somewhere. thanks for the suggestions ahead of time.

Have you tried installing a custom ROM?

You'll lose root if you don't have it but you can reinstall the update using my windows utility:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• littlebigarm likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#437 littlebigarm

littlebigarm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

yeah i ran fuzion, your batakang, and i cant get 4g to connect. its like its looking for it but wont connect and ill lose service. but i still have root. but im at work now and ill run your utility when i get home tonight and see whats going on with it. thanks for the help man you are truly the best.

#438 B.L.E.A.K

B.L.E.A.K

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

I just have an off topic question... How did this JB update come about? Surely it was planned...it just feels perfect..looks like Moto really took interest and made it..

Sent from my DROID RAZR on JB.

#439 bilbobaggins

bilbobaggins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:42 AM

I just noticed that my screenshot doesn't work with the volume down anymore. anyobe else have this issue?

#440 rjglenn

rjglenn

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:45 AM

Seems to be working a it should on mine.

Attached Files

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users