Photo

[ROM] [4.1.2] Aviator Blur - v3.0.9 [11/15/13] Pick Your Own Color!

Aviator ROM OTA ZKK007 Blur

• Please log in to reply
2233 replies to this topic

#2181 lazy9090

lazy9090

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:10 PM

Alright, thanks for clearing that up for me!

#2182 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX, USA.
  • Current Device(s):XT912, XT907

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:12 PM

Alright, thanks for clearing that up for me!

I would've hated to been the cause of a huge data bill! :p

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

bWyLE9l.jpg

Donate? Click on signature :)

#2183 buckeyestilidie

buckeyestilidie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Twitter:buckeyestilidie@yahoo.com

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:42 PM

People like this ROM. I find this my favorite 4.1.2 out there. However, every developer puts great ROMS out there, so it's all personal preference :). @buckeyestilidie

I'm currently on 4.2.2 can I switch to this with our problem? Just wipe and flash?

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

#2184 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:06 PM

I'm currently on 4.2.2 can I switch to this with our problem? Just wipe and flash?

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Sure can!

bWyLE9l.jpg

#2185 buckeyestilidie

buckeyestilidie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Twitter:buckeyestilidie@yahoo.com

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:27 PM

Sure can!

Is using SS 3.63 or 3.65 okay with this?

#2186 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:04 AM

Is using SS 3.63 or 3.65 okay with this?

Yes, just let me known of anything goes wrong :)

bWyLE9l.jpg

#2187 Einsteindks

Einsteindks

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:21 AM

Yes, just let me known of anything goes wrong :)

Dude! You should give customer support instruction ta Big Red!

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

• ZKK007 likes this

#2188 curts2008

curts2008

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationXville, Oh
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 LMY47Z

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:03 AM

Would updating my stock ROM with the Motorola update 98.72.165.en screw up my "awesome" Aviator ROM v3.0.9? The update seems to be rather un-important but i usually like keeping things up to date, but i'm not going to jeopardize a great thing. 

#2189 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:02 AM

Would updating my stock ROM with the Motorola update 98.72.165.en screw up my "awesome" Aviator ROM v3.0.9? The update seems to be rather un-important but i usually like keeping things up to date, but i'm not going to jeopardize a great thing. 

I wouldn't. There is a possibility you will lose root.

bWyLE9l.jpg

#2190 curts2008

curts2008

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationXville, Oh

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:38 AM

I wondered about that, that's why i ask the experts! I have 1 more question. I'm going to be taking my Razr maxx this coming march and buy a Straight Talk sim card and get on their service, and say bye bye to Verizon. How will this effect my Phone & Roms (stock & Aviator) and what do i need to do in the event of changing service from verizon to straight talk as far as keeping your custom rom? Thanks very much for your support.

#2191 curts2008

curts2008

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationXville, Oh

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:54 AM

Anybody?

#2192 bcetxs

bcetxs

STUDENT/Development

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Google+:zombie.inc.development@gmail.com
  • LocationTheory Land
  • Current Device(s):XT907,XT912

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:45 PM

I wondered about that, that's why i ask the experts! I have 1 more question. I'm going to be taking my Razr maxx this coming march and buy a Straight Talk sim card and get on their service, and say bye bye to Verizon. How will this effect my Phone & Roms (stock & Aviator) and what do i need to do in the event of changing service from verizon to straight talk as far as keeping your custom rom? Thanks very much for your support.

As long as your sim will read in the phone and give you service your phone can run on different services. Its the same concept of say people with iPhone. They always want to run an ATT iPhone on the T-Mobile service. Droids are more open source so it unlocks greater potential to people giving us things like ROOT. If you want to maximize your abilities UNLOCKING The boot loader while you can is always my recommendation. Unlocking the boot loader let's you basically do ANYTHING With your phone like putting custom ROMs from different ports and stuff without having to keep the same base band for your specific device. Maximizing your chances of being able to use straight gsm , CDMA, or both which means their will be no problems finding ROMs for your needs :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#2193 drewski11

drewski11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area, CA

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:10 PM

As long as your sim will read in the phone and give you service your phone can run on different services. Its the same concept of say people with iPhone. They always want to run an ATT iPhone on the T-Mobile service. Droids are more open source so it unlocks greater potential to people giving us things like ROOT. If you want to maximize your abilities UNLOCKING The boot loader while you can is always my recommendation. Unlocking the boot loader let's you basically do ANYTHING With your phone like putting custom ROMs from different ports and stuff without having to keep the same base band for your specific device. Maximizing your chances of being able to use straight gsm , CDMA, or both which means their will be no problems finding ROMs for your needs :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

our bootloader hasn't been unlocked.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Droid Razr MaxxSS3.6 AviatorBlur / CM11 N10 | RastaKat Xoom Wifi | Big Part 4.3 N7 | MultiROM / RastaKat OG Droid | kfazz CM10 port

#2194 quipstad

quipstad

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:55 AM

First I want to say THANK YOU to ZKK007 for this rom. It's amazing and runs so smoothly.

The only things I want to mention are issues with battery life and wifi notification.

The battery life isn't bad on my Razr Maxx right now, at about 40 hours or so, but I used to get 60 hours+ on the stock unrooted rom and another rom I tried. This one seems to be lacking a bit even after a week of settling and multiple battery calibrations. I followed the installation, CPU sleeper and battery calibration instructions to a T, but it hasn't seemed to improve. And strangely, the first night off the charger the battery will drop from 99% to 95% overnight, but the following night it drops from 39% to 19% overnight. Any suggestions?

Checking the main drains on the battery, the screen used to dominate the percentage of use, but now it seems the Android system is the primary consumer. I don't have anything overclocked; why is it working so hard?

The only other issue I'm having is the same issue I've had with other roms. In the wifi options, I always deselect the check box that says "notify me when an open network is available" because I don't want my notification bar to bother me randomly when I'm driving down the highway. But for some reason whether the box is checked or unchecked, it always notifies me of open networks.

That said, besides these minor issues, I am loving every minute of it. Thanks to That Kiwi Guy!

#2195 qweesy

qweesy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:43 AM

will you be updating this for latest OTA from Verizon?

#2196 Einsteindks

Einsteindks

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:20 AM

I doubt he will; given that the latest update hardly did anything, other than a handful of intermittent, spotty bugs...which he may have already addressed. That, and it seems to have a 'soft' bug in Safestrap...I doesn't like to share a slot with any other ROM, or so it has done for me.

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

#2197 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:55 AM

will you be updating this for latest OTA from Verizon?

No plans as of yet. I don't have much dev time these days and updating to the latest isn't a high priority since the update is small and not very significant

bWyLE9l.jpg

#2198 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:02 AM

The OTA was very small and probably nothing really for ZKK to do. Probably the biggest thing in it was an updated radio, that you can flash regardless of the ROM.

• ZKK007 likes this

#2199 Justintoxicated

Justintoxicated

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:40 AM

I installed this after I got my replacement phone sand it has the latest update.  I guess that is why I have no signal?

#2200 stevegough

stevegough

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Location94002

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:57 AM

It is so lonely in here.

I have tried the latest Kit-Kat ROMS and the rage ROMS and 'Blurry'.

Ran SlimKat for awhile too.

I always come back to this ROM in the end. It is the only ROM that has consistantly runs 100% for me in all things; WiFi hotspot, GPS satellite fix, Battery life.

So far I've not encountered a ROM that has swayed me from the blur-based ROM.

4/8/2014

Just ran through a whole series of KK ROMs; slimkat, PACman,Liquid smooth looking for that magic ROM to load in the stock slot.

After enduring 4,5,6,7,8,9 hours of battery life over the course of days waiting for the battery to 'settle', no 3g service, loss of data link I scrubbed everything and loaded Aviator Blur 3.09 in slot one.

First day of use: 24hours 33 minutes battery time.

Not going 'forward' to KK

I know you have stated you might not update this ROM, but should you get 'bored' some night would you consider altering the reboot menu to add the option to reboot into recovery (ala AOSP)?

This seems to be the only fancy feature I find myself using a regular basis.

Otherwise this is the most excellent of ROMs

• Einsteindks and ZKK007 like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Aviator, ROM, OTA, ZKK007, Blur

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users