House of Moto [4.3]

• Please log in to reply
479 replies to this topic

#301 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:54 AM

This is the only other site I know of and it is down right now too.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#302 G__Money

G__Money

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx

Posted 20 December 2015 - 01:35 PM

House Of Moto uses fastboot commands directly not rsd. If you are failing on both and you have placed the snapdragon support (Motorola fastboot and adb files in the tools folder in HOM I would say that the memory has failed.  I have two Droid Razr Maxx HD's and with house of moto I have never had a flash fail in windows vista, 7 or 10. I have since semi retired the Droids and have moved on to Dev devices or Nexus hardware. The failure of the memory started big time about 8 months ago. There are two manufactures of the chip that I am aware of, Both of mine have samsung chips.

Yes, i did move the snapdragon support files to the proper directory per the instructions and thanks for the clarification on HOM not using RSDLite in the background, I didn't catch that. Yeah, i agree, this has given me far too much trouble to not be HW related. Thanks again for all you guys do here at droidrzr.com and Merry Christmas!

• OldBaldy likes this

#303 cisz

cisz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Current Device(s):droid razr m XT907

Posted 20 January 2016 - 01:26 PM

Phone model - droid razr m XT907

System version - don't know - it was set to automatically update

XML file - VZW_XT907_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_CFC_1FF.xml.zip

Fastboot mode text -

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)

10.9B(*) (sha-61146a2, 2014-07-29 06:20:44)

eMMC info:Size 8GB

Device is LOCKED. Status Code: 0

Battery OK

Transfer Mode:

USB Connected

failed to write partition gpt_main

failed to load GPT

CID head failure

Invalid CID status 0x69

No SP partition found

Fastboot Reason: Invalid GPT

flashme.bat file:

text from generate.log file:

I've also tried using RSD Lite to flash it.

I see the run text says the battery is low. I have no way to see how charged it is but I'll try again after charging for a couple hours.

Attached Files

#304 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 20 January 2016 - 03:27 PM

The GPT failure is not a good sign.  If you get the same error or end up with a Q flash error after charging and re flashing you probably have a bad memory chip. 

#305 cisz

cisz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 05:06 PM

I tried charging it for about 1 1/2 hours and it's still giving a "battery low" message in the HoM flash. Maybe the problem with it is the battery is no good?

#306 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 20 January 2016 - 05:53 PM

You are hooking it to a wall AC charger not just the computer?

#307 cisz

cisz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 06:05 PM

Yes it's hooked to the wall charger.

#308 cisz

cisz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 03:44 AM

Maybe a new battery would fix it?

#309 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 21 January 2016 - 04:15 AM

There is a factory charging cable sold on ebay that will put power to the phone and let you flash with a low battery.  They cost about 10 bucks. I believe that the 907's charging system won't charge with out a working OS installed.  There are also instructions on the internet for building your own cable if you are adept in soldering. It will be cheaper than a battery and if it fails to flash with that you can be pretty sure you have a memory hardware problem.

#310 cisz

cisz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 12:51 AM

Do you think this one would be good enough?

I asked the seller if it's compatible with the XT907 and he replied: "

yes,but the black screen unit can not be fixed."

Also, I tried charging it more and the past few times I ran HoM it didn't say "low battery" ( but still couldn't write the gpt.)

#311 trlew77

trlew77

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:04 PM

Samurai, Thank you so much. I've used your tool multiple times now to extend the usage of my XT907. 

• SamuriHL likes this

#312 cisz

cisz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 03:41 AM

Question: is it necessary to have a sim card installed in the phone in order to flash it?

Also - a suggestion -- being new to all this, I didn't realize that the note to snapdragon device users applied to me. I didn't know a name for my device other than "droid razr m" for quite a while. Then, recently I saw that the XT907 was one of those devices and since I now have come to recognize my device as an XT907, I realized that that applied to me. So, I would like to suggest adding the names of the devices in that note -- e.g., "droid razr m" etc.

And thanks for the app. I got a used xt907 that kept rebooting over and over. I flashed it with the next to last kitkat update and now -- so far -- it seems fixed. Note: I'm afraid to use the last kitkat update because I tried installing it when the phone itself suggested it and it made the rebooting problem much worse. I guess I could try updating and then reflash it if necessary.

Also, I tried flashing with the jellybean os without success. Is it possible to downgrade?

Thanks.

#313 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 06 February 2016 - 04:56 AM

No to sim. No to downgrade unless you're bootloader is unlocked.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Non potest esse nisi unus

#314 MR_1216

MR_1216

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:00 PM

Hi! Fixed my old Razr Maxx HD with your help before. Now same issue with Mother-in-law's RazrM. Took a bit to find this site again and set up all over, since have new machine. Just discovered that Motofirmware.com does not seem to be operating anymore. Jumped on twitter and saw they were having issues with their server company last fall. Can you suggest any other source for flash image for this phone? XT907?

#315 MR_1216

MR_1216

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:23 PM

Hi! Fixed my old Razr Maxx HD with your help before. Now same issue with Mother-in-law's RazrM. Took a bit to find this site again and set up all over, since have new machine. Just discovered that Motofirmware.com does not seem to be operating anymore. Jumped on twitter and saw they were having issues with their server company last fall. Can you suggest any other source for flash image for this phone? XT907?

Found some stuff on this site (note - only .nz site appears to be functioning properly at this moment)

but being a noob, need to figure, should i use the 1FF or CFC download? Thanks

Update: Aparently by Alodar:"The CFC zip has the XML file with extra lines to erase the cache, userdata, clogo, etc, where the 1FF does not"

#316 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:49 PM

Found some stuff on this site (note - only .nz site appears to be functioning properly at this moment)

but being a noob, need to figure, should i use the 1FF or CFC download? Thanks

Update: Aparently by Alodar:"The CFC zip has the XML file with extra lines to erase the cache, userdata, clogo, etc, where the 1FF does not"

House of moto will ask if you want to save the user data.  It creates its own batch file. Motofirmware and most of the U.S. sites got hit in the Digital rights crack down and is permanently off line.  Google xt907 firmware is my best suggestion.

#317 cisz

cisz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 03:27 AM

A little confused. I was able to flash the VZW_XT907_4.4.2-KDA20.62-10.1_CFC_1FF.xml version onto a phone that had the 15.1 version. There were errors but the phone now says the version is 183.46.10.

The phone is still having the same problems. It sometimes doesn't go to the dialpad when calling a number and sometimes reboots over and over.

It had this same problem with the 15.1 version.

Anything I can do?

Thanks.

#318 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 08 February 2016 - 07:18 AM

A little confused. I was able to flash the VZW_XT907_4.4.2-KDA20.62-10.1_CFC_1FF.xml version onto a phone that had the 15.1 version. There were errors but the phone now says the version is 183.46.10.

The phone is still having the same problems. It sometimes doesn't go to the dialpad when calling a number and sometimes reboots over and over.

It had this same problem with the 15.1 version.

Anything I can do?

Thanks.

If your bootloader is locked you are lucky you didn't brick you phone. I would suggest you reflash the phone with the .15.1 version because with the errors you didn't get a complete flash.  Also you should make sure you have a backup of your pictures and personal data and do a full flash so all the apps have to be reloaded fresh.

#319 cisz

cisz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 01:21 AM

If your bootloader is locked you are lucky you didn't brick you phone. I would suggest you reflash the phone with the .15.1 version because with the errors you didn't get a complete flash.  Also you should make sure you have a backup of your pictures and personal data and do a full flash so all the apps have to be reloaded fresh.

Did a complete flash to 15.1 including personal data. There were no error messages. The phone is still having the same problem -- while making a call (from the people screen) it goes to a black screen and doesn't go to the dialpad -- it then often reboots automatically.

#320 albert0229

albert0229

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Locationsouth africa
  • Current Device(s):Samsung

Posted 09 February 2016 - 03:17 AM

I need fastboot files for my motorola xt912 vs.en.us plz help me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users