desireaftergod

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • LocationNH
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Maxx

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:25 AM

Anybody using any settings (like governor/io..etc to get decent battery life?  Thats my major concern right now, battery life is pretty compared to what I am use to...This rom drops 4 to 5 percent per hour....Just askin :D

Posted Image

#182 jasonjw12

jasonjw12

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Twitter:@jasonjw12
  • Google+:jasonjw12

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:50 AM

Anybody using any settings (like governor/io..etc to get decent battery life?  Thats my major concern right now, battery life is pretty compared to what I am use to...This rom drops 4 to 5 percent per hour....Just askin :D

Keeping in mind that battery life will differ for each person/device, I will say that I was seeing pretty significant battery drain in the first couple of days after installing this ROM. However, after the third day it started to improve and I not get through the day with about 50% remaining.

#183 jld

jld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr HD MAXX

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:51 AM

I'm getting fc in phone so I'm going to have to flash back to stock for now. He's was fine, BT audio wasn't reliable. Good progress though!

#184 desireaftergod

desireaftergod

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • LocationNH

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:08 AM

Keeping in mind that battery life will differ for each person/device, I will say that I was seeing pretty significant battery drain in the first couple of days after installing this ROM. However, after the third day it started to improve and I not get through the day with about 50% remaining.

THanks

Posted Image

#185 desireaftergod

desireaftergod

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • LocationNH

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:13 AM

Was wondering how you restore a backup of this.I made a backup of this earlier today...Flashed something else, and wanted to restore it, but I could not find it

Posted Image

#186 franzie3

franzie3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Twitter:@MikeFranz3
  • Google+:Michael Franz
  • LocationNY
  • Current Device(s):Samsung GS3, Xoom 4G, Asus Tf300T

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:14 AM

I got it working, but the real issue was when I tried to restore my TWRP backup, I had both a stock rooted ROM and Rage HD.  TWRP no longer sees them since I installed Pac Man.  They are physically there, I can see them in file manager, but Pac Man changed something so that TWRP does not see them, and so I cannot restore either of my backups.  

Check the file structure of your phone's SD card, if you save the backups there they may be in a new location.  I remember on my GS3 the first time i flashed a 4.2.2 based rom it created a 0 directory where everything got placed.  TWRP might just not be able to find it and you have to navigate it.

#187 TjNaps27

TjNaps27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Twitter:tjnaps27
  • Current Device(s):"Dan" Edition Razr Maxx HD

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:25 AM

Is the phone fc'ing on cm or were we still talking about pacman?
And yes when you flash cm or PAC it does mess around with your SD card with the folder 0. You just have to do some copy and pasting. Or just back up to external :D

Sent from my "Dan" edition RAZR MAXX HD

#188 mr2fngrz

mr2fngrz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD, Razr M

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:15 AM

Is anyone else getting hellacious connection timeouts accessing the PlayStore with this ROM? I've got to hit retry about 6 times before it connects. I've toggled airplane mode numerous times and the same with clearing the play store cache through recovery. Any tips to solve this would be much appreciated

• direwolfzero likes this

#189 GoCliffGo05

GoCliffGo05

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Twitter:GoCliffGo
  • LocationMaryland
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD Developer Edition, N7, X2

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:01 AM

People saying they can no longer see there backups. I've found that with twrp 2.5 it keeps reverting to internal storage. Have you checked to make sure you are using external?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

#190 Ban-Hammer

Ban-Hammer

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Twitter:@Adam_Swint
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR HD, Razr M

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:10 AM

People saying they can no longer see there backups. I've found that with twrp 2.5 it keeps reverting to internal storage. Have you checked to make sure you are using external?

This. I double check my backup and restore directories each time, and notice I have to keep changing to Ext. Not a huge issue though, takes 3 seconds to change. 

• GoCliffGo05 likes this

owCdSyp.jpg

#191 GoCliffGo05

GoCliffGo05

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:26 AM

This. I double check my backup and restore directories each time, and notice I have to keep changing to Ext. Not a huge issue though, takes 3 seconds to change. 

Lol no big deal at all. The first time it happened to me, it caught me off guard for a second as well that's all.

#192 SquireSCA

SquireSCA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:31 AM

Not a TWRP issue.  It was the CM 10.1 based ROM's, when you install them, it moves all your saved files and directories into a /0 directory...  so the location of all your files and directories are not where they were.  I don't know why CM based ROM's do this, it is a total PITA.  It started with the JB OTA, I saw this on the Nexus 7, when you upgraded to JB, the file structure changed and all your stuff gets moved to this directory labeled "0" and half your stuff doesn't work properly.  They solved the issue early on with the NExus 7 and other devices, and they simply need to make the same change here, that's all.

Once I manually moved everything back, deleted that "0" directory and fixed permissions, it started working again just fine.

#193 GoCliffGo05

GoCliffGo05

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:34 AM

It is a TWRP issue for me. I'm on stock and the physical box in twrp marked internal/external keeps changing back and forth.

#194 heffzilla

heffzilla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Twitter:@heffzilla

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:26 AM

I got it working, but the real issue was when I tried to restore my TWRP backup, I had both a stock rooted ROM and Rage HD.  TWRP no longer sees them since I installed Pac Man.  They are physically there, I can see them in file manager, but Pac Man changed something so that TWRP does not see them, and so I cannot restore either of my backups.  

I think it's something to do with the multiple user feature, we now have emulated storage in case of multiple users. I know there is a better way of explaining it, but my knowledge is severely limited, I'm sure one of our great devs will chime in :D

Apple blows

#195 SquireSCA

SquireSCA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:47 AM

I think it's something to do with the multiple user feature, we now have emulated storage in case of multiple users. I know there is a better way of explaining it, but my knowledge is severely limited, I'm sure one of our great devs will chime in :D

Apple blows

Whatever it is, I hate it.  It caused a lot of annoying issues several month ago on the Nexus 7, and they fixed it in all the ROMs since..  I am sure they will fix it here as well.

#196 markymarkmark12345

markymarkmark12345

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationDavenport, IA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD, Droid Razr

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:46 AM

Got this installed this morning! Only problem I'm having is when trying to set up swiftkey settings force closes... Help!

#197 devans3232

devans3232

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:23 AM

Go language and input and select it as default from there

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

#198 trebills

trebills

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:27 AM

For those having phone FC issues. I fixed mine by booting into recovery and selecting ' advance recovery' and wiping cache and dalvik Cache.

As for the GPS not locking. I simply nandroid restore stock ROM, turned on GPS then navigated to a random destination. Once it locked I restored my cm10.1. Works great now.

My phone has FC'd twice now in a day so there is some bug I'm sure, but, the aforementioned wiping of caches fixed it again.

Overall, very very smooth ROM.

• trebills likes this
VPYxJ21.png

#199 markymarkmark12345

markymarkmark12345

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationDavenport, IA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD, Droid Razr

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:40 AM

with swiftkey there's an installation process you have to go through in order to be able to use it...selecting it as the default is the third step of five, where it hangs up is the second step...if you don't finish the "installer" you can't use it

#200 devans3232

devans3232

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:36 AM

with swiftkey there's an installation process you have to go through in order to be able to use it...selecting it as the default is the third step of five, where it hangs up is the second step...if you don't finish the "installer" you can't use it

Well that's how i got mine to work, it kept force closing the settings on the second step so i just went into settings and selected SwiftKey as the default and then went back to the set up process

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users