Photo

[JB Root Released]Discussion, (was test scripts thread)

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#61 sk842018

sk842018

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Current Device(s):droid incredible 2/ droid RAZRxt912

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Heres the link

Edit: it is in fact for the jelly bean. Dnt know what the difference is besides it being a gsm phone. But wouldn't think the securities would be that different

#62 SPJESTER

SPJESTER

Like A Boss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Twitter:mhowell34
  • Google+:mhowell34
  • LocationStarkvegas, Mississippi
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S4 Active

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

The China script is what we have.... Didn't mess with flashing the boot.IMG files tho good luck with that

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

>> I'VE BEEN AROUND A WHILE. LETS GET TO IT <<
Current Device: AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 Active 

Retired Devices: Moto Droid, VZW HTC Thunderbolt, VZW Moto Droid Bionic

#63 chris_denney

chris_denney

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Twitter:denney_chris
  • Google+:denney300
  • LocationMissouri
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx, Xoom

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

Could we take the china script, replace it's boot.img with the one from the droidrazrutility1.81, and replace the cnboot.img with the razrjbboot.img from matts unbrick jellybean utility?

#64 Punk

Punk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

From what it looks like, the china root retail flashes the 4.0.4 kernel, and then roots it from there. After that, it stores the root and upgrades back to 4.1.2. The china script doesn't look like it will apply to us as we have a locked bootloader :(

#65 SPJESTER

SPJESTER

Like A Boss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Twitter:mhowell34
  • Google+:mhowell34
  • LocationStarkvegas, Mississippi
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S4 Active

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:05 AM

:( i tried guys, 3 diff script versions with multiple builds. and even a sd card mod

>> I'VE BEEN AROUND A WHILE. LETS GET TO IT <<
Current Device: AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 Active 

Retired Devices: Moto Droid, VZW HTC Thunderbolt, VZW Moto Droid Bionic

#66 canezila

canezila

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:12 AM

Please dont give up.... just a matter of time... I hope....

#67 ajax33

ajax33

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationIowa
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:09 AM

The other probelm besides flashing the boot.img with the Chineses script is that the file system on the 910 is different from our 912. The particular file it uses to try to gain access, /dev/block/mmblk1p20, is in a different structure on our file system, being /dev/block/*Boot Time*mmblk1p20. I tried writing code different ways to gain access, but couldn't.

I'm back to the motofail2go... I've found a few ways to trigger a bug report, but my combinations that I've tried haven't been successfull yet. May need a whole new exploit written...

#68 jburchii

jburchii

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr xt912

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:04 AM

The other probelm besides flashing the boot.img with the Chineses script is that the file system on the 910 is different from our 912. The particular file it uses to try to gain access, /dev/block/mmblk1p20, is in a different structure on our file system, being /dev/block/*Boot Time*mmblk1p20. I tried writing code different ways to gain access, but couldn't.

I'm back to the motofail2go... I've found a few ways to trigger a bug report, but my combinations that I've tried haven't been successfull yet. May need a whole new exploit written...

How did you get the bug report? and how far did the motofail2go get after the bug report?

#69 jburchii

jburchii

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr xt912

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:18 AM

Ok, so I have been following this discussion and am I right in thinking that the problem is how to get the ability to write a file to the /system folder on the xt912?

Once that is achieved, then the rest of the process would be relatively easy and quick?

#70 lostsoul01

lostsoul01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationFrom the dark shadows of Texas
  • Current Device(s):OG RAZR MAXX

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

What about Bin4ry's root tool, doesn't it have some kind of timing file that opens up the system briefly to be able to run the script? If that's the case couldn't we alter his root tool and run the right script? As of now his tool doesn't work for RAZR on jelly bean. Just a thought?

#71 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

Anyone have a copy of bin4ry"s tool ?.... can't seem to DL it.... a bunch of dead ends ..... :)

sent from my JB RAZR .... tapadriving

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#72 ajax33

ajax33

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

How did you get the bug report? and how far did the motofail2go get after the bug report?

You can adb command a bug report, and there is a place under the Development Options to take a bug report. I've tried both scenarios to try to acheive root. The motofail2go script then runs all of the way through, but it comes back exploit failed as the only issue. I think my issue now is getting the motofail2go script to run while the bug dump is happening, whereas right now I can only get it to run after the bug dump. So I'm still looking/playing.

What about Bin4ry's root tool, doesn't it have some kind of timing file that opens up the system briefly to be able to run the script? If that's the case couldn't we alter his root tool and run the right script? As of now his tool doesn't work for RAZR on jelly bean. Just a thought?

I haven't looked into that, but maybe I will.

I know just enough to be dangerous to my phone, so I'm still playing around to see what I can find.

#73 ajax33

ajax33

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

Anyone have a copy of bin4ry"s tool ?.... can't seem to DL it.... a bunch of dead ends ..... :)

Found bin4ry's tool:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#74 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:35 AM

I can upload it to dropbox if you like.

Sent from my Motorola Galaxy s3 using Tapatalk 2

#75 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:38 AM

I can upload it to dropbox if you like.

Sure I appreciate it.... the xda link is where I keep hitting dead ends :) thanx

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#76 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

Sure I appreciate it.... the xda link is where I keep hitting dead ends :) thanx

Pm sent.

#77 my2cents

my2cents

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

I've been doing some reading. On the Razr M, they need to have 3 quick vibrations for the bug report to launch. I've tired all sorts of things and I finally realized that if I unplug the usb cable and keep messing with the key combination - I can actually get the 3 quick vibrations!! I've gotten it about 5 times now. I just takes a lot of messing with it. I think the best method is to turn the phone down and then press both vol+ and power at the same time for about 1 second. Give it a couple of seconds and try again if you dont get the vibrations. It takes a couple seconds for the report to generate - I think. Anyway, I cant make it happen while connected to USB.

The problem is that when I get it and then I plug it back into the usb I cant get it to finish the process without failing. And, no matter what I do, I cant get the bug report with the usb plugged in. Has anyone else experienced this? I feel like I am so close to getting my phone rooted...

EDIT: By the way, I'm using the updated the su and superuser apk in the motofail2go exploit. I guess this was an issue for the razr m people.
  • BADDINOROX99 likes this

#78 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:34 AM

I've been doing some reading. On the Razr M, they need to have 3 quick vibrations for the bug report to launch. I've tired all sorts of things and I finally realized that if I unplug the usb cable and keep messing with the key combination - I can actually get the 3 quick vibrations!! I've gotten it about 5 times now. I just takes a lot of messing with it. I think the best method is to turn the phone down and then press both vol+ and power at the same time for about 1 second. Give it a couple of seconds and try again if you dont get the vibrations. It takes a couple seconds for the report to generate - I think. Anyway, I cant make it happen while connected to USB.

The problem is that when I get it and then I plug it back into the usb I cant get it to finish the process without failing. And, no matter what I do, I cant get the bug report with the usb plugged in. Has anyone else experienced this? I feel like I am so close to getting my phone rooted...

EDIT: By the way, I'm using the updated the su and superuser apk in the motofail2go exploit. I guess this was an issue for the razr m people.

Can you check and see if you have a /sdcard/bug2go folder?

#79 ajax33

ajax33

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:33 AM

Can you check and see if you have a /sdcard/bug2go folder?

I can say there is no bug2go folder on the sdcard or sdcard-ext

#80 baciar1

baciar1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:34 AM

i have su and bug2go folder on my sdcard but it shows exclamation mark and system can't reed this type of file

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users