• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#81 powrful1

powrful1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:19 AM

I also wanted the first dual core 4gLTE beast of a phone. That and my original Droid was at its limits. I have stayed with the Bionic due to the great people that still own them, and the community that helps support them.

Sent from my House of Bionics on ICS 246 w/Tapatalk 2™

• livinginkaos likes this

#82 gdfnr123

gdfnr123

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

I chose the bionic because of the awesome developers(duh!) If it weren't for the support from the developers developers I would've dipped the Motorola bandwagon long time ago. I also love the removable battery as it will come in handy when I would need more power. The device is truly gold.

#83 mobilechrisd

mobilechrisd

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

At the time of purchase I chose the Bionic due to its removable battery and external sd-card. At the time, only the HTC Rezound had these same specifications in a dual-core phone. The rest either had not external sd-card (i.e. Galaxy Nexus) or no removable battery (i.e. Razr).

I had owned a Droid X prior and therefore gave Motorola my business rather than HTC.

I'm sticking with it because I have unlimited data and won't give it up for an update like Jelly Bean. Maybe Key Lime will change my mind....maybe.

Chris

#84 Grettski

Grettski

Aluminum Overcast

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts
  • Google+:grettski66
  • LocationDelaware
  • Current Device(s):S4

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

First off...thank you for doing this!

My wife and I were eligible for early upgrades in Dec 2012. Before I even went in to the store I was thinking Bionic or Razr. I wasn't thrilled at all about the non-removable battery on the Razr, but I was going to consider it anyway. Physically the Bionic felt much better....more solid. And there was a guy in the store complaining about the horrible battery life on his Razr. The price was a little lower on the Bionic as well, so since I was getting two, I went with the Bionic. I guess one of the big reasons I stayed with it through all the issues is because of places like this. There were/are a lot of people (like Sam, Sarge, Kaos and many others) working hard to solve the issues (and help idiots like me) that Moto and big red were seemingly ignoring. I'm glad I stuck with it. I love ICS and am only having minor issues with the phone that aren't deal breakers....just annoying. If we get JB on it, it would be awesome. But I'm not gonna whine if it doesn't happen...
  • jayrod and livinginkaos like this

POW/MIA.....Never forget.    Circulus noster est fortis. ABSIT confringatur.

#85 DoughnutBoy

DoughnutBoy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

I got it as a loaner phone from the Samsung Charge I had, loved the phone and community following, so I made a deal to trade with Verizon for $50.

#86 dautley

dautley

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationTN.
  • Current Device(s):HTC One (M8) , Nexus 7 (2012), Nexus 10

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

The cheap price (free), removiable battery, and Moto's commitment to keep it up to date at least through JB! :)

#87 phabeon

phabeon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Twitter:pha_be_on
  • LocationChi Town
  • Current Device(s):Droid X

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

I chose the bionic because it was the "1st" 4g device...

also I kept hearing all the android kids talking about android and wondering what the hizzy they were smoking..err talking about..

Go BIO!!

oNe

#88 drinimd

drinimd

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

My reason for choosing the bionic was price. It was time to renew my contract and the bionic was free. I never really noticed the lack of support on the device. It was rooted to a custom rom about an hour after it arrived.

#89 drtrask

drtrask

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:46 AM

I like the fact the Bionic has a removable battery - but finances are also an issue that have kept me with it! Not wanting to lose unlimited data from VZW, I don't want to pay full retail for another device. That said, the USB port is starting to act a little funny on my Bionic, so I'm going to have to do something! Getting another Bionic through here might just be "the trick!"

#90 Killians

Killians

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:09 AM

I got the bionic because:
a) I needed an upgrade from my OG DROID
B) Work paid for it
c) The commercial was awesome
d) SD card
e) HD output
f) I had a crush when I was young on the bionic woman and the bionic's name reminded me of that.

#91 ecentell

ecentell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationGreat Midwest

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

Was deciding if I wanted to wait another few weeks for the Razr but when I found out the razr had a non removable battery the Bionic won out!

#92 cindylike24

cindylike24

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationVincennes, IN
  • Current Device(s):Cell Phone: Moto X Developer Edition (XT1060), Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8" Wi-Fi model

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

I got this phone when I was dissatisfied with my LG Enlighten. This phone definitely has more than enough memory for me and is definitely upgradable to ICS (and hopefully JB soon). Battery life is wonderful in most places but I also have a spare charged up and ready in my purse in case it's needed and I'm no where near a charger. I also really like making wallpapers for my phone to reflect my personality. I'm hoping to get back to that soon with the holidays being over with and racing season heating up in the next month.

#93 Mustang02

Mustang02

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

Bought it on release day. It had dual core, removable battery and SD card. I still own it due to the other lack luster phones Verizon has put out. The bionic can do everything the new phones can and so I see me owning this for as long as it works.

#94 prochnow

prochnow

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

Love the Bionic - rugged and unique! specs are strong, replaceable battery.

#95 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

So someone was nice enough to give livinginkaos unlimited likes but he refuses to like the OP lol. J/K kaos ;)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

• johnlgalt likes this

#96 Nagaro

Nagaro

Brosicle

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • Current Device(s):NEXUS 6P, Moto 360

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

I got my Bionic at launch. My OG DROID was on its last leg. No custom ROM could help it anymore and as my main driver it was ready to retire after almost 2 years.

I've been interested in the Bionic for a LONG time. I knew a guy who had an in with Moto and would tell me and a few others about Bionic (Etna at the time). We were excited and then we saw it at CES. I knew it was my next phone and I was excited about it. Dual core, qHD resolution display (cool at the time), and it had everything I wanted. Then came the wait and then the rebirth under Targa.

I was glad it got a refreshed looked (especially the 1GB of RAM). At the time it was the best phone to get on verizon and I was ready to get it. Got it from Let's Talk and used a coupon. Total I spent $175 on it. Pretty nice considering it was $299.

The first model I got was a bust. Interestingly enough it was a very unique Bionic. The screen was not properly sealed on the device and would wiggle and finally it was REALLY light. I kid you not my first Bionic was extremely light and the replacement I got was significantly heavier then it. It was weird.

Second one was better, but still had the launch bugs. Random reboots and all that jazz. I didn't know what to do, but wait for the update that was supposed to fix it. Again, it wouldn't be for a few months that there was a decent alternative to the Bionic, so I figured I'd stick with it.

The update came and fixed the majority of the problems except the data drops. I would experience constant drops till the ICS leaks started popping up. OH, and yeah I also experienced the wonders of 905. If it wasn't for the ICS leaks I probably wouldn't have kept my Bionic.

Today, my Bionic is pretty good. I have one bug that is a pain, but I try to work through it. I've done some slight modifications to it, and it's still pumping. I was actually very proud of it yesterday lol.

73pi4w.png
Temp sig by livininginkaos

#97 Tech425

Tech425

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:00 AM

Hmmmm I started with an HTC Touch Pro on Alltel network and HTC made me mad when they told me that the Touch Pro couldn't run Win 6.5 (well guess what :) It does)

When Verizon bought Alltel out I went to the 1st Droid then to the DroidX hehehe then the Awesome Droid Bionic came out and I got it :D

Then Verizon took away the unlimited plan, but I'm still on the Alltel plan (hehehe Verizon can't slow my speed down if I download to much and yes I tested it by tethering my Bionic to my Laptop and downloaded over 50GB of data :blink: and no speed drop :D )

I do have to give a Very Big Thank You to this Forum, SamuriHL and sargentmajord ----- :D :) Y'all ROCK :D
  • Int_Rnd_Pooka likes this

Posted Image

#98 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:20 AM

So someone was nice enough to give livinginkaos unlimited likes but he refuses to like the OP lol. J/K kaos ;)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

My bad...... All fixed- by someone else apparently..... LOL!
  • johnlgalt and tmyinc like this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#99 ShadowDXS

ShadowDXS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Twitter:ShadowDXS
  • Google+:Branndon Pike
  • LocationDaytona Beach Shores
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic, Google Nexus 7, HTC One X, Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:38 AM

My Droid Bionic started off as a gift for a ungrateful (now ex) girlfriend of mine. When we broke up, I asked for it back. She used it for all of one month then never paid the Verison bill. I have a great deal of experience with Android, and love to recycle them for so many things.

I was bored one day, and very disappointed with my LG Thrill (p925) So I randomly searched the term 'Motorola Droid Bionic GSM'. And to my shock... There where some very positive results! Once I got everything up and running, i tossed my p925 in the desk and fell in love with VZW's flagship device. Now i'm rocking (what is now a dead) KILLROM 4.2.1, and enjoying the epicness that is my 'Mother-F*cking Droid Bionic'!

#100 CaptianSpiffy

CaptianSpiffy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

I chose it because of the LTE, the dual core, and removable battery. Almost went with the RAZR, but actually glad that I didn't. I really have learned soooo much having to wade through the problems, I guess my curiosity for messing with my phone has overcome my threshold for swapping to a different device. That and I'm now thoroughly "hooked on moot".

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bionic, Giveaway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users