Photo

[ROM][CDMA/GSM][3-7] ★ Jellywiz RLS7 ★ I S3 Touchwiz I Rom Control I Mods I PIE I FAST I ★

• Please log in to reply
1887 replies to this topic

#1201 jpackett82

jpackett82

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Google+:joshpackett@gmail.com
  • LocationNebraska

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

I read, and reread, through this thread and have not seen where this has been addressed yet. When i try to use google maps for navigation, it doesn't work. It keeps saying searching for gps, and never locks in. Any help would b greatly appreciated. Thank you!
  • Wes53177 likes this

#1202 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:00 AM

Hasn't been addressed because it likely isn't a known problem. Since JB I sometimes have a slow GPS lock, but it doesn't seem any different compared to stock in my experience.

Sent from my Motorola Galaxy s3 using Tapatalk 2

BTW, hilarious that it is set as a Moto GS3 :P never noticed that till now RU94

#1203 mattkilla

mattkilla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Google+:mattkilla420
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx xt912 , Samsung Droid Charge (FP8)

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

Duplicate ringtones and Bootanamation audio issues explained.

The reason you see duplicates when you select a ringtone, is because there are duplicates in this rom.
If you use a file explorer (like ES File or Root explorer) and look in the system/media/audio/ringtone folder, you can see them. They are not named exactly the same though so you might miss it at first glance.
One example is Bugs' story. it is named 05_Bugs_story.ogg and also S_ICS_Nature_Bugs_story.ogg. The phone reports both as simply Bugs' story in the ringtone list though when your looking at them in your menu. I assume they were pulled from different phones so the naming was different but they both have the property to display as just Bugs' story.

I have gone through all the roms and put together my own Ringtone, Notification and Alarms folders that I replace into the roms I use.
It is 265 ringtones, 169 notifications and 59 alarms. (NO Duplicates) :)
I have the .nomedia file in each folder so I can leave them on my sd card to move into whatever rom I am using.

For those of you that didn't know, the phone searches for .ogg files and will list them in your ringtone etc... menu which can cause multiple duplicate also. So in this case, if I didn't have the .nomedia file in the folders on my sd card, I would get another instance of Bugs' story since it is one of the ringtones in my folder on my sd card.

Hope this helps explain why you might have duplicates in this or any other rom.

On a side note, the reason there is no audio in the boot animation is because it is looking for the wrong audio file to play. If you look in the bootanimation.zip located in the system/media folder and specifically look at the desc.txt file, you will see that is is trying to play the droid_dna.mp3 file which should be located in the system/media folder. The wrong file of droidhd.ogg is located there though so that is why you hear no sound. You can copy the attached file to the system/media folder and you will get the audio in your boot animation.

Anyway you could share a link to that folder with us? That sounds like a MEGA. Sound folder man...

One thing I have not seen noticed, Samsung tts is not working. Tried couple different voices, none work. Google tts works fine.

Love your work root, my DD

sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx JB

• SpyderMan likes this

android-smoking-a-joint-on-white-background-320x-42619.jpg

#1204 kyle22388

kyle22388

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

Whats wrong with my camera? Says my storage is full but it's not i took 12 pics

#1205 Xanderin

Xanderin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Twitter:xanderin
  • Google+:xanderin@gmail.com
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

I read, and reread, through this thread and have not seen where this has been addressed yet. When i try to use google maps for navigation, it doesn't work. It keeps saying searching for gps, and never locks in. Any help would b greatly appreciated. Thank you!

You could be having an issue with Google Location services. Try going in to your settings menu, then Location Access. Turn it on, and google apps should all work, then. This doesn't sound like the actual issue, since you state that Maps just keeps searching for location, and not that it has asked you to allow it access, but.. Hey, I try my best!

Sub-note: The installation worked fine after I updated my Safestrap from 3.07 to 3.11 (or whatever it is), so if you're having problems flashing, update safestrap!

#1206 phrir1

phrir1

Themer Apprentice

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Twitter:phrir1
  • Google+:Phrir1@gmail.com
  • LocationMenifee, CA
  • Current Device(s):Droid4 : OG Razr

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

if anyone wants another option for this " BEASTLY " rom, i got another theme up for you guys in the theme thread.

Posted Image
  • fatmando2 and Rootuser94 like this

Posted Image

#1207 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • Twitter:@Rootuser94
  • Google+:scott.breen221@gmail.com
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 10.1, Droid Bionic, Droid X

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:18 AM

if anyone wants another option for this " BEASTLY " rom, i got another theme up for you guys in the theme thread.

Posted Image

Oh damn, that looks nice :)

Posted Image

Join the Deviant Development Community Online

Facebook - Like/Join us! ||| Donate - If you appreciate my hard work! ||| Twitter - follow me! |||

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#1208 kyle22388

kyle22388

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:16 AM

Is noone having a issue with camera storage? Do I need to change storage location or what because I can no longer take pics it says "USB storage is running out of space lower image quality or delete pictures"

#1209 pcavuoto

pcavuoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Twitter:pcavuoto

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:30 AM

I need to get this app working! How can I get it to recognize I'm still using Verizon?

Attached Files

#1210 garywojdan81

garywojdan81

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Twitter:gwojdan_81

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:36 AM

Is noone having a issue with camera storage? Do I need to change storage location or what because I can no longer take pics it says "USB storage is running out of space lower image quality or delete pictures"

The camera stores pix on the sdcard(internal storage), where your safe strap slots are so if you have three slots configured that only leaves you with about 1.9gb free space at best. Plus, this is a monster rom size wise so storage space can be in short supply. You might need to backup all your ROM slots in safe strap, reformat your internal storage, recreate the slots & restore your backups. You might have a lot of stray data hogging space.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#1211 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

kyle I use Camera Zoom FX & if you dig into the settings, you can find All Settings & fm there you can choose to put your pix onto the sdcard-ext …

I'm big into photography & love the app, hth

Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#1212 kyle22388

kyle22388

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:43 AM

The camera stores pix on the sdcard(internal storage), where your safe strap slots are so if you have three slots configured that only leaves you with about 1.9gb free space at best. Plus, this is a monster rom size wise so storage space can be in short supply. You might need to backup all your ROM slots in safe strap, reformat your internal storage, recreate the slots & restore your backups. You might have a lot of stray data hogging space.

I have internal memory available and only 1 rom slot created I need to get this working

#1213 garywojdan81

garywojdan81

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Twitter:gwojdan_81

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

Gotcha. I'd try a different camera app then or find a copy of the moto camera & gallery, then push 'em to system/app. I usually prefer the moto camera myself because it does let you designate the storage location. Couldn't hurt to backup then reformat the internal storage just to cover all the bases. Sounds like something is wacky & I don't think its the ROM.

#1214 kyle22388

kyle22388

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

Alright well any info on how to flash the moto Cam will be greatly appreciated there must be something somewhere I'll Google after work

#1215 ReSuReKtZ

ReSuReKtZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

Posted Image

Damn looks like i have something new ill be flashing.

#1216 cpspecial

cpspecial

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Current Device(s):XT912

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

I have some input regarding anyone with issues about hemorrhaging battery on RLS5 just as I have.

I recently decided to remove no-frills and try my luck with tweaking governor and clock speed within Juice Defender Ultimate.

I set interactive with 300 min, 1300 max, and have had astronomically better battery life.

Just thought I would share the experience to see if anyone else would have luck!
  • SpyderMan likes this
Curtis Price
Trumpet The Harlot - Lead Guitar

#1217 jonwgee

jonwgee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Twitter:JonWGee
  • Google+:jonwgee
  • LocationDekalb IL

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

I had surmised earlier in this thread that the 4.2 AOSP camera was coded for the Nexus 4, which has no external sd card, thus no option to change the photo storage location.
Via Tapatalk

maxx

#1218 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

Camera Zoom FX does have the capability to set pic-save folder… great features, gr8 add-ons…

& I'm a long time fotog… so giveit a try & profit!

Sent fm my Dual BootJellywiz'd XT912 on Xparent Tapatalk Blue 2

Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#1219 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

freezing No Frills (wasn't using anyway) & Set CPU in TiBu & will see …

please keep everyone posted on your progress -as will I…

SpyderMan
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#1220 ReSuReKtZ

ReSuReKtZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

Now that i noticed other people are talking about funky battery life, i realized mine has been weird too, not neccesarily worse, but it seems to drop 20 percent really quick and then slow down.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users