#123 obeygiant

obeygiant

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 79 posts
  • Twitter:obey22giant
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/109248393171126077439/about

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:41 AM

Here is a link to the 1.7 Utility for Linux. It has the same options as Matts 1.7 utility. It MAY work for Mac, but if you have less than 4Gb of RAM, it will process so slowly that it will drain your battery before it finishes. Please reread that Mac users! Same as Matts instructions, get the ota on your sd card first !!

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#124 jaba

jaba

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:07 AM

Here is a link to the 1.7 Utility for Linux. It has the same options as Matts 1.7 utility. It MAY work for Mac, but if you have less than 4Gb of RAM, it will process so slowly that it will drain your battery before it finishes. Please reread that Mac users! Same as Matts instructions, get the ota on your sd card first !!

This link is down.

#125 xxgamergirlxx

xxgamergirlxx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:12 AM

works for me

#126 nothing0

nothing0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:29 PM

works for me

working on the mac?

#127 Dave0373

Dave0373

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:32 PM

Can you confirm this works on Ubuntu?

#128 Dave0373

Dave0373

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:09 PM

I'm getting the following error

./files/fastboot.linux: 3: ./files/fastboot.linux: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
./files/fastboot.linux: 3: ./files/fastboot.linux: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
Press Enter When The Screen Comes Back On
Wait For It.............................

Ok, I changed the fastboot file name, now all I get is waiting on device and nothing happens

#129 xxgamergirlxx

xxgamergirlxx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:40 PM

I found a problem in the programming for flashing the kernels

it says

and errors out so i changed it to

im not trying to say nething but alot of the options arnt working....

#130 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 244 posts
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/104359749772570760296
  • LocationSolana Beach, CA (i.e., San Diego)

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:23 PM

I'll look at it tonight and make the changes needed so it will run smoothly for Mac, as well as some instructions on what terminal commands to use initially, as that seems to be a recurring theme. The big diff from Linux is usually the fastboot file - the Mac typically is 64 rather than 32.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
If you PM me here, I'll get it eventually, but I'm constantly on the move. If you need to reach me more quickly, email me at stealthmouse@gmail.com and add DroidRZR PERSONAL MESSAGE to subject line. Thanks!

#131 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 244 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:25 PM

And by "changes," I mean taking everyone else's hard work and making a Mac version out of it - not changing the Linux utility itself!

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
If you PM me here, I'll get it eventually, but I'm constantly on the move. If you need to reach me more quickly, email me at stealthmouse@gmail.com and add DroidRZR PERSONAL MESSAGE to subject line. Thanks!

#132 nothing0

nothing0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:17 PM

Awesome. Thanks.

#133 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 244 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:27 AM

All right, my last night plan didn't work quite as I expected, but pretty sure I've got it set for Mac (basically a couple replacements, rest could be left as-is due to Matt and obeygiant using such clean coding). Have to run to lunch, I'll run it through the paces this afternoon to make sure it doesn't have any glaring problems (cuz that would make me feel, and look, dumb, especially after saying it would work).

#134 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 244 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:23 PM

Okay, kids, it's live and worldwide...I had this done at 5:00 this morning, but little did I know that file hosting was the big deal everyone said it was. Ugh.

STANDARD DISCLAIMER: If you brick, your spouse leaves you, or you're attacked by a pack of rabid dogs, this program has no causal relationship whatsoever (even if your spouse is the one throwing your phone at you). NOTHING is the fault of this program, even if it's a complete cluster. Anything that goes wrong is your own fault. Okay. And if you have problems, probably posting in the help thread that Matt set up will help. If you have some sort of command error that's more Mac related, post there or here.

I have personally confirmed on my own XT912 (i.e., Verizon Droid RAZR, CDMA) that Menu items 1,2,3,5 and 6 all work on Mac OS X - use the other Linux version if you are running that, as some Linux files are not on this version. Menu items 7 and 8, by virtue of being img flashes from Fastboot, and basically a smaller version of 1 and/or 2, should work fine, but I didn't test them. You're on your own if you use 4 - I've never had a problem installing Bootstrap, but I did nothing with that item. You can always install from the store if you really want Bootstrap, and do it that way.

If something doesn't work, the most likely problem is either: 1. You didn't do a data wipe / factory reset, or 2. You are not correctly set up in Fastboot, or your USB connection is mass storage (it should be MTP), or you don't have USB debugging and program sideloading (non-market apps) selected on your device. In my experience, most flashes of entire ROMs don't work without a full wipe. Especially ones like this that are between GB and ICS.

Menu is the same as the Windows utility, except there is no 4.0.3 root - once you are at .211, you have 4.0.4, so you don't need a 4.0.3 root at that point. The exploit should work on 4.0.3 and on GSM phones as well, but has NOT been tested by me to work on either.

Menu:

1. Prepare for Side-Load of ICS 6.16.211 on any Gingerbread Version
2. Unstuck from ICS leak 6.14.84+ to ICS 6.16.211 :OR:Unbrick ICS

3. Ice Cream Sandwich Root 4.0.4

4. Install Bootstrap Recovery App {ICS Version}

5. Install Voodoo's OTA RootKeeper App"
6. Install Safestrap Recovery App {ICS Version}"
7. Flash 6.14.85 boot.img
8. Flash 6.16.211 boot.img

Changelog (this is a "pulled from memory" changelog - sorry):

- Updated Mac ADB and Fastboot files - in the case of ADB, it's changed slightly in SDK, while Fastboot was really the same file with a newer date.
- Added debugfs and rooter for the ICS 4.0.4 root exploit for Mac by miloj and buddyrich at XDA.
- Removed some older linux/Mac Fastboot and ADB files. These will need to be swapped out if you are on a 32-bit Mac.
- Some minor reference clean-up to commands to ensure they are Mac compatible.

If you know what you're doing, run with it. If not, I'll post the Mac step-by-step instructions later tonight.
  • Goodasiansir likes this

#135 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 244 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:38 PM

IMPORTANT!!!

This is a direct copy and paste from Matt's OP for the Windows PC version, read it BEFORE you do anything with the Mac utility - you need to download the Blur file for .211 (labeled .181 per standard MOT protocol) and put it on your external SD root):

I do not want anyone stuck with this. Please please please, put the 6.16.211 update zip on your external SD card before doing ANYTHING!

If you do an option and end up in a semi-bricked state awaiting install and you don't have the update on your external SD card you aren't gonna have a good time.

It will NOT magically appear there by itself.

Droid Razr Utility 1.7
I mean for this utility to be used by those who are on Gingerbread and want to go to Ice Cream Sandwich (6.16.211), and for those who are on Ice Cream Sandwich and want an easier unbricking tool and rooting tool that includes ICS versions of Bootstrap, Safestrap, and the beloved OTA Rootkeeper by Voodoo.

Functions of 1.7:
Posted Image
1. Self explanatory, hopefully. Fail-proof. (Just need you to put 6.16.211 update on your SD card!)
2. Implementation of my Unstuck Utilities into one simple function.
3. Dan Rosenberg's new ICS 4.0.4 Root method.
4. My implementations of TPSparky's 4.0.3 root method. You can use option 8 to use this root method, and option 9 after (if you choose).
5. Self explanatory.
6. Self explanatory.
7. Self explanatory.
8. For use with the 4.0.3 root method (option 4).
9. For use with the 4.0.3 root method (option 4).

Downloads:
  • Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

(md5:
    79A1EE4A992EACD1D08F98DEE5DEEBF7)
If anyone is feeling generous and wants to buy Matt a "beer" then click the link below (you might have to double-click, copy the url, and load it in your browser). Thanks and enjoy the utility!

• Goodasiansir likes this

#136 obeygiant

obeygiant

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 79 posts
  • Twitter:obey22giant
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/109248393171126077439/about

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:44 PM

Okay, kids, it's live and worldwide...I had this done at 5:00 this morning, but little did I know that file hosting was the big deal everyone said it was. Ugh.

STANDARD DISCLAIMER: If you brick, your spouse leaves you, or you're attacked by a pack of rabid dogs, this program has no causal relationship whatsoever (even if your spouse is the one throwing your phone at you). NOTHING is the fault of this program, even if it's a complete cluster. Anything that goes wrong is your own fault. Okay. And if you have problems, probably posting in the help thread that Matt set up will help. If you have some sort of command error that's more Mac related, post there or here.

I have personally confirmed on my own XT912 (i.e., Verizon Droid RAZR, CDMA) that Menu items 1,2,3,5 and 6 all work on Mac OS X - use the other Linux version if you are running that, as some Linux files are not on this version. Menu items 7 and 8, by virtue of being img flashes from Fastboot, and basically a smaller version of 1 and/or 2, should work fine, but I didn't test them. You're on your own if you use 4 - I've never had a problem installing Bootstrap, but I did nothing with that item. You can always install from the store if you really want Bootstrap, and do it that way.

If something doesn't work, the most likely problem is either: 1. You didn't do a data wipe / factory reset, or 2. You are not correctly set up in Fastboot, or your USB connection is mass storage (it should be MTP), or you don't have USB debugging and program sideloading (non-market apps) selected on your device. In my experience, most flashes of entire ROMs don't work without a full wipe. Especially ones like this that are between GB and ICS.

Menu is the same as the Windows utility, except there is no 4.0.3 root - once you are at .211, you have 4.0.4, so you don't need a 4.0.3 root at that point. The exploit should work on 4.0.3 and on GSM phones as well, but has NOT been tested by me to work on either.

Menu:

1. Prepare for Side-Load of ICS 6.16.211 on any Gingerbread Version
2. Unstuck from ICS leak 6.14.84+ to ICS 6.16.211 :OR:Unbrick ICS

3. Ice Cream Sandwich Root 4.0.4

4. Install Bootstrap Recovery App {ICS Version}

5. Install Voodoo's OTA RootKeeper App"
6. Install Safestrap Recovery App {ICS Version}"
7. Flash 6.14.85 boot.img
8. Flash 6.16.211 boot.img

Changelog (this is a "pulled from memory" changelog - sorry):

- Updated Mac ADB and Fastboot files - in the case of ADB, it's changed slightly in SDK, while Fastboot was really the same file with a newer date.
- Added debugfs and rooter for the ICS 4.0.4 root exploit for Mac by miloj and buddyrich at XDA.
- Removed some older linux/Mac Fastboot and ADB files. These will need to be swapped out if you are on a 32-bit Mac.
- Some minor reference clean-up to commands to ensure they are Mac compatible.

If you know what you're doing, run with it. If not, I'll post the Mac step-by-step instructions later tonight.

Wow, kudos! Someone has been busy. Thanks for picking up the Mac slack for me. I only tested once for Mac when I converted Matts utility, and yes it was on a 32 bit Macbook. I hope my coding wasn't too bad, all of my testing was on Ubuntu 64 bit. Again, thanks boss!

#137 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:51 PM

This is fantastic! Great work.

#138 nothing0

nothing0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:13 PM

Maybe a dumb question.. not sure..

How would I go from .75 back to gingerbread OR go from .75 to the current build?

#139 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 244 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:29 PM

You should be able to use Menu choice 1 to go back to .181 stock, then flash the update file to your device from factory recovery. See my next post for more detail, but the first two menu items are to get back to stock .181 so you can flash .211 (called .181). You should not need #2 since .75 is a downgrade-able leak, as is .79. Those on the builds higher than that will have to use #2, as I understand it.

#140 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 244 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:30 PM

obeygiant,

I would never have figured anything out without your prior build of it. Though it's always time consuming, copying and pasting takes a lot less brainwork than actually converting, as you did :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users