475 replies to this topic

#421 wcnulph

wcnulph

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:54 AM

Please help. I can only boot manually. No safe strap. I put in fastboot to get the latest kernel. I was on the leak version. All my roms abort. I am a noob.

#422 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:56 AM

Please help. I can only boot manually. No safe strap. I put in fastboot to get the latest kernel. I was on the leak version. All my roms abort. I am a noob.

If you just flashed the new OTA update kernel, then NO, none of your ROM's from the xmas eve leak will work until they get fixed. Go back to the Xmas eve kernel and they will work again.
  • wabmorgan likes this

#423 wcnulph

wcnulph

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:03 AM

Could you give me a link to a rom I can boot that I don't need safe strap. I can only flash manually. Thanks

#424 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:07 AM

Could you give me a link to a rom I can boot that I don't need safe strap. I can only flash manually. Thanks

There are currently no roms that work on the soak kernel. AND no roms that will work without safestrap
  • wabmorgan likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#425 wcnulph

wcnulph

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:10 AM

Could you please tell me how to go back to the leak kernel

#426 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:16 AM

Could you please tell me how to go back to the leak kernel

See post 418

#427 chipworkz

chipworkz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:17 AM

There are currently no roms that work on the soak kernel. AND no roms that will work without safestrap

No roms here yet but there is one that I know of that is already out. R3DS has already put his out.
  • Digital Cha0s and Ahowe125 like this

#428 chipworkz

chipworkz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:20 AM

OK... here's what I can report for anyone on the Christmas leak JB.

I used the utility to flash the new 16 kernel and then then booted to rom 2 slot where I had the new OTA (

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

) installed. It booted. No problems.

Upon re-boot and switching to slot1 where I have the Christmas leak JB deoxed installed... BUST. No go. JUst the brick /white flash.

BUT Then I edited the utility program and replaced the 16 kernel with the 8 kernel and renamed the 8 kernel file to the 16 kernel filename. (Swapping them.)

I was then able to re-boot into the Christmas JB leak :-)

Just incase anyone else wants to be able to do this.

(I suspect that this would work for any of the ROMs written for the Christmas JB leak.)

{One reason I did this was I did not have time to re-set the phone tonight the way I want it. and do all the hacks I would want to do. This made it an easy swap back for now. :-) }

I took it a step further and just added in the option for the .8 kernel as well in the bat file. I have a conference call to be on first but I will test it once it is over. Don't see why adding another option wouldn't work fine.
  • wabmorgan likes this

#429 wcnulph

wcnulph

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:21 AM

I can not get any rom to flash. One rom the 8 kernel completes but when I reboot the M comes on then seconds later a blank screen. Again there is no safe strap anymore. I lost it somehow.

#430 wcnulph

wcnulph

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:15 AM

I need usb debugging on as well. I can't get my phone to get past the M does anyone know how to do that when it doesn't boot?

#431 wcnulph

wcnulph

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:12 PM

Thanks to all I used the unbrick utility and my phone is fine.. Thanks again

#432 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

I need usb debugging on as well. I can't get my phone to get past the M does anyone know how to do that when it doesn't boot?

USB debugging won't do anything for you at that stage of the boot process. Your phone doesn't even know it exists at that time. It only comes into play when the operating system is up and running.

#433 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • Twitter:xlightwaverx
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):XT912, Kindle Fire HD

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:13 AM

Lol sorry guys I have gotten zero email updates from this thread. Based on new Kexec builds, I would imagine everything should be fine. I removed the leak kernel because STS had a functioning Kexec.

Rom developers should be updating their ROMs to the new base.

X

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
x4_logo.png.pagespeed.ic.voMTetxHpH.png

#434 ferrari1rider

ferrari1rider

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

Hey Xlightwaverx,

Although I read your post and the new instructions, I am kind of confused as to the process of getting JB Dual Boot on my Non rooted Droid Razr with ICS .211. Is this what I should do:

1. Connect Razr to PC.
2. Press dualboot.bat.
3. Root.
4. Install Safestrap 3.11.
5. Reboot to Recovery.
6. Choose to install jbboot.img.
7. Reboot and Droid Razr should be on JB 98.72.8 under About Device.
8. If everything works, then I can reboot and install from Recovery, for example TripleCore Rom by Team SpeedCore?

Am I missing any steps, or are these all the specific steps to a successful installation? I don't want to brick the Razr, etc.

#435 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:24 PM

Hey Xlightwaverx,

Although I read your post and the new instructions, I am kind of confused as to the process of getting JB Dual Boot on my Non rooted Droid Razr with ICS .211. Is this what I should do:

1. Connect Razr to PC.

Yes, this is the first thing you must do, correct.

2. Press dualboot.bat.
3. Root.
4. Install Safestrap 3.11.

So far, correct.

5. Reboot to Recovery.
6. Choose to install jbboot.img.

This, isn't necessarily correct. You will want to install the actually recovery via the SS application. And after that you will need to install an updated ROM that works with the new kernel. STS Kexec should work as well as any updated OTA Roms. If you need to use the Leak OTA you will have to use the latest DualBoot util in the archive folder or use the util Matt created. (I didn't keep Leak Kernel option, I am "assuming" devs are upgrading their ROMs to support new kernel.

7. Reboot and Droid Razr should be on JB 98.72.8 under About Device.

You will be on 98.72.16 unless u use older JBDualBoot in archive folder.

8. If everything works, then I can reboot and install from Recovery, for example TripleCore Rom by Team SpeedCore?

If Speedcore updated their ROM to the latest Kernel, then sure, otherwise stick wtih the older JBDualBoot 3.11-WLM, not 3.11-OTA-WLM.

Am I missing any steps, or are these all the specific steps to a successful installation? I don't want to brick the Razr, etc.

You wont brick your razr here. Not unless you use a real brick.

X

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads

#436 ferrari1rider

ferrari1rider

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

lol, thanks for the help. :D

#437 ferrari1rider

ferrari1rider

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

Okay, so I rooted my Razr, and installed Safestrap 3.11 using the utility. But for some reason I cannot Boot the JB Kernel image with the utility because it is waiting for the device to connect very long. I enabled AP Fastboot and connected media usb. What could be wrong?
If anything, for another option without dual boot or whatever, is there anyway to install a JB kernel.zip from Safestrap or anything similar?

#438 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

Okay, so I rooted my Razr, and installed Safestrap 3.11 using the utility. But for some reason I cannot Boot the JB Kernel image with the utility because it is waiting for the device to connect very long. I enabled AP Fastboot and connected media usb. What could be wrong?
If anything, for another option without dual boot or whatever, is there anyway to install a JB kernel.zip from Safestrap or anything similar?

USB Debugging enabled....

#439 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:56 PM

I'm uploading a new zip, try it. I did it from my phone so good luck. :)

Keep me posted.

X

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#440 ferrari1rider

ferrari1rider

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

Xlightwaverx, I'll try your new file, but just to be sure: When I am Booting the JB Kernel, should I be on the main screen of the phone or do I have to be in Recovery for it to work? Maybe that's the problem.

And, just incase this still doesn't work, is there anyway I can place the JB Kernel .img file on my SD card, and boot it through Recovery or some other way? Thanks a lot for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users