243 replies to this topic

#181 Beckeramos

Beckeramos

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

I feel bad that my comment upset some people. Wasn't trying to do that. I only surf these forums to look for other things to do with my spare 5 minutes. I don't live and die with my phone like some apparently. Perfectly happy without root. Again sorry.

#182 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

I feel bad that my comment upset some people. Wasn't trying to do that. I only surf these forums to look for other things to do with my spare 5 minutes. I don't live and die with my phone like some apparently. Perfectly happy without root. Again sorry.

Then get out of the root thread. LOL

#183 The_Chupacabra

The_Chupacabra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationLawton OK

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

This thread has a permanent tab on Chrome lol :)
  • anoopch likes this

#184 BADDINOROX99

BADDINOROX99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

dan is the man I wish I could contribute some donations for his trouble with this exploit but Christmas and hours being dangerously cut to near unemployment left my bank account empty

#185 aktrazer

aktrazer

SMod/News Team Leader

• Smod
  • 537 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC
  • Current Device(s):Smasung Galaxy Note 2, ASUS TF700T

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

Then why post at all in the root thread?

Posted Image

#186 Centurion

Centurion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

Then why post at all in the root thread?

He is Trolling !!

#187 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

I also want to thank Dan, Bytecode, D.R., and the users that were willing to donate to this cause. Without a community like this we wouldn't be able to do the things we do with our devices. I also want to thank SPJester for putting in the time to try and figure it out also. Tis a glorious day for RAZR owners everywhere!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

• Centurion likes this

#188 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

Hopefully not just RAZR owners. In theory this should help D4 and Bionic users when they get their JB builds, as well. :)
  • jp1044, jayrod and tmyinc like this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#189 rjl1844

rjl1844

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationorlando
  • Current Device(s):razr

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

Dan is the man!!!! Dude got skillz that's all I can say!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#190 cvhovey

cvhovey

Post Traumatic nOOb Disorder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Moto X Dev Ed, Moto X Retail, Nexus 7, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid X, OG Droid

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

Pledged $10 ... just donated $20 ... and I didn't lose root. On a tight budget, but I APPRECIATE the work devs do for us all.

Droid Razr M XT907 B/L Unlocked - Stock Rooted

#191 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

Hopefully not just RAZR owners. In theory this should help D4 and Bionic users when they get their JB builds, as well. :)

Very true. Let's keep our fingers crossed and high hopes for when that day comes!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#192 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

Yeah, the bad thing is I'm sure Moto is also babysitting this thread, just like us. Cuz I know for damn sure they want to see what the exploit is a badly as the rest of us. Then they'll get their little weasel security devs busy patching it up.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#193 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

Yeah, the bad thing is I'm sure Moto is also babysitting this thread, just like us. Cuz I know for damn sure they want to see what the exploit is a badly as the rest of us. Then they'll get their little weasel security devs busy patching it up.

If they do, it'll hold up 3 JB releases and push them further behind on 4.2 releases for the HD and M. ;) So for their sake, I really hope they don't go down that road. :D

#194 alexp1289

alexp1289

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

Why can't companies like Verizon (fixed) just let us have root I never understood why. That's like buying a laptop and not being able to take all the crap off of it. They should make that an option like usb debugging and unlocked bootloaders? Can someone please explain the big deal about giving users freedom cause my friends Samsung phone was easy as pie to root and put clockworkmod on.

Got to love Odin :-) it makes me think about switching sometimes LOL.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

#195 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

Target the right company, please. You're not mad at Moto....they'd love to give you crapware free, rootable, unlockable phones. VZW won't allow it. So ask VZW why they refuse to allow users the ability to remove their crapware and customize their phone experience. Gonna go with "follow the money" on this one. ;)
  • Thach and mattlgroff like this

#196 papi92

papi92

Developer

• Developer
  • 727 posts
  • Twitter:afox2015

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

They do. Buy a dev edition and you wouldn't need to open threads throwing money at people to try and root your device.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

• Aixelsyd likes this

#197 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

They do. Buy a dev edition and you wouldn't need to open threads throwing money at people to try and root your device.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Yup, that's also true. And that's the plan I'm going with for my next phone. Unlock, custom recovery, flash root. Done. :)

#198 BADDINOROX99

BADDINOROX99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

I'm guessing it's because they want you to buy a new phone every 2 months and since we root our phones making us hold on to them a little longer then most consumers so that's not very convenient for them money wise I'm referring to Verizon of course

#199 Smore4u

Smore4u

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationWoodbridge, VA
  • Current Device(s):Motorola X Developers Edition

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

Dan...thank you from the bottom of my heart! I have so missed my wifi! Now I'm off to teach myself how to root so I'll be ready when the time comes! Hopefully it's as easy as everyone is making it seem. Oh and my donation has been paid ;)

#200 alexp1289

alexp1289

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

If I could just plug my phone in and go to Motorola's website and pay 10 20 or 30 dollars to unlock my bootloader and get root I would. There should be 1 device and 1 version of that device and if you want to pay the money to get root and unlocked bootloader you just pay the fee.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users