271 replies to this topic

#241 jld

jld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr HD MAXX

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:31 AM

I left it on, but changed the 'charging' and 'charged' lights to black. They won't show up. I still get the low battery light that way.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

What! Please let me know how you did that. In the Rom settings menu I don't see any options for charging or charged.

#242 woodjc01

woodjc01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationJackson, TN
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:03 AM

Does anyone know if an alternate camera application, like Camera Zoom FX, would work on this ROM since the stock camera is not working? Thanks.

#243 koftheworld

koftheworld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Twitter:koftheworld

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:12 AM

Does anyone know if an alternate camera application, like Camera Zoom FX, would work on this ROM since the stock camera is not working? Thanks.

Stock works for pictures but not video. Another app won't help.

sent from my xt926 RAZR maxx hd

#244 TjNaps27

TjNaps27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Twitter:tjnaps27
  • Current Device(s):"Dan" Edition Razr Maxx HD

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:22 AM

Ah my bad.

That said, I think AOKP used to be cm based like liquid ROM(man I miss that ROM). In terms of customization, I am on AOKP now and I wasn't wrong! AOKP blows cm out of the water IMO. I have not tried pacman yet hut hopefully tomorrow. Sounds like it may be the missing link and that could be a good thing but as it is AOKP rules.

Soooooo what your saying is there not even close?? Hahahaha :p

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#245 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:29 AM

Mikeyinid's unofficial AOKP build is working really well for me. The phone FC issue hasn't come back after applying the sync/wipe fix once. It's running smoothly, battery life is good, and AOKP has nice features.

#246 curtdragon

curtdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:31 AM

Mikeyinid's unofficial AOKP build is working really well for me. The phone FC issue hasn't come back after applying the sync/wipe fix once. It's running smoothly, battery life is good, and AOKP has nice features.

What about the MMS issue?

#247 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:37 AM

What about the MMS issue?

MMS is not working for me.

#248 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • Twitter:pcarenza
  • Google+:pcarenza@gmail.com
  • LocationTampa Bay
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD, Nexus 7

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:01 AM

OK I did experience the phone FC (I hardly get any calls lol) but the sync steps fixed it. I'm getting SMS/MMS pretty regularly. 

Video camera doesn't work,, but regular camera works like a charm.

One thing I've missed all these months- this thing is very very buttery super smooth!

#249 markymarkmark12345

markymarkmark12345

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationDavenport, IA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD, Droid Razr

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:40 AM

hello all, just a question(may seem silly to some) but is there a way to load the stock blur launcher onto this rom? i'm really jonesing for my circle widget. i've tried every widget under the sun to get me a similar look, but i really miss the stock moto widget.

#250 ikesik

ikesik

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

I have only sent one MMS, but it worked for me. Have not tried to do it since though. 

#251 jber8103

jber8103

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

I left it on, but changed the 'charging' and 'charged' lights to black. They won't show up. I still get the low battery light that way.

#252 jber8103

jber8103

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

Go into display, it has the option to turn it off there!

#253 jld

jld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr HD MAXX

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

If I go into display I see the option for "pulse notification light." Even when unchecked, it still shows... not sure what's the deal there.

#254 Guest_Xplorer4x4_*

Guest_Xplorer4x4_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:17 PM

Soooooo what your saying is there not even close?? Hahahaha :p

lol pretty much. Thats not to say CM 10/10.1 is bad, but considering I have not tried pacman yet, CM is a far second in terms of available tweaks baked in to the rom. AOKP has about 99% of the tweaks CM has and then multiply that by 2 or 3 lol. If some one is looking for a AOSP rom with a good amount, but not to many, tweaks, CM is a good choice, but if your a tweaker (the android way!) AOKP is for you. From the sounds of it pacman will likely take over first place or bump CM to third place lol.

Same, I am wondering if it may be an issue with the image size. On Fuzion when I attached a pic to a text, it gave me an option to resize the image. I never did resize but I have a feeling some where along the line it was being compressed or resized anyway. In CM/AOKP I do nto get the resize image. At this point though, this is pure speculation. I will see if I can make time to do a logcat and see where the issue really lies. I may be way off and this may be a kernel issue.

hello all, just a question(may seem silly to some) but is there a way to load the stock blur launcher onto this rom? i'm really jonesing for my circle widget. i've tried every widget under the sun to get me a similar look, but i really miss the stock moto widget.

I asked the very same question years ago as I wanted blur camera or contacts(I forget) in CM. Doesn't seem silly to me at all. That said, TECHNICALLY, yes it is possible. Is it easily feasible? Well sadly I do not believe so. You would need to make sure you have all(or just the right amount) of blur in your rom. This includes system apks but also libs and certain things built in to the kernel I would guess. My guess is it would take a super dev like hascode to pull it off.

#255 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

lol pretty much. Thats not to say CM 10/10.1 is bad, but considering I have not tried pacman yet, CM is a far second in terms of available tweaks baked in to the rom. AOKP has about 99% of the tweaks CM has and then multiply that by 2 or 3 lol. If some one is looking for a AOSP rom with a good amount, but not to many, tweaks, CM is a good choice, but if your a tweaker (the android way!) AOKP is for you. From the sounds of it pacman will likely take over first place or bump CM to third place lol.

Same, I am wondering if it may be an issue with the image size. On Fuzion when I attached a pic to a text, it gave me an option to resize the image. I never did resize but I have a feeling some where along the line it was being compressed or resized anyway. In CM/AOKP I do nto get the resize image. At this point though, this is pure speculation. I will see if I can make time to do a logcat and see where the issue really lies. I may be way off and this may be a kernel issue.

I asked the very same question years ago as I wanted blur camera or contacts(I forget) in CM. Doesn't seem silly to me at all. That said, TECHNICALLY, yes it is possible. Is it easily feasible? Well sadly I do not believe so. You would need to make sure you have all(or just the right amount) of blur in your rom. This includes system apks but also libs and certain things built in to the kernel I would guess. My guess is it would take a super dev like hascode to pull it off.

Pac Man has the most options, but it feels a bit chaotic because you're basically accessing settings from three different ROMs. It's really cool though. The Paranoid "hybrid settings" lets you set each individual app's resolution and phone vs. tablet mode, so like you can have a 2-column settings app, or make it the normal 1-column and make it be zoomed in or out depending on the dpi set for it in the Paranoid settings. Then you have the CM Trebuchet launcher settings, and the AOKP ROM Controls haha. Another really nice feature is you can toggle back and forth between the normal navbar and pie controls with the push of a button, and the pie control is lag-free.

I don't know if I'd necessarily say it's better than just running AOKP (I'm really liking AOKP), but it gives you a lot of options, that's for sure.

Your idea about the MMS seems like a good hypothesis.

#256 Guest_Xplorer4x4_*

Guest_Xplorer4x4_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

That does sound chaotic. It seems like if it was combines in to one rom control area that would be great. Ah well, if nothing else I am happy with AOKP finally! This was the last rom I ran before getting my Razr HD!

FYI, if you haven't seen it, soem where in AOKP Rom Control is the tablet/2 column options. I think the same can be said for pie controls but I am not sure.

#257 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:13 PM

That does sound chaotic. It seems like if it was combines in to one rom control area that would be great. Ah well, if nothing else I am happy with AOKP finally! This was the last rom I ran before getting my Razr HD!

FYI, if you haven't seen it, soem where in AOKP Rom Control is the tablet/2 column options. I think the same can be said for pie controls but I am not sure.

The settings are kinda chaotic, but it's fun haha. Don't get me wrong, they did a good job with it. The CM/AOKP/Para customization options are grouped together in Settings under a heading called "Customization" which is nice. And they seem to have removed a lot of the redundancy in there - for example AOKP ROM Controls lets you resize the navbar, and Paranoid Hybrid Controls lets you do the same thing - but in the Pac Man ROM they removed that setting from AOKP ROM Controls so it's not redundant. So once you get used to where you have to go to find specific things, it works pretty well. Still feels less cohesive than just running pure AOKP, but it works. Once some of the kinks get ironed out I'm going to flash it again.

Regarding the 2-column options - the difference with Pac Man is that you can set it at the app level, so you can have it set differently for each app.

AOKP has an option to hide the navbar, but it gives you a pop-up navbar rather than a pie - I haven't seen a pie option in there yet.

I'm hoping mikeyinid will make an AOKP thread on XDA.

#258 woodjc01

woodjc01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationJackson, TN

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

I think I should have asked my question a little different. Does anyone know if an alternate camera app such as Camera Zoom FX would work on Hashcode's ROM, the one with no working stock camera? I have tried and deleted the CM 10.1 ROM with working camera and phone FC's from the other website and am not interested in it anymore. Thanks.

#259 Ban-Hammer

Ban-Hammer

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Twitter:@Adam_Swint
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR HD, Razr M

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

I think I should have asked my question a little different. Does anyone know if an alternate camera app such as Camera Zoom FX would work on Hashcode's ROM, the one with no working stock camera? I have tried and deleted the CM 10.1 ROM with working camera and phone FC's from the other website and am not interested in it anymore. Thanks.

I tried camera zoom FX, no dice.

owCdSyp.jpg

#260 woodjc01

woodjc01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationJackson, TN

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:56 AM