Photo

[JB Root Released]Discussion, (was test scripts thread)

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#81 The_Chupacabra

The_Chupacabra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationLawton OK

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:21 AM

I have a bug2go folder in my sdcard and it is readable.

#82 my2cents

my2cents

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

I have a bug2go folder in my sdcard and it is readable.

Can you check and see if you have a /sdcard/bug2go folder?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

YES. I hadnt looked but I have a bug2go folder on the root of my sdcard. It has folders and .info files in there! Here is one of the reports that I generated.

Attached Files

#83 davisev5225

davisev5225

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

Just thought I'd drop in here real fast and say I've been successful at triggering bug reports on my Razr. The only way I've been able to do so consistently is to press the power button until the "power off" menu pops up. THEN I press and hold the power button and volume up button for about 3 seconds. After that, you need to wait up to 30 seconds or so, and then you'll get 2x-3x very short vibrations in rapid succession. That's the start of the bug report.

I haven't had a chance to try and do this while the USB cord is plugged into the computer, but I will hopefully have the chance to try it tonight.

#84 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

Just thought I'd drop in here real fast and say I've been successful at triggering bug reports on my Razr. The only way I've been able to do so consistently is to press the power button until the "power off" menu pops up. THEN I press and hold the power button and volume up button for about 3 seconds. After that, you need to wait up to 30 seconds or so, and then you'll get 2x-3x very short vibrations in rapid succession. That's the start of the bug report.

I haven't had a chance to try and do this while the USB cord is plugged into the computer, but I will hopefully have the chance to try it tonight.

Definitely let us know. That's one of the key things that we need to figure out. People successfully have done it without being plugged into USB port but not while plugged in.

#85 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

Well why not un plug USB ..... trigger bug report .... plug back in ..then continue commands....... it won't hurt the process because until you enter the next command .... there should be no activity over the USB....... I have yet to be successful in even triggering the bug report (yet) ...... probably something i am doing wrong...... LOL :)

sent from my JB RAZR .... tapadriving

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#86 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

Well why not un plug USB ..... trigger bug report .... plug back in ..then continue commands....... it won't hurt the process because until you enter the next command .... there should be no activity over the USB....... I have yet to be successful in even triggering the bug report (yet) ...... probably something i am doing wrong...... LOL :)

I think people have tried to trigger the bug report and plug back in to USB but got errors. Not sure why that is the case though.

#87 my2cents

my2cents

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

I've done this about 20 times. Each time I think it might actually work, but it always comes back failed. I think that the exploit has to happen as the bug report is being generated. Since it takes time for the phone to be recognized by the computer again, I think we miss our window. If someone figures it out I am sure they will tell us...

#88 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

I've done this about 20 times. Each time I think it might actually work, but it always comes back failed. I think that the exploit has to happen as the bug report is being generated. Since it takes time for the phone to be recognized by the computer again, I think we miss our window. If someone figures it out I am sure they will tell us...

i kinda figured that had been tried (by someone smarter than me LOL)..........so basically it MAY boil down to a matter of timing between the bug report and continuing the commands...... and that timing may be measured in milliseconds :( is triggering the bug report via the developer options menu basically the same as via the button combination? i only ask because via the menu, it asks for a confirmation before actually triggering it.... is it possible that it may give us the extra timing that we may need to disconnect then reconnect the USB?

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#89 daniel24fan

daniel24fan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:42 AM

does anybody have any luck rooting jellybean yet

#90 my2cents

my2cents

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

does anybody have any luck rooting jellybean yet

Nope. But you can help support development of a root method in the general forum, if you like...

#91 dave8311

dave8311

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

I have not been able to generate a bug report, so I did some looking around and I found this topic.....

Some devices will only let the debugger attach if the application has the android.permission.SET_DEBUG_APP permission set in its manifest file:
<manifest>
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.SET_DEBUG_APP"></uses-permission>
</manifest>

Is this something that needs to be enabled in the buggy sudoko app?

#92 davisev5225

davisev5225

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

Just thought I'd drop a second update. I haven't had a chance to fully test USB bug reports due to family health issues, but the initial results aren't promising. Then again, I recently discovered that I'm also experiencing problems with my Razr's vibration motor seizing, so who knows. My current line of thought is to trigger the bug report before even beginning the exploit script, but I'm not sure that will lead anywhere. The motofail2go script generates another error (which I don't have handy at the moment) which I'm not sure I can correct. It tries to run a script from within /system, but obviously we can't have /system access without root.

I'll keep trying, but I'm by no means a developer. I just work in tech support, and can therefore do general troubleshooting.

#93 BADDINOROX99

BADDINOROX99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

root exploit found they'll be posting it later

#94 jburchii

jburchii

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr xt912

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

Heard of a root exploit - haven't seen it yet........

#95 SPJESTER

SPJESTER

Like A Boss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Twitter:mhowell34
  • Google+:mhowell34
  • LocationStarkvegas, Mississippi
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S4 Active

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

Root it out. Its on Main page and in my tool already!

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• my2cents likes this

>> I'VE BEEN AROUND A WHILE. LETS GET TO IT <<
Current Device: AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 Active 

Retired Devices: Moto Droid, VZW HTC Thunderbolt, VZW Moto Droid Bionic

#96 daniel24fan

daniel24fan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

I got it and it work great thank you Dan and everybody that work hard on it

#97 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

Root it out. Its on Main page and in my tool already!

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

And without a doubt the most OUT OF THE BOX thinking of any exploit I've EVER seen.
  • BytecodeMe, wabmorgan, satman80 and 1 other like this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users