Photo

[ROM] [4.1.2] Aviator Blur - v3.0.9 [11/15/13] Pick Your Own Color!

Aviator ROM OTA ZKK007 Blur

• Please log in to reply
2233 replies to this topic

#2141 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:53 PM

If I understand this correctly there is no way that a locked bootloader running safestrap can use this correct?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Are you sure you're in the right forum?  I did some searching and I see all your previous posts are in the Razr HD forum.  This is the OG Razr forum.  If you do have an OG Razr/Maxx, you can install this rom.  Can't use it on the HD though. 

#2142 grnsl2

grnsl2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:34 PM

Are you sure you're in the right forum? I did some searching and I see all your previous posts are in the Razr HD forum. This is the OG Razr forum. If you do have an OG Razr/Maxx, you can install this rom. Can't use it on the HD though.

great catch, thank you. Still getting used to the face that there are so many droid razr phones. Oh the good old days when it was just my X or X2... Thanks again, sorry bout that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

#2143 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:18 AM

It's OK. It's easy to do. I've done it myself. Like the old saying goes. Stuff happens. Well, something like that anyway. :)

#2144 ilanpro

ilanpro

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:57 PM

Hi I just got a new RAZR Max x xt912, I just rooted the phone and went ahead and installed this rom, the phone started and it got stuck on the aviator M , will not go pass it. Any ideas? Thanks

#2145 Saepak

Saepak

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:50 PM

Okay, hopefully someone out there knows the answer to this.  I am on a 4.4.2 rom and want to go back to a 4.1.2 rom, i.e. Aviator Blur 3.0.9, but when I try to run a 4.1.2 rom in safestrap it fails.  Any ideas.  Am I s-out of luck?   Thanks.  

#2146 Einsteindks

Einsteindks

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:56 PM

Okay, hopefully someone out there knows the answer to this. I am on a 4.4.2 rom and want to go back to a 4.1.2 rom, i.e. Aviator Blur 3.0.9, but when I try to run a 4.1.2 rom in safestrap it fails. Any ideas. Am I s-out of luck? Thanks.

ROM slot partitioning not big enough?

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

#2147 Saepak

Saepak

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:06 PM

ROM slot partitioning not big enough?

No I set my slots to 2gig.  I use to run Aviator Blur on a 1gig slot.  I installed the 4.4.2 rom in slot 2 after Aviator Blur failed.

#2148 bradg24

bradg24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:04 PM

Do you have a newer SS? That will fail it too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#2149 Saepak

Saepak

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:07 PM

Do you have a newer SS? That will fail it too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I bet that is what it is.  I have 3.51 SS.  Can I down grade to 3.11?

#2150 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX, USA.
  • Current Device(s):XT912, XT907

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:11 PM

Yeah, this one will work with SS3.53 and above. I would upgrade your safestrap or run an older build which is 3.11 compatible.

bWyLE9l.jpg

Donate? Click on signature :)

#2151 Saepak

Saepak

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:21 PM

Yeah, this one will work with SS3.53 and above. I would upgrade your safestrap or run an older build which is 3.11 compatible.

Thanks.  I will get the upgrade done then.  Thanks.

#2152 dmitry

dmitry

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Current Device(s):razr MAXX

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:56 PM

New phone never had Safestrap 3.11 installed always 3.65 cannot get service to work, messaging crashes and i cannot get into settings networks it crashes when i try. I have tried manually deleting the folder with slots, re installing slot, flashing the rom, fixing permissions etc etc etc. same result every time. When i go back to stock rom everything works fine. Any ideas or help on this one? 

#2153 dmitry

dmitry

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:22 PM

Well, answered my own question. Deleted everything. Loaded into Stock. Turned on GPS (this might have nothing to do with anything) Deleted the safe strap folder. Rebooted into safe strap and instead of using slot one i used rom slot two. Now it works. about to check this puppy out.

#2154 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX, USA.
  • Current Device(s):XT912, XT907

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:49 AM

Well, answered my own question. Deleted everything. Loaded into Stock. Turned on GPS (this might have nothing to do with anything) Deleted the safe strap folder. Rebooted into safe strap and instead of using slot one i used rom slot two. Now it works. about to check this puppy out.

Glad you figured it out. Yeah, if you don't delete the folder it will give you issues. The ROM slot needs to be created with the new safe strap in order for everything to go smoothly :)

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 4

bWyLE9l.jpg

Donate? Click on signature :)

#2155 dmitry

dmitry

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:55 PM

Thank you.

now im trying to install it on the ladys maxx and i keep getting failed zip validation or something like that. .... Bleh

#2156 dmitry

dmitry

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:44 PM

turned off signature validation in SS .. took care of it

• Einsteindks likes this

#2157 Nadious

Nadious

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:40 AM

I'm not sure if it is the ROM or something with my phone, but I notice that after using this ROM for awhile, my phone gets really bogged down and becomes laggy.  The biggest area I notice this in, is within using the Facebook app.  I know that the Facebook app, in itself, is not all that great... but I've done some comparisons with this ROM and say Aviator CM11 KitKat and there is a very noticeable delay in moving between apps and just doing regular tasks on the phone.

Not knocking the ROM, by any means... it is fantastic and I use it as my daily driver, so I'm very pleased with it... but I'm trying to figure out where all of this sluggish response seems to be coming from.  I'm running the same apps and config on all my roms (very minimal) and this is the only one I seem to get this kind of behavior from.

Anyone else experience something similar?  I doubt it, as I don't read anyone else with these problems or see any postings that say the same thing.

#2158 Einsteindks

Einsteindks

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:24 AM

Wipe cache/dalvik?

#2159 dmlsthe1

dmlsthe1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:20 AM

I'm not sure if it is the ROM or something with my phone, but I notice that after using this ROM for awhile, my phone gets really bogged down and becomes laggy. The biggest area I notice this in, is within using the Facebook app. I know that the Facebook app, in itself, is not all that great... but I've done some comparisons with this ROM and say Aviator CM11 KitKat and there is a very noticeable delay in moving between apps and just doing regular tasks on the phone.

Not knocking the ROM, by any means... it is fantastic and I use it as my daily driver, so I'm very pleased with it... but I'm trying to figure out where all of this sluggish response seems to be coming from. I'm running the same apps and config on all my roms (very minimal) and this is the only one I seem to get this kind of behavior from.
Anyone else experience something similar? I doubt it, as I don't read anyone else with these problems or see any postings that say the same thing.

Yes I've experienced this too. However, I've noticed it on most blur roms. The only solution I've found is to wipe it and start over until 'a build up' happens again. The wipe of cache and dalvic don't help me ever

#2160 gautamrao

gautamrao

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:10 PM

Guys, I'm getting really bad battery life since flashing 3.0.9. On previous versions (3.0.3 was the last I tried), I could easily get through to midnight or even the next day with reasonably heavy use on the razr maxx. But now I'm out of juice by 6 pm or so (starting around 7 or 8 am). Screen takes a lot of it (60 percent), but android system takes a lot too (about 40 percent). Any thoughts? Is the auto brightness calibrated much higher on new versions of this rom? I have a lot of traveling ahead when I need the phone to last through the day, so could really use your advice. If not this rom, any recommendations for another to use to improve battery life? The main root feature I need is wifi-tether. Thanks! 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Aviator, ROM, OTA, ZKK007, Blur

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users