Photo

[ROM][CDMA/GSM][3-7] ★ Jellywiz RLS7 ★ I S3 Touchwiz I Rom Control I Mods I PIE I FAST I ★

• Please log in to reply
1887 replies to this topic

#1281 thrasher194

thrasher194

http://androidn00b.com/

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Google+:Thrasher194@gmail.com
  • LocationNorthCarolina, USA
  • Current Device(s):Motorola G4 Play (xt1609)

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

yes downloading and flashing soon! ty

#1282 jmbode

jmbode

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

If you have to do a full wipe, go the extra step & delete/recreate the ROM slot. That's what I did & had no issues.
Did notice one thing though. On rls5 I had to use a larger slot size than what I normally use. On rls6 I could maintain the usual size w/o issue.
What is your usual size, can it get by with a 2gb, I was using 3gb on the previous version

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#1283 atcjeff

atcjeff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr XT912

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

Question, and I am not trying or intending to be a smart a$$ here, but if you delete your current rom slot and then create a new one, is it really necessary to wipe data, cache, system, dalvik? Would it not be empty from deleting the old slot and creating the new one? Would it not make more sense to wipe everyting before you delete the old slot if you are worried about any data being left? is it really necessary to wipe data twice? Isn't one time enough? This being said, I followed the install directions to the letter and am waiting for my rom to settle before I set it up. Eagerly anticipatng the new awesomeness. Thanks for the valentines day gift, and yes Rootuser, I will be your valintine in a completly non-homosexual way! LOL
  • Rootuser94 likes this
Remember, crowded elevators smell different to midgets.

#1284 PillClinton

PillClinton

#FireGaryBettman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Twitter:530SharksFan
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

Hell yeah, downloading & prepping for a nice clean flash now. Thank you Rootuser94, can't wait to get this bad boy loaded up!

#1285 garywojdan81

garywojdan81

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Twitter:gwojdan_81

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

Question, and I am not trying or intending to be a smart a$$ here, but if you delete your current rom slot and then create a new one, is it really necessary to wipe data, cache, system, dalvik? Would it not be empty from deleting the old slot and creating the new one? Would it not make more sense to wipe everyting before you delete the old slot if you are worried about any data being left? is it really necessary to wipe data twice? Isn't one time enough? This being said, I followed the install directions to the letter and am waiting for my rom to settle before I set it up. Eagerly anticipatng the new awesomeness. Thanks for the valentines day gift, and yes Rootuser, I will be your valintine in a completly non-homosexual way! LOL

Don't carpenters say to measure twice & cut once? Better to err on the side of caution by practicing a little overkill.

#1286 dave5777

dave5777

Crack Flashing MOFO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationCali
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX, NEXUS 7 32gb

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

Thanks for the VD present just when I thought it was already perfect you put it into beast mode :)

Sent from my Motorola Galaxy s3 using Tapatalk 2

• Rootuser94 and tmyinc like this

#1287 JRT2006

JRT2006

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:15 PM

Been crashing a lot lately on 5, screen stays black, have to force reboot, then get the settings not applied message. Also, when taking pictures, they don't save correctly. I check my gallery and all I see is a bunch of grey squares, some with "no thumbnail" written on them. Definitely looking forward to my 6 install hoping that this is gone. thanks for your work

#1288 ddodge68

ddodge68

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationNW Iowa, USA

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

Duplicate ringtones and Bootanamation audio issues explained.

I have gone through all the roms and put together my own Ringtone, Notification and Alarms folders that I replace into the roms I use.
It is 265 ringtones, 169 notifications and 59 alarms. (NO Duplicates) :)
I have the .nomedia file in each folder so I can leave them on my sd card to move into whatever rom I am using.

I'd love to get my hands on these folders. Any chance of you sharing them?

#1289 Maxxaholic

Maxxaholic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

Updated to the update. So far so good ;) rocking the red theme

#1290 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

Thanks for the VD present just when I thought it was already perfect you put it into beast mode :)

Sent from my Motorola Galaxy s3 using Tapatalk 2

I'm sorry but I had to read your post a few times. Forgot it was valentines day. Trying to be indirect as to not get smacked by RU ;)

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#1291 rwil85

rwil85

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

If you have to do a full wipe, go the extra step & delete/recreate the ROM slot. That's what I did & had no issues.
Did notice one thing though. On rls5 I had to use a larger slot size than what I normally use. On rls6 I could maintain the usual size w/o issue.

Usual size?

I made my slot for user data for rls5 2gb just to be safe. Appropriate or no?

Rls5 has been running flawlessly on my device - update to rls6 a no brainer?

#1292 chipworkz

chipworkz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

I'd love to get my hands on these folders. Any chance of you sharing them?

Here you go.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• mhotovec, ddodge68, mattkilla and 1 other like this

#1293 Maxxaholic

Maxxaholic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:42 PM

All my ROM slots r 1gb and no issues that I've noticed

#1294 garywojdan81

garywojdan81

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Twitter:gwojdan_81

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:35 AM

Usual size?

I made my slot for user data for rls5 2gb just to be safe. Appropriate or no?

Rls5 has been running flawlessly on my device - update to rls6 a no brainer?

I usually use a 1gb data partition w/o issue & that's what I have rls6 set up on. But, for rls5, it was 2gb or nothing.

#1295 darkstar1245

darkstar1245

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:11 AM

hey guys how do i get rid of the vznm message i read the op and it said to disable it but i dont know how to do it so could you guys please explain it to me. and i download one theme and how to do it apply it?

#1296 ahart814

ahart814

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:50 AM

Guys.....Could someone please direct me to a way to get visual voicemail on this phone.....I use this phone for work and love the ROM but get 40+ voicemails in a day and not having it is a deal breaker and using google voice etc.... is not an option.

#1297 joshxdroid

joshxdroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:00 AM

Don't carpenters say to measure twice & cut once? Better to err on the side of caution by practicing a little overkill.

I don't know why people keep trying to skip the wipes, I could understand on clockwork where it could take several minutes, but on the new safestrap with TWRP it takes literally seconds to wipe everything. I do each wipe twice just for overkill
  • PillClinton and Rootuser94 like this

#1298 ddodge68

ddodge68

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationNW Iowa, USA

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:31 AM

So I've seen all of the discussion about how to improve/stabilize battery life, but most (if not all) of it was discussed prior to the update. Was this all included in the update? I see that CPU sleeper and Seeder were removed. Just wondering if I still need to make some small modifications, to get the best battery life.

#1299 kenbrownstone

kenbrownstone

noobie on tha boobie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Twitter:@Brownvols
  • LocationTennessee
  • Current Device(s):droid razor xt912

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:27 AM

Any tips on getting the red wallpaper to flash? I've got the sift keys and the ROM but can't get the red paper for nothing .Any tips ?

Posted Image

**** SIGNATURE MADE BY: RINKLE MCBALLY ****

#1300 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:43 AM

As long as we follow the directions in the OP, can we afterwards restore "DATA" only from a RLS5 Nandroid or is that not advisable? Thanks

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users