27 replies to this topic

#1 Ziltoid

Ziltoid

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 01:43 PM

Device is on KKBL, with TWRP recovery. I've had the recovery installed for months no issues.

Two days ago I installed CM 11 (6/19 Unofficial build), and it was working fine. I rebooted several times over the past two days and it would always start up no problem.

Today I was going to install the latest DU rom, but when I went into recovery, it rebooted on it's own before getting past the splash screen. Then I tried booting back into android, but it rebooted before getting past the Motorola logo. These issues are persistent, I've tried rebooting several times for each of them.

I am able to get into fastboot(which says the battery is OK btw), so I tried flashing TWRP again, but same issues.

Any advice?

#2 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 17 July 2015 - 02:05 PM

Device is on KKBL, with TWRP recovery. I've had the recovery installed for months no issues.

Two days ago I installed CM 11 (6/19 Unofficial build), and it was working fine. I rebooted several times over the past two days and it would always start up no problem.

Today I was going to install the latest DU rom, but when I went into recovery, it rebooted on it's own before getting past the splash screen. Then I tried booting back into android, but it rebooted before getting past the Motorola logo. These issues are persistent, I've tried rebooting several times for each of them.

I am able to get into fastboot(which says the battery is OK btw), so I tried flashing TWRP again, but same issues.

Any advice?

We have been seeing quite a bit of this as this phone gets older, where the nand memory goes bad.  Before we give it the last rights I would suggest trying to flash back completely stock with house of moto.  You are unlocked so I would flash the latest build 183.xx.15.1 complete flash to nuke and repave it. just follow the instructions in the house of moto thread to the letter.  Let me know how you come out.

#3 Ziltoid

Ziltoid

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 03:12 PM

We have been seeing quite a bit of this as this phone gets older, where the nand memory goes bad.  Before we give it the last rights I would suggest trying to flash back completely stock with house of moto.  You are unlocked so I would flash the latest build 183.xx.15.1 complete flash to nuke and repave it. just follow the instructions in the house of moto thread to the letter.  Let me know how you come out.

After flashing VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-10.1_CFC_1FF.xml.zip (I already had it downloaded) and the recovery again using House of Moto I'm able to get into recovery fine, but I couldn't mount anything: data, cache, system, etc(I was eager to wipe and flash DU). I tried rebooting normally(to android) and fastboot comes up saying: Fastboot Reason: Flash Failure. Luckily it's not bricked.

I'm downloading VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_CFC_1FF.xml.zip and am gonna try flashing just that(no TWRP), and see what happens.

Does this sound like a nand memory failure? :( I'm gonna miss this phone if so.

Edit:
It worked! I was able to boot after flashing 15.1, then installed TWRP, and now I have flashed DU :D

#4 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 17 July 2015 - 03:36 PM

It is really to soon to tell.  Not being able to mount partitions isn't a good sign but it hasn't died completely. The sticky fastboot error can be fixed with a command at fastboot.  It is listed in the instructions and in several posts.  In the posts however it includes commands to erase user data. You don't need to erase user data to clear the error.  I believe it is the first two commands, 1.fastboot oem fb_mode_set  2.fastboot oem fb_mode_clear 3.Fastboot reboot

#5 reuelkeiser

reuelkeiser

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Turbo Ballistic Nylon

Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:07 PM

i tried all of the above you have mentioned and tried flashing the fxz via rsd lite and it fails as soon as i hit start. my razr hd has no OS due to accidental wipe of it with no restore it is unlocked bl. is there another way to flash the OS?

#6 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:26 PM

What was the error? I take it you can get into fastboot?

#7 reuelkeiser

reuelkeiser

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:27 PM

I was able to get I to fast boot and the error was ; failed flashing process. 1/17 flash partition "got.bin" phone returned fail. Bad download maybe of the fxz? Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

#8 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:34 PM

there are two ways to go from here. 1st set up house of moto 4.3 and follow the instructions to the letter with a fresh download of the .15 fxz. Or flash via command line in fastboot.  How was the partitions wiped, twrp or formatted?

#9 reuelkeiser

reuelkeiser

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:35 PM

It was wiped via twrp but I can't seem to get it back into recovery.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

#10 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:40 PM

It must have wiped system, data and recovery. Setting up house of moto will be the easiest.  Flashing from the command line is teadious ans syntax has to be dead on.

#11 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:41 PM

you will have to flash everything, full flash with the latest build for the 926.

#12 reuelkeiser

reuelkeiser

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:42 PM

Ok. Working on downloading latest build as we speak. Is there root access for the latest build? Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

#13 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 18 August 2015 - 05:00 PM

You can always root when your unlocked. in fact twrp will do it for you.

#14 reuelkeiser

reuelkeiser

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 05:07 PM

What do I do after I ran house of moto and the fxz? Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

#15 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 18 August 2015 - 05:33 PM

If you read the instructions you should be about done. Did the phone boot?  HOM could have flashed twrp for you then twrp would have rooted the phone and all you would have to do was download supersu from the play store and let it upgrade the binaries. Reload your apps either from a backup or fresh download and you should be good.

#16 reuelkeiser

reuelkeiser

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 05:34 PM

It didn't reboot just stayed in ap fastboot mode. Will the battery being low make it fail? Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

#17 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 18 August 2015 - 05:37 PM

It didn't reboot just stayed in ap fastboot mode. Will the battery being low make it fail? Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

yes and also flashing with a low battery is a good way to perma brick a phone. try rebooting and see if it will boot.

#18 reuelkeiser

reuelkeiser

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 05:41 PM

It rebooted and flashed the Motorola logo and went black. The battery charging icon comes up and its at 56% too low? Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

#19 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 18 August 2015 - 05:47 PM

Try plugging it in to a charger for a while. 

#20 reuelkeiser

reuelkeiser

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 05:47 PM

I have plugged in to the wall right now.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TWRP, KKBL, Wont Boot, Help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users