857 replies to this topic

#81 sagrero88luis

sagrero88luis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

Bytecode
Have this ROM and am testing it out so far so good. First of all love the lock screen. We're on jb leak shouldn't have a ICS lock screen. That brings me to some questions and I think you are the one to ask. How can we get a ROM where we can change the carrier name so we don't see Verizon Wireless? Second is there a way to have a different wallpaper for the lock screen and the main wallpaper? That's what I love about AOSP&AOKP ROMs when I was on ICS kernel. If anyone has any ideas please fill me in.

#82 sagrero88luis

sagrero88luis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

How has everybody been doing their updates? Wiping everything? I know I know no wipes no gripes. Just curious

#83 neckchop

neckchop

pluh!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Locationatlantic City
  • Current Device(s):razr HD, razr m, note 10.1

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

Normally I like to wipe clean and start fresh, without restoring app data or anything to avoid trouble issues. This time I dirty flashed the update right over 1.0 only wiping cache and dalvik. So far all is smooth sailing.

#84 cvhovey

cvhovey

Post Traumatic nOOb Disorder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Moto X Dev Ed, Moto X Retail, Nexus 7, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid X, OG Droid

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

Normally I like to wipe clean and start fresh, without restoring app data or anything to avoid trouble issues. This time I dirty flashed the update right over 1.0 only wiping cache and dalvik. So far all is smooth sailing.

That's how I kick-started my Calendar sync ... tried dirty flashing over 1.0 with cache / dalvik wipe. Now I'm good to go.
  • neckchop and BytecodeMe like this

Droid Razr M XT907 B/L Unlocked - Stock Rooted

#85 reigndropz

reigndropz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Appreciate the help, but you can't install from the Play Store if none of your Google apps are working. Still stuck.

#86 sagrero88luis

sagrero88luis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

Cool thanks. Yeah did an aviator update did a new ROM slot wiped all flashed ROM did set up then was able to restore my apps from my backups didn't know if that was the same case here or not. Just wish a developer would help me out by answering my first question. Lol.

#87 imhowie

imhowie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

Bytecode
Have this ROM and am testing it out so far so good. First of all love the lock screen. We're on jb leak shouldn't have a ICS lock screen. That brings me to some questions and I think you are the one to ask. How can we get a ROM where we can change the carrier name so we don't see Verizon Wireless? Second is there a way to have a different wallpaper for the lock screen and the main wallpaper? That's what I love about AOSP&AOKP ROMs when I was on ICS kernel. If anyone has any ideas please fill me in.

I'm not a developer, but I have flashed just about every blur ROM on this site in the last few months and I have never seen those features on a blur ROM.

#88 sagrero88luis

sagrero88luis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

I'm not a developer, but I have flashed just about every blur ROM on this site in the last few months and I have never seen those features on a blur ROM.

Well this ROM has aosp lockscreen so there's hope!! I just hope to see those features soon. I know that aviator, fat free, rage, and jelly haters have the name of their ROMs as carrier name, I just love to have my own is all.

#89 sagrero88luis

sagrero88luis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

Okay one more question....(hey I'm at work and bored lol.) Google will not update how do I update the Google search it will download just crashes and gives me an error message.

#90 jagman

jagman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

I don't use HDMI, but it's blur based so I assume it works.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Cool. Thanks!

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

#91 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts
  • Twitter:@BytecodeMe
  • LocationSan Diego, California
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 4, Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

Okay one more question....(hey I'm at work and bored lol.) Google will not update how do I update the Google search it will download just crashes and gives me an error message.

I don't remember signing Gnow, but I guess I did.

Delete Velvet.apk from /system/app

Reinstall Gnow from Store

I'll make sure that's fixed in next release.

Edit: I'll also look through the Calendar Sync issue and in a few releases look at fixing the Setup issue all together lol

byte3plusrainbowsmallllllllller.png

#92 sagrero88luis

sagrero88luis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

Awesome man. Thanks look fwd to those aosp apps.

#93 dave5777

dave5777

Crack Flashing MOFO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationCali
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX, NEXUS 7 32gb

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

Thanks for feeding my Android addiction :blink:

#94 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

If any of you are wondering where my Paypal is, gimme a few days. I have to sort that out lol

#95 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

If any of you are wondering where my Paypal is, gimme a few days. I have to sort that out lol

Didn't we both agree that I'm going to let you borrow mine until yours gets sorted out :)

#96 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

Didn't we both agree that I'm going to let you borrow mine until yours gets sorted out :)

You wish :P

#97 andrep182

andrep182

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

Hey Byte, nice seeing you back in the game finally! I missed you work since the good ol' ICS days. Anyway, just wondering if it is possible to help a fella out and make a zip to remove the notification toggles? I grew fond of the power toggles nowadays and would like to use that instead. If not, it's no biggie. THanks in advanced! :D

#98 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

Hey Byte, nice seeing you back in the game finally! I missed you work since the good ol' ICS days. Anyway, just wondering if it is possible to help a fella out and make a zip to remove the notification toggles? I grew fond of the power toggles nowadays and would like to use that instead. If not, it's no biggie. THanks in advanced! :D

Since I'm going to be updating very frequently for a while I won't be making many flashables. Expect flashables like that in 2-4 weeks.
  • andrep182 likes this

#99 andrep182

andrep182

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

Since I'm going to be updating very frequently for a while I won't be making many flashables. Expect flashables like that in 2-4 weeks.

Don't worry about it then, thanks anyway!

#100 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:47 AM

So know bugs are:

Calendar sync

Gnow won't update

Setup is semi-borked

That's it right? Battery life doesn't suck on this ROM, I'll post my battery stats end of today.

Anybody got recommendations? Things they don't like? FEEDBACK PLIXY PLOX

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Droid Razr, Cyclone, Flick, Bytecode, CDMA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users