Photo

[ROM][CDMA/GSM][3-7] ★ Jellywiz RLS7 ★ I S3 Touchwiz I Rom Control I Mods I PIE I FAST I ★

• Please log in to reply
1887 replies to this topic

#1021 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

Thank you so much, I'll give it a shot!

Ive been doing great with Interactive and SIO

#1022 mhotovec

mhotovec

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, Fl
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Asus TF700

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

Ive been doing great with Interactive and SIO

Same here, I've just been going with the defaults and I've got no complaints about either speed or battery life.

#1023 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • Twitter:@Rootuser94
  • Google+:scott.breen221@gmail.com
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 10.1, Droid Bionic, Droid X

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

gary, thanks for your response, good to know, but sorta makes me wonder about a couple of things:

Why did ru94 include it?

What would make it load twice?

Anyway, I'll disable it & see how things go…
details later

All the best

You ask alot of questions lolz :P :)

Posted Image

Join the Deviant Development Community Online

Facebook - Like/Join us! ||| Donate - If you appreciate my hard work! ||| Twitter - follow me! |||

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#1024 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

the better to learn, esp. fm you ru94; & you see I pay it fwd in my posts here today!

one more: what's wrong w/real, on-topic questions? you wanna give me a complex, or something? LOL (ok, so that's 2!) :D
  • Rootuser94 likes this
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#1025 chipworkz

chipworkz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

So I have one issue that I have come across. My system folder is FULL! It looks like the limit for the system folder is 600 MB so I can't even run Ad Blocker because it can't add to the host file.
Comparing the system folder to another rom, this system folder is 600 MB where the other rom is only 373MB.

Anyone else seeing this issue and is there a way to resolve it? I can't add the Droid DNA boot animation, add any apks to the system folder or anything like that. This is installed on a 3 gig rom slot in case that makes any difference.

Thank for any info on this.

#1026 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

So I have one issue that I have come across. My system folder is FULL! It looks like the limit for the system folder is 600 MB so I can't even run Ad Blocker because it can't add to the host file.
Comparing the system folder to another rom, this system folder is 600 MB where the other rom is only 373MB.

Anyone else seeing this issue and is there a way to resolve it? I can't add the Droid DNA boot animation, add any apks to the system folder or anything like that. This is installed on a 3 gig rom slot in case that makes any difference.

Ad host blocking will work if you install adaway and then choose the data/data partition options

Posted Image

Facebook - Like/Join us! ||| Donate - If you appreciate my hard work! ||| Twitter - follow me! |||

#1027 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

the better to learn, esp. fm you ru94; & you see I pay it fwd in my posts here today!

one more: what's wrong w/real, on-topic questions? you wanna give me a complex, or something? LOL (ok, so that's 2!) :D

Haha i was just poking some fun :) no harm done

Posted Image

#1028 ihavenoeffort

ihavenoeffort

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationMissouri
  • Current Device(s):XT912 MAXX

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

Is it known that you are unable to update certain apps such as Chrome and smartactions?

I'm new to this whole thing and am not sure if i'm doing it all right, but when i try to update in the app store, i get a message that states "app is not signed correctly. try uninstalling the app and trying again". However, i'm not too sure how to do this from your rom.

Like i said, i'm new to this.

#1029 mhotovec

mhotovec

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, Fl
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Asus TF700

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:50 AM

By any chance did you create this ROM slot with a version of SafeStrap prior to 3.1? - say 3.07 perhaps?
According to the change log on SS, starting at version 3.1 the system partition was 640mb. You might consider deleting and recreating the partition using SS3.11.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#1030 legendarydave

legendarydave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:10 AM

Out of nowhere, I am getting a lock screen message that says "No SIM card". It wasn't there when I flashed, and not for the three days after. Just today, woke up and it says no SIM. Although, in settings>more...>mobile networks>network type and strength---1x= -94dBm, 4G= -105dBm

Why no sim card now? Was this there from beginnings and I didn't notice?

Now it has no connection without WIFI....just checked

Edit: Had to be user error, maybe something i modded to my liking. Started over and everything is fine. I'll post if I break it again to let people know what NOT to do.

Edited by legendarydave, 24 January 2013 - 08:04 AM.

#1031 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:30 AM

dave, try powering down, remove the SIM card, & just replace it & power it back on…

sounds like its a fluke that I had, & that worked for me then. Otherwise, it may need a new card… IDK
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#1032 chipworkz

chipworkz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:34 AM

By any chance did you create this ROM slot with a version of SafeStrap prior to 3.1? - say 3.07 perhaps?
According to the change log on SS, starting at version 3.1 the system partition was 640mb. You might consider deleting and recreating the partition using SS3.11.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

No I used SS 3.11. To be specific, my system folder is reporting 623.78MB used and 0K free.I have compared the size of this system folder to another Jellywizz rom and this one is 192MB bigger so I guess there is just more bloat left in this one. The problem is that this rom is installing with the system file almost full so you can add apps to the system folder, add extra media files to the ringtone and alarm folders and things like that. I guess I will go through and compare the files between both Jellywiz roms and just remove the un needed files and life will be good.

I am only bringing this up so that it might be looked at and Rootuser94 can look at removing some bloat if he sees fit for future releases. This is the only rom I have come across that has the system file almost full at install.

Haven't really had any other issues with the rom except the weather widget doesn't update your location when you are driving around even though it is set to use my current location. It will only update the city if you turn feature off and then back on and then it will pull in your current city. Not sure if this is by design on not.

#1033 Sh0rty 140

Sh0rty 140

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Twitter:@Sh0rtyy_140
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

Anyone having issues with contacts Force Closing when trying to save a picture for a contact that is not part of syncing with facebook?

nvm..... just tried again for like the 5th or 6th time and now it saved just fine...hmmmm
"My chick bad, my chick hood.... my chick do stuff that ya chick wish she could!!!!"

#1034 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

When trying to install Super User Elite fm the PlayStore, it d/l'ed & installed successfully; but the Elite features were still grayed out & I got spontaneous reboots in SU AND ot_er apps like GMail.

RU94, did you use a diff SU or is this b/c of JB & the fact that the Elite unlock key hasn't been updated?

I suspect the latter…

BTW, is it gonna be feasible to move the time to the right in the future?

Also. fyi, I'm not using the theme & my wifi status bar icon shifts frequently…
Still loving this rom, RU, keep up the good work! SpyderMan

Sent fm my Dual BootJellywiz'd XT912 on Xparent Tapatalk Blue 2
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#1035 stickjohnsonaah

stickjohnsonaah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

Has anyone figured out how to make the camera app save pics to external storage? I don't see that option on 4.2 camera. Also I have noticed that the notification bar icons all disappear randomly. They disappeared until I got a new notification like a text/email then it reappeared. Noticed this on my friends razr I rom'd 2 days ago as well. Anyone else having this?

Sent from my Motorola Galaxy s3 using Tapatalk 2

#1036 jonwgee

jonwgee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Twitter:JonWGee
  • Google+:jonwgee
  • LocationDekalb IL

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

Has anyone figured out how to make the camera app save pics to external storage? I don't see that option on 4.2 camera. Also I have noticed that the notification bar icons all disappear randomly. They disappeared until I got a new notification like a text/email then it reappeared. Noticed this on my friends razr I rom'd 2 days ago as well. Anyone else having this?

Could it be that The 4.2 camera was originally coded for the Nexus 4, which has no external storage? Just a thought.... And yes, disappearing status bar bug has been noted...

Via Tapatalk

maxx

#1037 stickjohnsonaah

stickjohnsonaah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

Could it be that The 4.2 camera was originally coded for the Nexus 4, which has no external storage? Just a thought.... And yes, disappearing status bar bug has been noted...

Via Tapatalk

good thought about the camera I'm sure that's it. And thx for the heads up on the status bar

#1038 mxs

mxs

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:26 AM

Hi!
Its GREAT ROM, but how can i change QuickPanelToggles to another? May you help?

#1039 chuckyteets

chuckyteets

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:21 AM

I am running the old moto camera that allows this. I installed it using the Fuzion utility from that rom, works like a charm.

#1040 moejoe88

moejoe88

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:44 AM

Hey guys, it's help a noob time again. Love this rom and it's pretty much been problem free for me. But for the life of me, I can't get wifi to work. I've done everything ru94 said in the op. Made sure it stayed on while sleeping. Unchecked the avoid poor connections. Did the scan interval thing. It's probably something small I'm overlooking because I don't see anyone else having this problem. One thing I did notice was it kept saying ip address was unavailable. Any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users