230 replies to this topic

#141 Pow_2k

Pow_2k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT926M

Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:32 PM

That would be cool, the more info, the better. :)

Ok... finally getting this out there.  Some general settings:

Display... sleep after 5 mins of inactivity.

Display/Daydream... is on, clock is selected, when to daydream is "either".

Security... screen lock is on with pattern, automatically lock is 5 sec after sleep except when kept unlocked by Smart Lock, power button instantly locks.  I am not currently testing in a "smart lock" area.

Not sure all of those are required, or that they are the complete set of what is.  But, I figured those may be important.  Now, steps to reproduce:

* Lock the phone (via timeout, power button, or other method if such exists).

* Attach to dock or charger.  Data cable to a PC works fine for this.

* Press power button, should come up to the lock screen.

* Let it sit for a few seconds to go into Daydream mode.

* Either touch the screen or any of the buttons.  Daydream mode will fade away and you'll just have a black screen.

* Press the power button and you should be back to the lock screen.

It is these last two steps that are the problem.  In other ROMs (at least NoBe's AOSP and I believe Moto's official final KK build) touching either the screen or buttons while in daydream would go to the lock screen.  Just taking a guess here, but I wonder if it could be something with the CLock (note the cap L) app.  I don't ever recall seeing that in my app list until I tried DU.

So, any thoughts?  Only other issues I've seen with this ROM is the typical Google "

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

" which I've already dealt with previously, and that I might be having a problem with MMS messages which could be ROM related.  Not sure if there is anything you can do about the former besides going ahead and building the ROM with the

, if that is even possible.  Even then I would think it to be better if after failure the test would just be attempted again since I can already see that happening if WiFi is disabled and re-enabled.  Regarding the MMS problem I'll need to switch over to a diff ROM to see if it continues.  I can't remember if it showed up when I put on DU or sometime after but I know it wasn't an issue on NoBe's AOSP build.

Thanks for your continued work on this!

#142 Pow_2k

Pow_2k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:52 PM

Cellular data limit/warning... if in the settings screen I search for "cellular" I can see the entry found, but I can't seem to access it from the data usage screen.  Also, it is only giving me what appears to be a combined graph of cellular + WiFi?  I thought there was a cellular data only graph that could be seen...

EDIT: Might have been a theme issue.  Got it today.  Odd, but I'm new to tinkering with themes.

#143 Pow_2k

Pow_2k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 02:34 PM

Is it expected that I should be seeing SuperSU alert that the Settings app is requesting root access?  Have never seen this happen on any other ROM, so I haven't granted it.

#144 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 64GB, RAZR HD Maxx

Posted 11 August 2015 - 09:42 PM

Is it expected that I should be seeing SuperSU alert that the Settings app is requesting root access? Have never seen this happen on any other ROM, so I haven't granted it.

Yes that's normal

#145 motoxt926

motoxt926

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Current Device(s):xt926

Posted 12 August 2015 - 04:26 AM

Jl, would DU have a patch for stage fright or is that something Android and Motorola have to fix?

#146 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:27 AM

Jl, would DU have a patch for stage fright or is that something Android and Motorola have to fix?

It is patched on DU...9.6 is coming today or tomorrow. :)
  • motoxt926 likes this

#147 Pow_2k

Pow_2k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 12:46 PM

Yes that's normal

While I thank you for the confirmation, I'm curious to know why it is triggering the request for root access?  Like I said this is the first ROM I've seen this occur.  My hunch is that with some of the mods you have in the settings they go beyond what is normally required for the settings app access and thus the request for root.  Am I correct in that?  Before I grant "don't pester me anymore" authority to the settings app I'd like to understand why it is needed in this ROM.

#148 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:47 PM

While I thank you for the confirmation, I'm curious to know why it is triggering the request for root access? Like I said this is the first ROM I've seen this occur. My hunch is that with some of the mods you have in the settings they go beyond what is normally required for the settings app access and thus the request for root. Am I correct in that? Before I grant "don't pester me anymore" authority to the settings app I'd like to understand why it is needed in this ROM.

The SELinux switch requests root...it will not do anything until you manual change it but that's the way it is coded to survive reboots if it is set to permissive. The ad blocker also requests root and the up coming system app remover (pats self on back) will too.
  • Pow_2k likes this

#149 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:03 PM

BTW, I've looked into the daydream issue...I can definitely reproduce it. It only happens on the caf devices, my nexus doesn't do it. It's going to take some time to track it down but I'll keep looking for whatever is missing. :)
  • Pow_2k likes this

#150 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 13 August 2015 - 03:23 PM

Update is live...for the 926. LOL! ;)

I have added UNOFFICIAL xt907 and xt925 builds.

Changelog is in Settings>About phone.

Updated the Slim Zero gapps as well. :D

846.51KB   7 downloads

• Joseberga, beckenbauer, Pow_2k and 1 other like this

#151 dts2

dts2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Current Device(s):Moto Razr MAXX HD

Posted 13 August 2015 - 03:26 PM

xt926 looks new as well. thanks!

update: very smooth and working well. 

• jl90 likes this

#152 Pow_2k

Pow_2k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 12:48 PM

Ooooh, downloading via the updater now!

On 9.5 (the first DU I tried) I started getting some hit n miss problems with sending and receiving MMS.  More "miss" once the problem first reared it's head.  I'd get the notice to download a message but I couldn't retrieve it, likewise a sent message would just sit as sending.  Quick jumped back to AOSP and things seemed fine.  I know there was a bug in the stock Moto KK ROM that MMS wouldn't play well if WiFi was active and connected.  Not sure if this is related, but even if I disabled WiFi (the old fix) I still couldn't get MMS in or out.  Beyond flipping ROMs to test I'm not sure what other research I could do into this.  I am running AFWall+ but haven't seen anything trapped in the log that would seem related to MMS.  Thoughts on how to investigate?  I don't expect much help from Verizon (using their network) or PagePlus (using them as my MVNO).

Since I got to use the downloader for the first time today, I wanted to offer up some thoughts I had for enhancements:

• Allow selection of target folder in the settings. "Download" default works fine but I keep my ROMs on my SD card.  Others may like to keep them elsewhere.
  • Include an MD5 checksum to be downloaded alongside the ROM.
  • Allow automatic download if an official update found. (Since it's your team's bandwidth you may wish to pass on this one...)  W/option for "WiFi download only", or alternately "Allow download on cellular data network".  I assume there is a notification that occurs when a new download is available, likewise include a notice if an auto download has occurred.
  • Setting to only keep X versions saved in target download folder. (May not be needed if no auto download)

Otherwise, the downloader works fine.  Just thoughts if you guys wanted to fancy it up a bit.  Thanks!

#153 motoxt926

motoxt926

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 02:56 PM

JL! 9.6 is awesome!!!! Extra features are nice but 9.5 started lagging. 9.6 is butter smooth! Great job!

#154 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 14 August 2015 - 06:43 PM

JL! 9.6 is awesome!!!! Extra features are nice but 9.5 started lagging. 9.6 is butter smooth! Great job!

Thank you!

#155 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 14 August 2015 - 06:47 PM

Ooooh, downloading via the updater now!

On 9.5 (the first DU I tried) I started getting some hit n miss problems with sending and receiving MMS. More "miss" once the problem first reared it's head. I'd get the notice to download a message but I couldn't retrieve it, likewise a sent message would just sit as sending. Quick jumped back to AOSP and things seemed fine. I know there was a bug in the stock Moto KK ROM that MMS wouldn't play well if WiFi was active and connected. Not sure if this is related, but even if I disabled WiFi (the old fix) I still couldn't get MMS in or out. Beyond flipping ROMs to test I'm not sure what other research I could do into this. I am running AFWall+ but haven't seen anything trapped in the log that would seem related to MMS. Thoughts on how to investigate? I don't expect much help from Verizon (using their network) or PagePlus (using them as my MVNO).

Since I got to use the downloader for the first time today, I wanted to offer up some thoughts I had for enhancements:

• Allow selection of target folder in the settings. "Download" default works fine but I keep my ROMs on my SD card. Others may like to keep them elsewhere.
  • Include an MD5 checksum to be downloaded alongside the ROM.
  • Allow automatic download if an official update found. (Since it's your team's bandwidth you may wish to pass on this one...) W/option for "WiFi download only", or alternately "Allow download on cellular data network". I assume there is a notification that occurs when a new download is available, likewise include a notice if an auto download has occurred.
  • Setting to only keep X versions saved in target download folder. (May not be needed if no auto download)
Otherwise, the downloader works fine. Just thoughts if you guys wanted to fancy it up a bit. Thanks!
As far as MMS goes we did merge a commit to the caf branch for MMS on Verizon specifically. I never had any issues personally, but I don't have a Sim card for the HD anymore so I can't test that particular issue. I will pass on the suggestions about the updater to the rest of the gang but tbh, even though it is simplistic, sometimes keeping things simple minimizes issues.

Thanks, as always, for the feedback. :)

#156 dedik46

dedik46

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 06:59 AM

9.6 is awesome....

Attached Files

• jl90 likes this

#157 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 15 August 2015 - 07:07 AM

Looks great. Nice setup.

• jl90 likes this

#158 motoxt926

motoxt926

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 12:03 PM

9.6 is awesome....

What's that clock widget? Set up looks really cool

#159 motoxt926

motoxt926

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 12:05 PM

Anyone having issues waking up phone sometimes? Letting settle in another day before I reflash but I've had to do two hard reboots. This morning my notification light was flashing but screen wouldn't turn on.

#160 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 15 August 2015 - 02:30 PM

What's that clock widget? Set up looks really cool

Looks like the droid turbo circle widget, good trick to get it to work right on a 926.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users