Photo

[ROM][CDMA/GSM][3-7] ★ Jellywiz RLS7 ★ I S3 Touchwiz I Rom Control I Mods I PIE I FAST I ★

• Please log in to reply
1887 replies to this topic

#1301 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:51 AM

As long as we follow the directions in the OP, can we afterwards restore "DATA" only from a RLS5 Nandroid or is that not advisable? Thanks

Restoring data is alway a catch-22. As long as its not System data, youre usually OK. The key word is "usually". If you have issues after restoring, you may need to delete and reinstall. YMMV
  • lazer likes this

#1302 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:57 AM

Restoring data is alway a catch-22. As long as its not System data, youre usually OK. The key word is "usually". If you have issues after restoring, you may need to delete and reinstall. YMMV

Thanks for the clarification. I think I will just go with TIBU data only restore, should be safer.

#1303 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • Twitter:@Rootuser94
  • Google+:scott.breen221@gmail.com
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 10.1, Droid Bionic, Droid X

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:59 AM

Any tips on getting the red wallpaper to flash? I've got the sift keys and the ROM but can't get the red paper for nothing .Any tips ?

Yeah you need to go to phirr1's theme thread, he has the wallpaper there for dl i believe

Posted Image

Join the Deviant Development Community Online

Facebook - Like/Join us! ||| Donate - If you appreciate my hard work! ||| Twitter - follow me! |||

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#1304 phrir1

phrir1

Themer Apprentice

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Twitter:phrir1
  • Google+:Phrir1@gmail.com
  • LocationMenifee, CA
  • Current Device(s):Droid4 : OG Razr

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:06 AM

Yeah you need to go to phirr1's theme thread, he has the wallpaper there for dl i believe

Indeed I do. Just download the wallpaper and set it from you're gallery

Posted Image

#1305 cliffnelson

cliffnelson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:16 AM

just downloaded this rom and its my first time on it. I must say this ROM is slick. Its fast and smooth and so far i love everything about it. Awesome work. I have had one issue so far after flashing. I wiped everything 2 times before flashing and then phone booted up and i let it sit and then i rebooted and fixed permissions. THe problem i am having is with 4g. Its in and out and has been going to 3g alot. Anybody else experience this?

#1306 sankyou

sankyou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:22 AM

Guys.....Could someone please direct me to a way to get visual voicemail on this phone.....I use this phone for work and love the ROM but get 40+ voicemails in a day and not having it is a deal breaker and using google voice etc.... is not an option.

The Verizon Visual Voicemail costs money and is not very good. Your best option is to use Google Voice for all of your voicemail. That's primarily what I use google voice for and it is completely seamless once you get it configured properly. Here are the numbers to dial to make it happen - but you will want to get GV configured first before doing this:

Everyone should have and use a google voice account. That's a given. Now forward your Verizon Wireless cell phone voicemails to google voice by dialing these three numbers from your cell phone:

*71[GVnumber]
*90[GVnumber]
*92[GVnumber]

#1307 Maxxaholic

Maxxaholic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:25 AM

Settings> more > mobile networks> network mode are u on global or lte/cdma?

#1308 cliffnelson

cliffnelson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:34 AM

Settings> more > mobile networks> network mode are u on global or lte/cdma?

well since it was a clean falsh i guess it reverts back to global. i switched it to lte/cdma though. ill monitor it and see if it gets any better

#1309 Maxxaholic

Maxxaholic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:34 AM

hey guys how do i get rid of the vznm message i read the op and it said to disable it but i dont know how to do it so could you guys please explain it to me. and i download one theme and how to do it apply it?

I think u have to log into your my Verizon account to disable it. Can't remember where exactly ATM. To flash the theme just reboot into recovery, wipe cache and dalvik and then flash/install theme and reboot.

#1310 Maxxaholic

Maxxaholic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:42 AM

As long as we follow the directions in the OP, can we afterwards restore "DATA" only from a RLS5 Nandroid or is that not advisable? Thanks

I use Tibu to restore my SMS data, call log, Pandora, tapatalk and nova all with data and I have never had an issue. After flashing roms it Makes setting my phone back up fast and easy ;)

#1311 cliffnelson

cliffnelson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:49 AM

I use Tibu to restore my SMS data, call log, Pandora, tapatalk and nova all with data and I have never had an issue. After flashing roms it Makes setting my phone back up fast and easy ;)

I read something the otehr day on droid-life.com about some new app call Carbon Back up....i wonder if itll do the same thing

#1312 CrazyEddie

CrazyEddie

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:13 AM

A FYI - The RLS6 changelog mentions "Removed Chrome" but it was certainly there on my fresh install. That's not a bad thing for me though, I like and use Chrome.

My favorite ROM BTW. GREAT JOB!

#1313 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

I read something the otehr day on droid-life.com about some new app call Carbon Back up....i wonder if itll do the same thing

Carbon is similar to TiBu and is written by Koush I believe from CWM

Just saw this in Play: Note: Carbon is NOT available to Motorola devices. This is because Motorola phones have a bug that break Android's backup mechanism. Until this is fixed by Motorola, Carbon will not work on those Androids.

#1314 jahciple

jahciple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:37 AM

I'm getting a FC on the new 4.2 clock when trying to edit an alarm I created.

#1315 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

I'm getting a FC on the new 4.2 clock when trying to edit an alarm I created.

Both clocks working here...of course the Samsung one has issues with the alarm volume.

Have you rebooted? Did you wipe?

#1316 phrir1

phrir1

Themer Apprentice

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Twitter:phrir1
  • Google+:Phrir1@gmail.com
  • LocationMenifee, CA
  • Current Device(s):Droid4 : OG Razr

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:44 AM

hey guys i wrote up a walk thru on how to get the Xposed App Settings all set up, check out POST #4

i do have to say having Tablet UI on gmail is kinda cool ;)
  • Rootuser94 likes this

Posted Image

#1317 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

hey guys i wrote up a walk thru on how to get the Xposed App Settings all set up, check out POST #4

Thanks for a nice simple write up phrir1! Appreciated.

#1318 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • Twitter:@Rootuser94
  • Google+:scott.breen221@gmail.com
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 10.1, Droid Bionic, Droid X

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:53 AM

Thanks broski

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

Posted Image

Join the Deviant Development Community Online

Facebook - Like/Join us! ||| Donate - If you appreciate my hard work! ||| Twitter - follow me! |||

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#1319 apcharlie

apcharlie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

Quick question, I followed the directions on the OP, but stuck on Step 11. How do I "Do a permissions fix"? Otherwise install has been going smoothly

#1320 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

Quick question, I followed the directions on the OP, but stuck on Step 11. How do I "Do a permissions fix"? Otherwise install has been going smoothly

You will find that in Safestrap under Advanced
  • apcharlie likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users