Photo

[ROM][CDMA/GSM][3-7] ★ Jellywiz RLS7 ★ I S3 Touchwiz I Rom Control I Mods I PIE I FAST I ★

• Please log in to reply
1887 replies to this topic

#981 ReSuReKtZ

ReSuReKtZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

This rom is great. Has amazing battery life. Only issue is the stupid notification bar disappeared at time. Has anyone figured out what causes this? Not a big deal to me but just gets annoying at times. Still on Rsl4 because I have a few things I don't want to lose yet when I wipe(; but I may just dirty flash anyways.

Sent from my Motorola Galaxy s3 using Tapatalk 2

#982 sinclac

sinclac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

Double post.

#983 sinclac

sinclac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

this is a known issue fellas. look few pages back all the Google apps need to be uninstalled then re-installed. I chose to us TitaniumBackup and uninstall the app then download from play store like cmh advised to. . All of them worked so far except for smaractions. getting this screen here.. incompatible update? anyone know whats up with smaractions?
edit* chrome did the same exact thing, good thing i backed up first!

- s voice occasionaly does a force close when i use certain apps.not a big deal. google now is just as good

Excellent work on the white wifi symbol and theme phrir1!

I'm not finding that post.

#984 pisceincarnate

pisceincarnate

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Twitter:pisce_incarnate
  • Google+:pisceincarnate

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

I am not sure, but dont think USB OTG or USB Audio has anything to do with the ROM. However, I too am trying to do this exact thing with an Audioquest Dragonfly DAC. I have ordered a USB OTG cable, and was looking at USB Audio Recorder and USB Midi Monitor software to bring it all together. As soon as my cable comes in I can post back.

Okay thank you! I read up on Acid Audio v5 and it actually enables ALSA Audio which is the audio protocol from Linux which is part of what's neccessary to run USB DAC. I haven't tested any of this. But we'll see. I should have my fiio in about a month and I can run test.

#985 phrir1

phrir1

Themer Apprentice

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Twitter:phrir1
  • Google+:Phrir1@gmail.com
  • LocationMenifee, CA
  • Current Device(s):Droid4 : OG Razr

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

Ok everyone, White_Jelly Theme Thread is up in the theme section or click on the link

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I also got another mod over there for you guys as well if interested!!
I don't want to take up any more ROM thread space with theme questions/issues.

see you guys there :D
  • woonaval1 likes this

Posted Image

#986 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:44 AM

.........After I manually installed the Moto voice commands app, I was even able to set it as my default for when I use my bluetooth headset. Nice work!

Can you elaborate on this. Where to get it and how exactly to install? Thanks.

#987 marksibert

marksibert

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

Is there any way to customize the notification toggles?

Love the ROM so far!

#988 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:23 AM

Is there any way to customize the notification toggles?

Love the ROM so far!

Mark, not that I know of, but I use Widgetsoid & it's a good 2nd option, a bit complex, but very worth it by far
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#989 sankyou

sankyou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

Same here.

Sent from my Motorola Galaxy s3 using Tapatalk 2

I just flashed RLS5 with whitejellyv4 and tried to update Google Search to version 2.2.10.546669 and got Package file was not signed correctly

Gmail version 4.2.1 also

I've had this problem with all versions of this ROM. I did the following to fix it:
Uninstall all versions of google search through titanium (on mine I had 1.0 and 2.0xxxx)
Reboot into safestrap and wipe cache and davlik cache
Install Google Search from the play store

This fixes it every time and future updates work as well.

#990 redrazr

redrazr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

I've had this problem with all versions of this ROM. I did the following to fix it:
Uninstall all versions of google search through titanium (on mine I had 1.0 and 2.0xxxx)

Perfect. I also read in this thread about widgetsoid. Will that allow a brightness slider in the notifications slide down?

#991 pcavuoto

pcavuoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Twitter:pcavuoto

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

This seems to work for Google Search but not Maps, anyone else experiencing this?

#992 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

Perfect. I also read in this thread about widgetsoid. Will that allow a brightness slider in the notifications slide down?

yup! there is a brightness toggle & in Widgetsoid settings you can customize it to toggle 3 diff values, & auto…

just a tip, be sure to add the Notification & Modifiable setting & the icon for modifiable in the Advanced button on the bottom, & save your setup to a Profile, then you can always restore everything by pressing the Profiles button & hit Load & save & voila, you're back in businees, quick, down & 'dirty' & then you can even delete the homepage icon & the Profile you loaded will be in the pulldown! I know, all of the above doesn't make sense… yet- just get into it & its settings & profit!
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#993 redrazr

redrazr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

yup! there is a brightness toggle & in Widgetsoid settings you can customize it to toggle 3 diff values, & auto…

just a tip, be sure to add the Notification & Modifiable setting & the icon for modifiable in the Advanced button on the bottom, & save your setup to a Profile, then you can always restore everything by pressing the Profiles button & hit Load & save & voila, you're back in businees, quick, down & 'dirty' & then you can even delete the homepage icon & the Profile you loaded will be in the pulldown! I know, all of the above doesn't make sense… yet- just get into it & its settings & profit!

Thank you. This customization is great. I was looking for the brightness slider that was under the toggles. I like this though.

#994 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

redrazr,

as you will see, during install of a toggle, those which can be customized have a little sign next to it, & the brightness togdle is one of them;

after you choose Brightness, you can tap n' hold on the toggle's icon & you will see a settings option, I have 15%, 45%, & 100%, & also Auto, & by tapping on the toggle icon in the status bar, it switches between them.

Keeping it on Auto is easiest & saves battery power, but it won't let you adjust the base auto brightness level … yet & I've found that the 3 levels & the auto option suffice for 99% of my scenarios…

Good luck!

Edit, just changed the values fm time to bridghtness %'s - sorry, I guess my brain temporarily timed out…
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#995 ddodge68

ddodge68

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationNW Iowa, USA

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

I strongly suspect that this is something that I'm overlooking, but on the last couple ROMs, I've not been able to receive MMS. Any chance someone can point me in the right direction, without flaming me for asking? :)

#996 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • Twitter:@Rootuser94
  • Google+:scott.breen221@gmail.com
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 10.1, Droid Bionic, Droid X

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

I strongly suspect that this is something that I'm overlooking, but on the last couple ROMs, I've not been able to receive MMS. Any chance someone can point me in the right direction, without flaming me for asking? :)

Try a cache and dalvik wipe along with a permissions fix to start you off!
  • PillClinton and ddodge68 like this

Posted Image

Join the Deviant Development Community Online

Facebook - Like/Join us! ||| Donate - If you appreciate my hard work! ||| Twitter - follow me! |||

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#997 sinclac

sinclac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

This seems to work for Google Search but not Maps, anyone else experiencing this?

Same here keep getting the incompatible message.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#998 redrazr

redrazr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

redrazr,

as you will see, during install of a toggle, those which can be customized have a little sign next to it, & the brightness togdle is one of them;

after you choose Brightness, you can tap n' hold on the toggle's icon & you will see a settings option, I have 15%, 45%, & 100%, & also Auto, & by tapping on the toggle icon in the status bar, it switches between them.

Keeping it on Auto is easiest & saves battery power, but it won't let you adjust the base auto brightness level … yet & I've found that the 3 levels & the auto option suffice for 99% of my scenarios…

Good luck!

Edit, just changed the values fm time to bridghtness %'s - sorry, I guess my brain temporarily timed out…

Yes I understand the toggle but what I am referring to is the slider brightness adjuster that sits right under all the toggles. I had it on the ICS wizzed bean. I also the function to TERMINATE an app by holding the back button.

#999 joshxdroid

joshxdroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

Yes I understand the toggle but what I am referring to is the slider brightness adjuster that sits right under all the toggles. I had it on the ICS wizzed bean. I also the function to TERMINATE an app by holding the back button.

these were CNA features, I miss them very much. Hopefully after the OTA drops we'll get those sweet CNA/cm10/aokp features back on some roms :)

#1000 mhotovec

mhotovec

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, Fl
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Asus TF700

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

A standard JB function is to long-press the home button, which will pop up a list of running apps, just swipe away the ones you don't want to continue running.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users