25 replies to this topic

#21 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:08 PM

I just finished an extremely comprehensive test of all the radios (3g, 4g, wifi) across ask the builds including some ROMs. Still working on the writeup but one thing i noticed that kind of surprised me is that the major change was connectivity and stepping between radios and not so much speed.

Maybe I was expecting too much :P

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

:-D :-D

#22 Emanm

Emanm

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:03 AM

I live in the columbus , ohio market in the northwest edge of the 4g coverage. The 4g coverage has been spotty where I live until the last couple of weeks then I have had NO 4g here. I upgraded to .173 and then .174 with no noticable difference. I was going to call Verizon,but I had to go into Columbus and after running 4g while I was there my phone 3g/4g reception has been amazing! I get a solid 4g at my house, and i get a solid FAST 3g at work even inside a concrete locker room. It was like the phone learned how to receive once it had been in a good reception. This has been my only complaint with this phone is the data connection with both 3g and 4g. I hope it stays like this, because then I really am happy with it. Any other ideas?

#23 Greaser

Greaser

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Twitter:@MattScarSr
  • LocationKenosha, WI

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:27 AM

I've been checking my 4g speeds sporadically the past couple of days, and actually have been posting slower speeds than before. When I'm at work I'm running off of Chicago towers and that's my strongest connection and best speeds, I've been consistently slower than before, before I was downloading at 24kbps and uploading at 20kbps, now I'm downloading 16kbps and uploading at 12kbps, but when I'm at home I'm running off of Milwaukee towers and where I live I would always get 3g with bits of 4g, now I'm getting more 4g connection than I did before. I haven't really done any speed tests while in my hometown to see the download and upload rate, but due to the fact I get more 4g I would venture a guess and say its better.

Sent From My Rooted RAZR MAXX 6.12.174

#24 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:08 PM

I will say the .173/ .174 radio is phenomenal compared to .748. I live literally on the edge of a 4g area. With .748 I would sometimes get 4g on the northwest side of my house (if I held my phone by the window, saw a break in the clouds, held an extension cord in the other hand, wore a tinfoil hat and didn't breathe too hard), I could take literally two steps away and only get 3g anywhere else in the house. With the .174 I am running now I have 4g signal everywhere but the east most room of my house :D I also noticed that it connects to 4g very quickly once I leave that east most bedroom, usually takes 5-7 secs to enable 4g. I know they didn't expand our 4g area yet because my wife's Samsung stratosphere still gets no 4g even outside our house. (We have to drive .5 mile to the west before she can get 4g, whereas now I get it in our driveway :D)

Sent from the cutting edge of my RAZR

#25 pm1066

pm1066

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:49 AM

Any observations on the wifi? A number of folks have reported weaker wifi reception after .173.

#26 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:24 AM

Any observations on the wifi? A number of folks have reported weaker wifi reception after .173.

I'm currently back on .748, but I never noticed any issues with weak wifi during my week of using .173. I generally don't check my dB ratings though, so it could have been. I can say however that it never cut out at work, and the wifi signal here has always been weak in half the areas I use my phone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users