#81 nshennign

nshennign

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:24 AM

I'm the same boat as the.internet. I totally lost root in the update. I realize it's my fault for not taking the appropriate steps before updating, but now I'm just wondering along with everyone else who lost root whether there's an exploit in the works already? And if so, any idea how long it'll take?

Also, I noticed a few screenshots showing the circle widget on the a Razr M homescreen, but the only posts about that suggest it's from the Razr M's launcher. Does the Razr M have a different launcher version than the Razr, therefore including different widgets and features? Or is that particular widget and I'm not sure what else just missing from this update?

#82 desireaftergod

desireaftergod

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • LocationNH
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Maxx

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:24 AM

Thanks for working on this so quickly, Matt. It however does not appear to have worked for me. This is the output from the .bat file:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

+1
Posted Image

#83 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Twitter:@DarkOverDroid
  • Google+:DarkOverDroid@gmail.com
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:47 AM

Thank you...PDAnet is working in USB tether mode but not WiFi mode.

Your Welcome. I`m not sure about wifi mode not working, other than maybe needing the paid version for it. I have`nt used PDAnet in years, since Windows Mobile actually. lol I usually just root and used the SQLite method of 1-0.
Posted Image

#84 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

I installed the update and Jelly Bean is running perfectly. Does anyone know if I can flash back to ICS using Matts utility?

No going back to ICS with this. Not fastbootable. I answered your question in my first post when you asked, but I think it ran together and you did`nt catch it. My bad. :D
Posted Image

#85 mrhacks

mrhacks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationFlorida Keys

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

No going back to ICS with this. Not fastbootable. I answered your question in my first post when you asked, but I think it ran together and you did`nt catch it. My bad. :D

OK...Thanks again

#86 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

OK...Thanks again

No Prob!
Posted Image

#87 Mr. Orange 645

Mr. Orange 645

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationSW, Missouri

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:04 AM

The question was asking for a flashable zip so that it could be flashed with Safestrap,not the stock recovery.

Can't do that either. While some have reported being able to install SS 3.0, you couldn't just flash this like a custom ROM.

This is an OTA update to a different version of Android with a new kernel. SS does not flash the kernel, and this wouldn't boot up with the ICS kernel. Sorry you're just going to have to do this the same way as everyone else. I'm sure if there were an easier method Matt would've posted it.
Posted Image

#88 Krunk_Kracker

Krunk_Kracker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Twitter:Krunk_Kracker
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/113737551782095597526
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR MAXX, 32gb Nexus 7

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:16 AM

Just an FYI.... FoxFi does not work.

"Wifi Tether for Root Users" does work however... Just be sure to set up the device profile as "Generic ICS/JB (wlan1) and it will work.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

#89 nshennign

nshennign

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:20 AM

Have a replacement phone on the way. Should arrive Thursday with stock ICS installed. From there I'll use Matt's instructions to keep root when updating to JB. Wish me luck y'all!

#90 sherri

sherri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Twitter:sherri64
  • LocationMy own personal hell....

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:25 AM

I'm the same boat as the.internet. I totally lost root in the update. I realize it's my fault for not taking the appropriate steps before updating, but now I'm just wondering along with everyone else who lost root whether there's an exploit in the works already? And if so, any idea how long it'll take?

Also, I noticed a few screenshots showing the circle widget on the a Razr M homescreen, but the only posts about that suggest it's from the Razr M's launcher. Does the Razr M have a different launcher version than the Razr, therefore including different widgets and features? Or is that particular widget and I'm not sure what else just missing from this update?

Not sure which launcher this is using, as I haven't downloaded it yet (JB ROM does all I need so far....) but the RAZR M Launcher and Circle widgets are definitely available....I have used then on my curve ROM.....I am afraid of the widget draining battery..... and I prefer the scrolling bar on bottom of launcher, so I use Nova or Apex....

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

Disappointed and hurt. Not surprised.

#91 canezila

canezila

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

I used Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper and I still lost root/cannot restore root! Download and run this in Windows. USB Debugging Enabled, MTP mode.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Can this be configured for Linux? Can it be somehow intergrated into the 1.82 Linux program? I have Voodoo and it says it restored root... but it really has not restored. All steps were followed.
  • altroy likes this

#92 nshennign

nshennign

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

Sherri, thanks for the reply. From the sounds of it, you've confirmed what I thought, that the circle widgets are specific to the Razr M launcher, as opposed to being part of JB in general. I get that I can put the RAZR M launcher on my phone once I get it rooted again, but I'll probably stick with Nova as I've been using that for some time now. Thanks again...

#93 sherri

sherri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Twitter:sherri64
  • LocationMy own personal hell....

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:39 AM

I prefer Nova as well....

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

Disappointed and hurt. Not surprised.

#94 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:46 AM

Can this be configured for Linux? Can it be somehow intergrated into the 1.82 Linux program? I have Voodoo and it says it restored root... but it really has not restored. All steps were followed.

Just run the commands from the .bat manually in a terminal shell ;)

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#95 fireman

fireman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:53 AM

Thank you...PDAnet is working in USB tether mode but not WiFi mode.

If you have root the wifi tether for root users work. I am using that app and have the setting on auto and it works just fine

#96 mrhacks

mrhacks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationFlorida Keys

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:55 AM

If you have root the wifi tether for root users work. I am using that app and have the setting on auto and it works just fine

NOT rooted...Thanks anyway

#97 fireman

fireman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:58 AM

ok. also the sqlite works for the verizon wifi i just did it. go to settings db then entitlement check and set value to 0 and reboot and it works.
  • brewzer likes this

#98 fireman

fireman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

NOT rooted...Thanks anyway

I think the SVTP app will work i use to use that one you dont need root but you have to pay for the pro version. you can download the free version and test it

#99 terribl_t

terribl_t

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Twitter:@LTthePharoah

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

I was on rooted .211 but i deleted some stock apps. So I used matt's utility and did the back to .211 and got the apps backs. I didn't lose root though. when I go to install in motorola recovery I get this.
Verifiying current system...
assert failed:apply pactch check..etc. Status 7.
Any suggestions?

#100 mrhacks

mrhacks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationFlorida Keys

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:14 AM

ok. also the sqlite works for the verizon wifi i just did it. go to settings db then entitlement check and set value to 0 and reboot and it works.

Is root required for this method?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users