Photo

[ROM][CDMA/GSM][3-7] ★ Jellywiz RLS7 ★ I S3 Touchwiz I Rom Control I Mods I PIE I FAST I ★

• Please log in to reply
1887 replies to this topic

#1181 rwil85

rwil85

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

indeed i am.

If the step 11 you're referring to is ”fix permissions” - I believe if you hit the ’advanced’ button in safestrap, there will be a button that says 'fix permissions'.

Click it, reboot system and you should be good to go.

#1182 TJH0188

TJH0188

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

If the step 11 you're referring to is ”fix permissions” - I believe if you hit the ’advanced’ button in safestrap, there will be a button that says 'fix permissions'.

sounds easy enough. thanks! haven't played around in advanced much since all the wipes are in one spot now

#1183 dmlsthe1

dmlsthe1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

call me a noob, but how exactly do I go about completing step 11 of the install instructions? :huh:

If you're taking about permission fix than you have to boot into recovery and hit the 'advanced settings' button. I'm not sure if it says both or just one of the two words but you'll find it using those words i quoted lol than you'll see fix permissions and hit that

#1184 dmlsthe1

dmlsthe1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

Got ninja'd lol i hit refresh but didn't check if a new page had been created

#1185 rwil85

rwil85

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

Got ninja'd lol i hit refresh but didn't check if a new page had been created

Wow, haha - too funny ”ninja'd”

One thing I've noticed - volumes on the alarms are really low by default. Any way to raise them? Volume bar only seems yo go up halfway.

Also, does the brightness toggle on the pulldown work?

#1186 killboredom

killboredom

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

If I could get that apk I'd be grateful, this xml file has me utterly confused.

never used this host before, but give this a shot:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#1187 killboredom

killboredom

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

never used this host before, but give this a shot:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Looks like you'll have to rename it. For some reason it gives it a wacky filename.

#1188 BMatt

BMatt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr MAXX

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

Looks like you'll have to rename it. For some reason it gives it a wacky filename.

Awesome thanks! I tried messing around in there for awhile last night but I couldn't get compiling right, so this is very helpful.

#1189 bingo6104

bingo6104

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

Anyone else using ad-away with this rom? Its not able to create the files needed?

#1190 razzrmaxx

razzrmaxx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

Is anyone having problems with the sensor that lights up the display while on the phone?

#1191 phrir1

phrir1

Themer Apprentice

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Twitter:phrir1
  • Google+:Phrir1@gmail.com
  • LocationMenifee, CA
  • Current Device(s):Droid4 : OG Razr

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

Anyone else using ad-away with this rom? Its not able to create the files needed?

use AdFree as an alternative.

Is anyone having problems with the sensor that lights up the display while on the phone?

yes, its a known issue that is in JB

Posted Image

#1192 chipworkz

chipworkz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

I brought this issue up before, the reason you can't use it is because the system folder in this rom is full at install. Since S Voice doesn't talk back to you and doesn't seem to do anything that Google Now can't do, I just manually removed all of the S Voice files from the system folders. This will free up around 90 MB so this should give you plenty of room to add apk's to the system folder along with letting AdAway work. If you are not sure what to delete, just download the S Voice package in the OP and view the files in the zip and use root explorer or another file explorer to remove all the files from the matching system folders that you see in the zip file.

#1193 lumberjackzac

lumberjackzac

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

Still the best ROM by far. The only problem I have is, and it really isn't a MAJOR problem, but I noticed that when I receive text messages my phone doesn't vibrate when I have the phone on vibrate. I went into Settings...Sound...then Volumes and noticed when I have the phone on vibrate, it puts the notifications on silent. When I take the phone off of vibrate it brings the notifications out of silent. The problem I have is when the phone is on vibrate, it doesn't allow me to individually set the notification volume to vibrate. I can only adjust the volume level when the phone is on ringer. It might be a little confusing, as I was getting confused typing this, but any help would be appreciated.

In SMS go to settings, check the last option.

In the power toggles make sure the silent/vibrate toggle is set to vibrate.

#1194 rwil85

rwil85

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

This rom is awesome - super smooth and all seems well after running for about a day or so. Thanks, devs.

There are a couple of things I've noticed that seem off to me and/or I don't care for. Just wondering what other's thoughts were and whether these are things that I can fix in my own or if I'll have to wait for future versions and simply cross my fingers.

1. The WiFi icon doesn't light up when connected.

2. When in use the WiFi icon "wiggles" back and forth.

3. I cannot find a way to change the picture save location yo the SD card j. the camera app.

4. The alarm volume seems VERY low. I tried to increase it; but, the volume bar refuses to go past halfway.

5. Does the brightness widget in the pulldown work?

6. If you use S-Voice to make an appointment in calendar, it sets it in the 'on-device' calendar. Any way to change which calendar it defaults to (my gmail)?

Any help with any of these will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

#1195 joshxdroid

joshxdroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

4. The alarm volume seems VERY low.

the alarm volume is a known issue. If you flash the white theme found in the "themes forum" your wifi will light up

#1196 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • Twitter:@Rootuser94
  • Google+:scott.breen221@gmail.com
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 10.1, Droid Bionic, Droid X

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

This rom is awesome - super smooth and all seems well after running for about a day or so. Thanks, devs.

There are a couple of things I've noticed that seem off to me and/or I don't care for. Just wondering what other's thoughts were and whether these are things that I can fix in my own or if I'll have to wait for future versions and simply cross my fingers.

2. When in use the WiFi icon "wiggles" back and forth.

3. I cannot find a way to change the picture save location yo the SD card j. the camera app.

4. The alarm volume seems VERY low. I tried to increase it; but, the volume bar refuses to go past halfway.

5. Does the brightness widget in the pulldown work?

6. If you use S-Voice to make an appointment in calendar, it sets it in the 'on-device' calendar. Any way to change which calendar it defaults to (my gmail)?

Any help with any of these will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

"Lightning up and other picture issues, are not issue, they are the Touchwiz way that i have themed the rom.."

Posted Image

Join the Deviant Development Community Online

Facebook - Like/Join us! ||| Donate - If you appreciate my hard work! ||| Twitter - follow me! |||

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#1197 razzrmaxx

razzrmaxx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:47 PM

use AdFree as an alternative.

yes, its a known issue that is in JB

Thank you :)

#1198 rwil85

rwil85

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:05 AM

"Lightning up and other picture issues, are not issue, they are the Touchwiz way that i have themed the rom.."

I don't get it.

You made it impossible to save pictures to the SD card?

And the not-lighting-up WiFi icon - I understand that to be one of your theming choices; but, is there a way to get it to stop wiggling?

#1199 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • Twitter:@Rootuser94
  • Google+:scott.breen221@gmail.com
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 10.1, Droid Bionic, Droid X

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:27 AM

I don't get it.

You made it impossible to save pictures to the SD card?

And the not-lighting-up WiFi icon - I understand that to be one of your theming choices; but, is there a way to get it to stop wiggling?

No i didn't make it impossible, there's something that you need to do like renaming your picture folder or something of the sort to get it to work.

Posted Image

Join the Deviant Development Community Online

Facebook - Like/Join us! ||| Donate - If you appreciate my hard work! ||| Twitter - follow me! |||

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#1200 perfoliate

perfoliate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:53 AM

Like phrir1 said it is an issue with the stock jb roms. Interestingly it works properly on the cm10.1jb ROM? Maybe someone can look into it further. Probably a pain to try and fix at this point especially since we'll probably have a new build and kernel to play with soon enough :)

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users