Sabres032

Large and in charge EMS minion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts
  • LocationWayward USA
  • Current Device(s):Google Pixel 2 XL

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:14 PM

Sabers, did you do the full wipe, i.e. internal memory/sd card when you did the update?

Yep. Said no to custom recovery and root, too. Only thing I didn't do was an FDR after first boot. Everything looks right and works smooth as butter.
  • rickw, matjmonk and spainter like this

IMG_12705794666508.jpeg

Sent from my Marine World N6 or my Nexus 7 2013 WiFi I'll let you figure out which.

#162 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,477 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 11 October 2015 - 10:10 AM

House of Nexus 1.7 released

-Added option for custom kernel flashing.  Drop your custom boot.img file into the HouseOfNexus/BOOT directory before creating the script for your image and it'll prompt you to flash it when you flash your factory image.

NOTE:

For Android M 6.0 rooting, you will need to get a custom kernel for your device (check this thread) and flash that BEFORE sideloading SuperSU.  This change to HoN allows you to do it all while flashing your factory image.  Flash the custom boot img and then follow the steps to sideload SuperSU 2.5.2 or higher to root your Nexus device.

WARNING: I have NOT tested this functionality AT ALL.  Please provide feedback if you use it.

• rickw, johnlgalt, matjmonk and 4 others like this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#163 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,477 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 10:18 AM

To be VERY CLEAR HERE....You MUST install the SuperSU 2.5.2 zip.  You can NOT allow TWRP to install the su bin for you as it will NOT work and you will bootloop.  Do NOT follow the directions in HoN for installing SuperSU bin until there's an update to TWRP that has the new bin.

• rickw, johnlgalt, matjmonk and 4 others like this

#164 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 11 October 2015 - 04:25 PM

-Added option for custom kernel flashing.  Drop your custom boot.img file into the HouseOfNexus/BOOT directory before creating the script for your image and it'll prompt you to flash it when you flash your factory image.

NOTE:

For Android M 6.0 rooting, you will need to get a custom kernel for your device (check this thread) and flash that BEFORE sideloading SuperSU.  This change to HoN allows you to do it all while flashing your factory image.  Flash the custom boot img and then follow the steps to sideload SuperSU 2.5.2 or higher to root your Nexus device.

WARNING: I have NOT tested this functionality AT ALL.  Please provide feedback if you use it.

Sam I dont see the custom boot flash code in the script.....looks like 1.6 to me. Am I missing something?

I guess maybe I should ask the question what type of file you are expecting...since a zip didnt work I suspect you want an img file.

Will test that out....

EDIT: Yup, you expect an img file. Thank You Sam :)

• rickw likes this

#165 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 11 October 2015 - 04:41 PM

And I guess it does say "Drop your custom boot.img file...."

Helps to read, read, and read again!

• rickw and kellym like this

#166 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,477 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 07:06 PM

Lol
  • rickw and kellym like this

#167 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 15 October 2015 - 07:46 PM

Time to get into the game. 

Quick check:

HoN 1.7 + the Shamu kernel from the linked thread plus Marshmallow plus tools (well, only adb.exe is missing from the .ZIP) Plus the latest TRWRP.  Run HoN.

Then go back into recovery and sideload SuperSU 2.5.2.

I plan to fully wipe this thing - I have a lot of junk on here for (almost) a year's worth of ownership.

Anything I am missing?

Edited by johnlgalt, 15 October 2015 - 07:51 PM.

#168 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 15 October 2015 - 09:53 PM

Took the plunge, basically proved I can still read.

No issues on Win 10 the first time around.  Completely wiped and started fresh.  Now to sideload SuperSU and then reinstall my apps.

#169 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 16 October 2015 - 04:02 AM

Sorry, supersu doesn't work on windows 10......

sent from my N6 on Marshmellows

• johnlgalt, kellym and spainter like this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#170 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,477 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 04:23 AM

Lmao. Good to see you John.

#171 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 16 October 2015 - 04:49 AM

:D  :ph34r

#172 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 09 November 2015 - 12:01 PM

Sorry, supersu doesn't work on windows 10......

sent from my N6 on Marshmellows

It does to.  Win10 has native virtual machine capability.  Androidx86 :)

#173 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:16 AM

NOTE:

Sam, have you seen updated kernels for the new R build, or does the K build kernel still work with the latest build?

#174 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,477 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:18 AM

Sam, have you seen updated kernels for the new R build, or does the K build kernel still work with the latest build?

Doesn't look like the kernel was updated so the K kernel should still work.  I've not seen any new kernels posted though.

#175 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:24 AM

OK, I was looking around but didn't see an update.  I'll go with that and flash this evening and report back.

#176 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,477 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 04:27 PM

1.8 released

o) Various path fixes for Linux users.

• johnlgalt, matjmonk, livinginkaos and 4 others like this

#177 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 28 December 2015 - 10:18 AM

Probably going to upgrade to 6.0.1 later tonight.  Might do some playing around with the 2.65 SuperSU beta as well.  See how well that actually works.

#178 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 28 December 2015 - 10:24 AM

Probably going to upgrade to 6.0.1 later tonight.  Might do some playing around with the 2.65 SuperSU beta as well.  See how well that actually works.

I haven't put the 2.6.5 Su on yet (running 2.6.4 and it is working well.  To get android pay to work with it you just rename the bind folder and when your finished rename it back.  With the bind folder renamed it passes the google modification test with no problem. With 6.0.1 you are going to have to watch and not let anything mod the system folder.  I only have 3.76 MB free in the system partition.

#179 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Location3rd Rock

Posted 29 December 2015 - 07:30 AM

Thanks for hte tips.  Going to read about Android Pay.  If I have to do that every single time I use Pay, that is going to suck.

#180 MahoVader

MahoVader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX HD

Posted 29 December 2015 - 08:46 AM

I was able to get Android Pay to work simply by disabling Su, adding a credit card, then re-enabling Su. May have rebooted, don't remember (there was a $20 Best Buy promo from Google for Nexus phones). Am on 6.0.1 but not latest Su. Seems to keep AP once there is a card installed. Don't know if that works on latest, but is an easy fix if it does.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• johnlgalt likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users