Photo

[ROM][CDMA/GSM][3-7] ★ Jellywiz RLS7 ★ I S3 Touchwiz I Rom Control I Mods I PIE I FAST I ★

• Please log in to reply
1887 replies to this topic

#1001 joshxdroid

joshxdroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:47 AM

A standard JB function is to long-press the home button, which will pop up a list of running apps, just swipe away the ones you don't want to continue running.

also jelly bean is very good at managing running apps. Just because it's in your recent app menu doesn't mean it's running. A lot of people claim that killing apps actually reduces your battery because jelly bean (and ics for that matter) are better at managing than app killers.

#1002 mhotovec

mhotovec

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, Fl
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Asus TF700

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:41 AM

also jelly bean is very good at managing running apps. Just because it's in your recent app menu doesn't mean it's running. A lot of people claim that killing apps actually reduces your battery because jelly bean (and ics for that matter) are better at managing than app killers.

Well yeah, I knew that, but you and RedRazr were the ones that were looking for a way to terminate a running app, have a change of heart? :)

#1003 joshxdroid

joshxdroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:20 AM

Well yeah, I knew that, but you and RedRazr were the ones that were looking for a way to terminate a running app, have a change of heart? :)

I never asked for a way to terminate. I was simply stating that I miss some of the CNA features. I never used the kill all feature, but I used the screen brightness slider all the time

#1004 phrir1

phrir1

Themer Apprentice

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Twitter:phrir1
  • Google+:Phrir1@gmail.com
  • LocationMenifee, CA
  • Current Device(s):Droid4 : OG Razr

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:33 AM

White_JellyV5 up in theme thread

updated links and more options for you guys...
  • dshu likes this

Posted Image

#1005 JRT2006

JRT2006

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:13 AM

RLS5 will not work for me. Clean install with 4 different downloads now with a full wipe of everything. When I go to reboot, i get only a black screen with no change after waiting many many minutes. I'm stuck on RLS4 until i can solve this problem. Any ideas?

#1006 joshxdroid

joshxdroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:20 AM

RLS5 will not work for me. Clean install with 4 different downloads now with a full wipe of everything. When I go to reboot, i get only a black screen with no change after waiting many many minutes. I'm stuck on RLS4 until i can solve this problem. Any ideas?

did you create a new rom slot?

#1007 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:28 AM

JRT, try to install into a newly (re)created slot & be sure to do 2 Factory reset Data wipes b4 wiping cache, dalvik, & system- install then wipe cache & dalvik again after install, then reboot, let it sit 5min, reboot, go into SS recovery Advanced, & Fix Permissions & reboot & then you are good to go.

Also, check the OP, it was recently updated…
  • JRT2006 likes this
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#1008 JRT2006

JRT2006

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

Okay, thanks for the tips. Haven't scanned original post in awhile. Was installed on a newly created slot, didn't wipe everything twice and not in that particular order. I'll update with results....thanks again

#1009 redrazr

redrazr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:04 AM

these were CNA features, I miss them very much. Hopefully after the OTA drops we'll get those sweet CNA/cm10/aokp features back on some roms :)

A standard JB function is to long-press the home button, which will pop up a list of running apps, just swipe away the ones you don't want to continue running.

Thank you, I was wondering where those features were from. Cant wait to have them back.

I like the kill all function in the CNA release where you long-press the home and tap the kill all.
The long-press back key is missing also. I used that feature to quickly any app that im using.

I love this rom and havent thought of changing to anything else. Cheers.

#1010 JRT2006

JRT2006

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

JRT, try to install into a newly (re)created slot & be sure to do 2 Factory reset Data wipes b4 wiping cache, dalvik, & system- install then wipe cache & dalvik again after install, then reboot, let it sit 5min, reboot, go into SS recovery Advanced, & Fix Permissions & reboot & then you are good to go.

Also, check the OP, it was recently updated…

Am I supposed to get a boot animation after the install and first reboot? Sitting 10 minutes with just black screen

#1011 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

JRT, just for fun, delete & re-create - again, the slot you are targeting for rls5, & pls see the op, the only wipe needed to be done twice is Factory reset!

I wrote prev post fm memory, I've been playing w/a lot of permutations while experimenting & having to start over…

why not copy down the steps, in case you ever have to do this again, like me!

Good luck!
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#1012 JRT2006

JRT2006

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

JRT, just for fun, delete & re-create - again, the slot you are targeting for rls5, & pls see the op, the only wipe needed to be done twice is Factory reset!

I wrote prev post fm memory, I've been playing w/a lot of permutations while experimenting & having to start over…

why not copy down the steps, in case you ever have to do this again, like me!

Good luck!

disregard my problems. I overlooked my SS, it requires 3.11 and I have 3.07. will need to update and try again. Im guessing my problems will go away. thanks for your help

#1013 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

JRT, YW - its always a good thing when you find stuff like that on your own!
now, w/that & the op you should be rocking rls5! let everyone know :-)

Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#1014 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

Anyone get bootup notification for CPU Sleeper twice? It flashes during startup, w/another app's startup notification in between the 1st & 2nd instance…

& it seems that it is not a good thing; unless it is supposed to be a two part thing…

tia for any help… SpyderMan

Sent fm my Dual BootJellywiz'd XT912 on Xparent Tapatalk Blue 2

Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#1015 garywojdan81

garywojdan81

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Twitter:gwojdan_81

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

With the added governors, which are fully compatible with multi-core processors, CPU sleeper is kind of unnecessary. Much of its benefit might just be placebo. I've been using pegasusq most exclusively & it does a pretty good job of regulating the second core all by itself.

Sent from my Motorola Galaxy s3 using Tapatalk 2

#1016 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

gary, thanks for your response, good to know, but sorta makes me wonder about a couple of things:

Why did ru94 include it?

What would make it load twice?

Anyway, I'll disable it & see how things go…
details later

All the best
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#1017 cpspecial

cpspecial

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Current Device(s):XT912

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

Has anyone found an optimal governor and scheduler for a medium between battery and performance? Seems like as of late I'm having less than stellar battery life with SmartassV2 and Interactive.

Just curious as to everyone else's experience.

I've let the phone drain, recharged off for 2 cycles. Then calibrated the battery afterward, still losing 100-90 in less than 15 minutes or so.
Curtis Price
Trumpet The Harlot - Lead Guitar

#1018 garywojdan81

garywojdan81

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Twitter:gwojdan_81

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

Has anyone found an optimal governor and scheduler for a medium between battery and performance? Seems like as of late I'm having less than stellar battery life with SmartassV2 and Interactive.

Just curious as to everyone else's experience.

I've let the phone drain, recharged off for 2 cycles. Then calibrated the battery afterward, still losing 100-90 in less than 15 minutes or so.

Pegasusq & sio have given me the best overall performance on any ICS or JB ROM I've tried.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#1019 cpspecial

cpspecial

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Current Device(s):XT912

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

Pegasusq & sio have given me the best overall performance on any ICS or JB ROM I've tried.

Thank you so much, I'll give it a shot!
Curtis Price
Trumpet The Harlot - Lead Guitar

#1020 blthun81

blthun81

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

Same here keep getting the incompatible message.

Me too. I tried changing permission and still it doesn't work. Any advice?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users