230 replies to this topic

#161 motoxt926

motoxt926

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Current Device(s):xt926

Posted 15 August 2015 - 02:43 PM

Looks like the droid turbo circle widget, good trick to get it to work right on a 926.

I think once upon a time my 926 came with one similar lol

#162 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 64GB, RAZR HD Maxx

Posted 15 August 2015 - 11:29 PM

Anyone having issues waking up phone sometimes? Letting settle in another day before I reflash but I've had to do two hard reboots. This morning my notification light was flashing but screen wouldn't turn on.

I haven't had any wake up issues. :/
  • motoxt926 likes this

#163 motoxt926

motoxt926

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 04:47 AM

I still have to say one of my favorite feature is the task manager in the notification screen. Loved it on your builds of E*****. Not sure why they never put it in the official builds.

#164 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 16 August 2015 - 07:48 AM

I still have to say one of my favorite feature is the task manager in the notification screen. Loved it on your builds of E*****. Not sure why they never put it in the official builds.

Because, the "lead developer" thought it was "dumb". SMFH. #GladToBeDoneWithAllThatCrap
  • motoxt926 likes this

#165 Pow_2k

Pow_2k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT926M

Posted 17 August 2015 - 03:44 PM

As far as MMS goes we did merge a commit to the caf branch for MMS on Verizon specifically. I never had any issues personally, but I don't have a Sim card for the HD anymore so I can't test that particular issue.

Any thoughts on what I could do to further dig into the issue?  I will note that I'm running AFWall+ on my device, may try disabling that the next time I see the problem.  Wouldn't think it would impact MMS, but it could make sense.  Incoming messages provide met he notice which if memory serves comes across as SMS, I think with a link to get the sent data via an included URL.  Still, had worked on AOSP with AFWall+ installed...

#166 reuelkeiser

reuelkeiser

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Turbo Ballistic Nylon

Posted 18 August 2015 - 08:06 AM

having trouble decompressing the file for xt926 official....can anybody help with the dilema?

#167 Pow_2k

Pow_2k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:27 AM

having trouble decompressing the file for xt926 official....can anybody help with the dilema?

Decompressing... while installing via recovery software?  I believe that would be the recommended (and only?) method for install, just keep the ZIP as is and have your custom recovery (TWRP, etc.) install it from there.  Is that what you are doing?  What recovery and version are you using?  Are you able to able to get a log from it?

Separately, bringing back up the MMS issue I reported earlier, today I tried it with WiFi off, AFWall+ disabled, and a confirmed cellular data connection.  Even did a full power off and reboot.  Still couldn't get a pic to send.  Only other options I can think to try would be doing a factory wipe and to try again, or to once ore try another ROM and see if it will work there.  I did notice that in the Access Point Name settings they can be edited, including a setting I don't recall seeing previously... "MVNO type".  I'm using VZW network via the Page Plus Cellular MVNO, so I'm not sure if maybe this is something to look at.  Data (web surfing, etc.) otherwise works fine, it is only an MMS issue that I've seen.  Only plan to be with PPC for another week so maybe later things will change on my next MVNO, but I'd still like to see if we can get this figured out as it could be useful to others.

#168 reuelkeiser

reuelkeiser

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:50 AM

How about flashing it via PC? I was looking it up and had a hard time finding what I needed. I downloaded newer version of RSD lite but didn't help much. Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

#169 Bratster2

Bratster2

IDK what I am

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL on Google Fi

Posted 18 August 2015 - 12:08 PM

How about flashing it via PC? I was looking it up and had a hard time finding what I needed. I downloaded newer version of RSD lite but didn't help much. Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

In general ROMs are flashed through the recovery on the phone.

Download zip. Boot to recovery and flash. No unpacking/extracting needed.

I don't know if you can do it from a PC but it is not the usual way for sure.

Rsdlite is mainly used for flashing the system images released (if we're lucky) by the manufacturer.

Also, you do have a xt926 RAZR HD/maxx right? Your signature is for a different phone.
And its unlocked with custom recovery?

#170 reuelkeiser

reuelkeiser

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 12:15 PM

Yes I have a razr hd that I'm trying to get going again and indeed is unlocked and custom recovery. The phone doesn't have an OS due to accidental wipe of it and no back up was done. Hence why I'm trying to go another route with flashing the ROM.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

#171 motoxt926

motoxt926

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 12:52 PM

so.... no more 926... got the trubo as a replacement xt1254.... no clue if its rootable of if there is a DU for it. the new update reviews have been scary! im not sure if this has 4.4 or 5.1 but fingers crossed its 4.4 and rootable! JL loved the roms! made my phone new and fresh. thanks for all the time and effort you put into your work. Wish they had a replacment 926 that didnt have the latest update!

• jl90 likes this

#172 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:45 PM

Yes I have a razr hd that I'm trying to get going again and indeed is unlocked and custom recovery. The phone doesn't have an OS due to accidental wipe of it and no back up was done. Hence why I'm trying to go another route with flashing the ROM.

You're going to have to install the factory firmware via rsd lite or House of Moto

#173 Pow_2k

Pow_2k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 05:51 PM

You're going to have to install the factory firmware via rsd lite or House of Moto

I concur, although if you're an advanced user you can figure out how to modify the flash process to only include through the recovery partition, and at the same time flash a modified (TWRP, etc.) recovery.  Then you could boot to the recovery and use it to flash the DU ROM off of a MicroSD card.  Will save you a little bit of time if you're up for that... but I'm guessing you should just do the full stock HoM/RSDLite flash, flash custom recovery, then flash DU via that recovery.

#174 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 19 August 2015 - 08:30 AM

I concur, although if you're an advanced user you can figure out how to modify the flash process to only include through the recovery partition, and at the same time flash a modified (TWRP, etc.) recovery. Then you could boot to the recovery and use it to flash the DU ROM off of a MicroSD card. Will save you a little bit of time if you're up for that... but I'm guessing you should just do the full stock HoM/RSDLite flash, flash custom recovery, then flash DU via that recovery.

Yeah, I'm a big proponent of taking advantage of the tools available to us. The other advantages of going through the full process is that it ensures a completely fresh start and the fact that the stock OS will be available to backup. Safety nets are good. LOL
  • spainter likes this

#175 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 19 August 2015 - 08:37 AM

so.... no more 926... got the trubo as a replacement xt1254.... no clue if its rootable of if there is a DU for it. the new update reviews have been scary! im not sure if this has 4.4 or 5.1 but fingers crossed its 4.4 and rootable! JL loved the roms! made my phone new and fresh. thanks for all the time and effort you put into your work. Wish they had a replacment 926 that didnt have the latest update!

Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad you enjoyed the ROM. Unfortunately for you the turbo is locked down tighter than Ft. Knox and I kind of doubt that is going to change. There is a "root" method available but it is a half @$$ method at best and last I looked cost $$$ so that sucks.

I'd sell the Turbo and get a Nexus 6 off of Swappa personally. The Turbo is a great phone (wife has one) but custom ROMs and mods etc are probably wishful thinking. Good luck man and thanks again! :D

#176 Pow_2k

Pow_2k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:00 PM

Well, did some testing tonight. Wiped and installed NoBe's AOD (or whatever it is called) and no probs with mms. Wiped and installed DL's DU (same one I installed earlier) and no probs with mms. Restored my DU backup (yay, I love backups!!!) and back to having probs. So it looks like I've got to figure out what the heck it is I'm breaking. Prob something I'm restoring via TiBu... Edit to add, suggestions appreciated. Obviously I would start by one-off restoring system settings or anything to do with sms/mms, but anything that would save me time would be appreciated.

#177 Pow_2k

Pow_2k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 07:35 AM

BTW, I've looked into the daydream issue...I can definitely reproduce it. It only happens on the caf devices, my nexus doesn't do it. It's going to take some time to track it down but I'll keep looking for whatever is missing. :)

Just realized this could be a bigger problem and I suspect may be a FC issue.  While my phone is docked (haven't tested other "daydream" triggers yet) and I receive a call a couple different things can happen.

• If the phone leaves daydream to show the notice of an incoming call I'm able to unlock the phone but then am greeted with the message that "unfortunately Dialer has stopped."  Until the point of me acknowledging the "dialer stopped" message the incoming call (from the caller's perspective) acts as though it is still waiting for me to answer.  At time of ACK'ing the message they get booted to voicemail.
  • The phone may leave daydream and go right to a black screen.  Attempts to wake it to answer the call (touching the screen, pressing side buttons) boot the call to voicemail.  Don't know if this is a FC or not of the dialer as I never get to see what goes on.

Not sure if either is a possible issue due to use of themes and being in a landscape mode so I'll be trying to do more testing.  If I have the phone out of the dock but via the settings activate daydream via "start now" and then receive a call, things seem to act fine.  From daydream the phone goes right to the lockscreen answer mode.  Power button silences the ring and darkens the screen without disconnecting (boot to VM) the call and I can press the button again to bring the screen back up and still answer.

Don't know if any of this helps to get closer to a solution on the earlier reported daydream problem.  I'll see what other testing I can do that might help to narrow things down a bit.  If there is anything I could try to gather (a log of some sort maybe?) that would help please point me in the right direction.

Side note, I went and looked up what you meant by "caf devices".  Interesting, it was something I hadn't known about before.  Learn something new every day...

#178 motoxt926

motoxt926

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:12 AM

Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad you enjoyed the ROM. Unfortunately for you the turbo is locked down tighter than Ft. Knox and I kind of doubt that is going to change. There is a "root" method available but it is a half @$$ method at best and last I looked cost $$$ so that sucks.

I'd sell the Turbo and get a Nexus 6 off of Swappa personally. The Turbo is a great phone (wife has one) but custom ROMs and mods etc are probably wishful thinking. Good luck man and thanks again! :D

Found the root method it's 20$... I'm hoping the replacement for my replacement (first one had a speaker problem) has 4.4 so I can root. No custom roms but at least I can restore my titanium app data. As for the nexus 6, I'm holding off to see what the other nexus devices are b4 I jump. This was a way to get a decent device cheap without having to sign a contract. I'm going to hold off until the next best thing comes out and make a decision.

• jl90 likes this

#179 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:08 PM

Just realized this could be a bigger problem and I suspect may be a FC issue. While my phone is docked (haven't tested other "daydream" triggers yet) and I receive a call a couple different things can happen.

• If the phone leaves daydream to show the notice of an incoming call I'm able to unlock the phone but then am greeted with the message that "unfortunately Dialer has stopped." Until the point of me acknowledging the "dialer stopped" message the incoming call (from the caller's perspective) acts as though it is still waiting for me to answer. At time of ACK'ing the message they get booted to voicemail.
  • The phone may leave daydream and go right to a black screen. Attempts to wake it to answer the call (touching the screen, pressing side buttons) boot the call to voicemail. Don't know if this is a FC or not of the dialer as I never get to see what goes on.
Not sure if either is a possible issue due to use of themes and being in a landscape mode so I'll be trying to do more testing. If I have the phone out of the dock but via the settings activate daydream via "start now" and then receive a call, things seem to act fine. From daydream the phone goes right to the lockscreen answer mode. Power button silences the ring and darkens the screen without disconnecting (boot to VM) the call and I can press the button again to bring the screen back up and still answer.

Don't know if any of this helps to get closer to a solution on the earlier reported daydream problem. I'll see what other testing I can do that might help to narrow things down a bit. If there is anything I could try to gather (a log of some sort maybe?) that would help please point me in the right direction.

Side note, I went and looked up what you meant by "caf devices". Interesting, it was something I hadn't known about before. Learn something new every day...

If you can replicate the issue and get a logcat while it's happening that would be very helpful. :)
  • Pow_2k likes this

#180 motoxt926

motoxt926

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 07:16 AM

Smh... I'm so jealous of all of you lol... Okay does anyone know a way to restore titanium backups on a phone without root access? Apparently some people with the turbo had issues when they rooted then took the 5.1 update... If I have to stay manufacturer os until I get a new toy, that's fine but I need my app data! I could go online get cheap rooted phone and restore apps then backup with an app that doesn't require root and restore it to this... But with all these little purchases, I'm spending more than I should on a phone I can't play with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users