Photo

[ROM][CDMA/GSM][3-7] ★ Jellywiz RLS7 ★ I S3 Touchwiz I Rom Control I Mods I PIE I FAST I ★

• Please log in to reply
1887 replies to this topic

#1161 Badger50

Badger50

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Google+:badger50@gmail.com
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

is there anyway i can get the apk of the messaging app you use on this rom? i flashed fuzion but i like jellywiz's messaging app and want to put it on fuzion.

Copy the .apk from system/app area. Plug it into the same area on Fuzion, name the original one messaging.bak, set permissions in the new .apk, reboot, and there you go. You will need a root explorer app to complete the job :-)
  • ReSuReKtZ likes this
Posted Image

#1162 Shawn!

Shawn!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Current Device(s):Note 3

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

I am still at the wait 5 minutes part but from the little bit of poking around it is smooth and slick as a freshly Zambonied ice rink.
  • Rootuser94 likes this

#1163 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • Twitter:@Rootuser94
  • Google+:scott.breen221@gmail.com
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 10.1, Droid Bionic, Droid X

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

Copy the .apk from system/app area. Plug it into the same area on Fuzion, name the original one messaging.bak, set permissions in the new .apk, reboot, and there you go. You will need a root explorer app to complete the job :-)

You silly, your supposed to keep them on this rom ;) lolz jk

Posted Image

Join the Deviant Development Community Online

Facebook - Like/Join us! ||| Donate - If you appreciate my hard work! ||| Twitter - follow me! |||

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#1164 phrir1

phrir1

Themer Apprentice

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Twitter:phrir1
  • Google+:Phrir1@gmail.com
  • LocationMenifee, CA
  • Current Device(s):Droid4 : OG Razr

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:28 PM

Whats funny is I was thinking the same thing... Lolz

Posted Image

#1165 Badger50

Badger50

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Google+:badger50@gmail.com
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:49 PM

Say bro, that's called Rom migration :-)
  • Rootuser94 likes this
Posted Image

#1166 rwil85

rwil85

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

2 quick questions:

1. Do I have to delete my stock slot to make a slot for jellywiz? Or can I create a second slot to install jellywiz on?

2. For those OCD folk out there, is this good/ stable enough as a daily driver?

#1167 BMatt

BMatt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr MAXX

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

2 quick questions:

1. Do I have to delete my stock slot to make a slot for jellywiz? Or can I create a second slot to install jellywiz on?

I use it as a DD, very snappy and easy to use, quite stable. I've had two unexpected stops since I started using it awhile ago.

#1168 devans3232

devans3232

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

2 quick questions:

It's been my DD since it was released. Very quick, responsive, and stable.

Sent from my Motorola Galaxy s3 using Tapatalk 2

#1169 Shawn!

Shawn!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

Everything is all good so far but my quardant score seems a bit slow. Only getting 2550 ish. I installed on 1gb slot size if that helps. I did a full factory reset and all wipes. Could it be some app on the stock slot causing this, or is that slot completely disabled when loaded on slot 1? Or could it be that I should ignore the ratings from quardant and just enjoy the darn ROM since it seems smooth and responsive.

#1170 completethought

completethought

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

Is there a Jellywiz rom for Droid Razr Maxxx HD (XT926)?

#1171 jmwhitty

jmwhitty

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

Does not appear to be compatible with WebTop, specifically the LapDock 100. Allows keyboard, but does not reset screen resolution nor does the mouse function.
  • Shawn! likes this

#1172 rwil85

rwil85

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

Also, one more question - based on the assumption that I can leave my stock jb in my stock slot and put jellywiz in rom slot 1...

It says I have less than 1gb of on-device free memory. Any suggestions as to what might be using most of it? Is this why it says to erase current slot and make a slot only for jellywiz? What am I missing?

#1173 Shawn!

Shawn!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

Does not appear to be compatible with WebTop, specifically the LapDock 100. Allows keyboard, but does not reset screen resolution nor does the mouse function.

Just noticed this. But I only use my dock for bedtime Netflix shows so I will just go to the stock ROM for it. The rest of the ROM is too good to pass on.

#1174 dmlsthe1

dmlsthe1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

Also, one more question - based on the assumption that I can leave my stock jb in my stock slot and put jellywiz in rom slot 1...

It says I have less than 1gb of on-device free memory. Any suggestions as to what might be using most of it? Is this why it says to erase current slot and make a slot only for jellywiz? What am I missing?

Have created any other slots? Because whether you flash something in the slot or not, if it's created than it's taking up space. When you create a slot it partition's a part of your internal memory for that slot. You start off with 8gb than use 2-4gb per slot depending on the size you choose. Not exact numbers, I'm rounding stock slot doesn't use that space but what you save to your internal sd card does use that space. So it could be ROM slots or saved data that's taking up space on your internal storage

#1175 rwil85

rwil85

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

Have created any other slots? Because whether you flash something in the slot or not, if it's created than it's taking up space. When you create a slot it partition's a part of your internal memory for that slot. You start off with 8gb than use 2-4gb per slot depending on the size you choose. Not exact numbers, I'm rounding stock slot doesn't use that space but what you save to your internal sd card does use that space. So it could be ROM slots or saved data that's taking up space on your internal storage

Thanks for the feedback.

I realized that I had saved some tunes to the device memory through google music. Even after deleting that, though - on device memory still only showed 4gb remaining on stock rooted JB...weird. Went through and deleted a bunch of stuff, too. Nevertheless, I'm amidst the install on jellywiz and allocated 2gb to this slot. I'm assuming that's ok.

#1176 dmlsthe1

dmlsthe1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

I realized that I had saved some tunes to the device memory through google music. Even after deleting that, though - on device memory still only showed 4gb remaining on stock rooted JB...weird. Went through and deleted a bunch of stuff, too. Nevertheless, I'm amidst the install on jellywiz and allocated 2gb to this slot. I'm assuming that's ok.

When you select to create a 2gb ROM (my understanding is that) it is really 3gb because you are selecting the data size but the system size is by default 1gb. So what ever you select for that partition, add a gig for system and that's the partition size that has been used up from your system. One way to check is to use a file explorer and check the properties if the ss folder and the twrp folder. Ss i think has the ROM slot partitions and twrp has the backups. Those are the folders that use up all of my internal storage. Even when on stock ROM (non safe side) the slots will still be using that space until deleted

#1177 BMatt

BMatt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr MAXX

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

This must be how it starts...make one little mod and poof, you're off rolling your own ROM :)

Anyway, I managed to strip the TouchWiz toggles out! YAY! Giving myself moderate pats on the back since no tutorial I found actually gave me the correct file to edit. SO...this post got me setup with apktool:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

The file in the SystemUI.apk I actually ended up editing was the /res/layout/quickpanel_quick_settings.xml file. I removed all of the button references.

Should anyone want, I can send the moded SystemUI.apk to push with adb.

Cheers!

If I could get that apk I'd be grateful, this xml file has me utterly confused.

#1178 TJH0188

TJH0188

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

call me a noob, but how exactly do I go about completing step 11 of the install instructions? :huh:

#1179 rwil85

rwil85

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

call me a noob, but how exactly do I go about completing step 11 of the install instructions? :huh:

You're using safe strap 3.11, correct?

#1180 TJH0188

TJH0188

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

You're using safe strap 3.11, correct?

indeed i am.

0 user(s) are reading this topic