[DEV-EDITION][ROM-AOSP] Unofficial CM10.1 (JB 4.2.1) [01/24: BETA]

• Please log in to reply
271 replies to this topic

#221 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

No phone FC?

For me it had the exact same phone FC problem as the Pac Man rom after the first reboot. The "fix permissions" fix did not work for me (nor did it work for me on Pac Man), but the the kill-sync, wipe contacts, wipe contacts storage, wipe phone, reboot to recovery, wipe cache/dalvik fix did work (but it has to be repeated whenever you reboot).

Data seems steadier for me on this AOKP build than it was on the current Pac Man build. [Edit: still getting some of what are either data drops or what the phone thinks are data drops]

• pcarenza likes this

#222 jld

jld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr HD MAXX

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:53 PM

Damn. I'm flashing it now, but that FC bug is too annoying to deal with on each reboot. Oh well, it'll be fun to try out.

#223 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

Damn. I'm flashing it now, but that FC bug is too annoying to deal with on each reboot. Oh well, it'll be fun to try out.

It seems very good so far. As someone who has never used AOKP before, I notice there are more options in the ROM Controls of pure AOKP that handle some of the settings that the hybrid Pac Man had in the CM and Paranoid sections of the settings.

But yes, really need a perma-fix for the phone FC thing.

#224 jld

jld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:00 PM

Yeah it seems pretty nice. First call gave no FC, but I'm going to do the "sync" fix anyway.

#225 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:12 PM

Yeah it seems pretty nice. First call gave no FC, but I'm going to do the "sync" fix anyway.

Same here, but after rebooting I got the FC.

#226 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:28 PM

MMS wasn't working for me. Did it work for you?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

MMS does not seem to be working for me.

#227 richardbibbsr

richardbibbsr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationCasper Wyoming
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Maxx HD

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:10 PM

Okay I know the profile says NOOB and everything (I've earned it ;) anyway I unlocked boot loader installed TWRP recvry then this BADA** piece of work here but there's NO Dev options to enable USB debug... How'd I screw it up? :blink:
Sent from my UNLOCKED XT926 using Tapatalk 2

#228 richardbibbsr

richardbibbsr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationCasper Wyoming

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

Nope invalid address every time ..

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

#229 koftheworld

koftheworld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Twitter:koftheworld

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:19 PM

Okay I know the profile says NOOB and everything (I've earned it ;) anyway I unlocked boot loader installed TWRP recvry then this BADA** piece of work here but there's NO Dev options to enable USB debug... How'd I screw it up? :blink:
Sent from my UNLOCKED XT926 using Tapatalk 2

It's hidden. Go to settings scroll to bottom and tap last item 6 times.

sent from my xt926 RAZR maxx hd

#230 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

After applying the sync fix I rebooted 4 times and the FC problem didn't come back. Of course now that I say this it'll probably FC next time I do it. But I have my fingers crossed that the problem is gone.

#231 jld

jld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:41 PM

MMS does not seem to be working for me.

Same. But the phone FC thing seems to be gone.. we'll see. Good enough for a DD, although I like the CM10.1 features better. And this charging LED is an eyesore.

#232 PantherHeel93

PantherHeel93

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/108778167441489933514
  • LocationCincinnati, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Droid 2 Global

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:49 PM

Settings > About Phone > tap Build Number 7 times

I think it's 7. haha

#233 richardbibbsr

richardbibbsr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationCasper Wyoming

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

:lol: Now that's some funny shi*.....
Thanx yer a life saver next rounds on me ;)

#234 heffzilla

heffzilla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Twitter:@heffzilla

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:17 PM

this charging LED is an eyesore.

Settings>display>battery light... Disable

Apple blows
  • Ban-Hammer likes this

#235 Ban-Hammer

Ban-Hammer

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Twitter:@Adam_Swint
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR HD, Razr M

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:47 PM

this charging LED is an eyesore.

Settings>display>battery light... Disable

Apple blows

I left it on, but changed the 'charging' and 'charged' lights to black. They won't show up. I still get the low battery light that way.

• jld likes this

owCdSyp.jpg

#236 Guest_Xplorer4x4_*

Guest_Xplorer4x4_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

Its aokp. Not even close to cm. But they are all using the same kernel source now. So its gonna take some time to get the system working properly with the new kernel. Shouldn't be long before these issues are fixed IMO.

What are you talking about? Last time I ran AOKP it had more tweaks then cm. Please explain how it is "not even close" as I have got to hear an explanation..actually I dropped cm9 for aokp on my old phone because aokp had more tweaks.

#237 TjNaps27

TjNaps27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Twitter:tjnaps27
  • Current Device(s):"Dan" Edition Razr Maxx HD

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:36 PM

Someone in an earlier post said that aokp was based off of cm. That's why I said aokp is not even close to cm. Meaning that its totally different than cm. Not stating which one is better. I'm actually a huge fan of aokp over cm.
Sorry for the confusion :o

#238 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

AOKP's got a lot of cool things...this is the first time I've used it...you can change the way all the status bar stuff is displayed, change the size of the navbar, add buttons to the navbar, hide the navbar and/or status bar, change what's in the power menu, etc. 

I've only used CM in the context of the Pac Rom, which combines features from CM, AOKP, and Paranoid. CM seems to have a lot of options around its Trebuchet launcher, but I'm not sure whether it has the systemui and framework-res mod type of options that AOKP has.

Pac Man gives you the options from both, and throws in the Paranoid stuff too, haha.

#239 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:51 PM

Btw DashClock is nice. Ah, the luxuries of 4.2.

#240 Guest_Xplorer4x4_*

Guest_Xplorer4x4_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:34 PM

Someone in an earlier post said that aokp was based off of cm. That's why I said aokp is not even close to cm. Meaning that its totally different than cm. Not stating which one is better. I'm actually a huge fan of aokp over cm.
Sorry for the confusion :o

Ah my bad.

That said, I think AOKP used to be cm based like liquid ROM(man I miss that ROM). In terms of customization, I am on AOKP now and I wasn't wrong! AOKP blows cm out of the water IMO. I have not tried pacman yet hut hopefully tomorrow. Sounds like it may be the missing link and that could be a good thing but as it is AOKP rules.

As for keeping the thread on topic maybe if people didn't grab links from peoples goo accounts and post them here..maybe the chef didn't want to release it yet(not sure if its been released elsewhere officially), or maybe ask a proper dev or mod if they can start a thread for these sort of releases..I am glad to have my hands on AOKP finally but I wish people would let the original dev do an official release rather then lurking through goo. Not attacking anyone particular..but it feels stalkerish the way some people run here or XDA to post what they found. Good things come to those who wait.

• Narffran likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users