3459 replies to this topic

#2241 neoXank

neoXank

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorla Droid Razr XT912, Motorola Razr HD XT925

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:14 AM

On the 8/14 build I have been having network connection issues. Anyone else?

Yeah.! Some users have reported that. Fixed after reboots (not sure how many :p ). Try rebooting a few times.

#2242 SmittenmittenS

SmittenmittenS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:30 AM

Battery life is extremely awesome on the 8/14 build. 

Screenshot_2013-08-16-08-36-17.png

I'm a heavy user, and am still averaging 20+ hours a charge. I've seen worse roms. Although, my phone has the crazy amount of battery used from Google Services also. Does anyone know what causes this?

Also tried taking a few pictures on #16 and they still show up as grey boxes in teh gallery. Have also experienced a "cannot connect to camera" messages.

#2243 daruffins

daruffins

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:44 AM

Just tried flashing the 8/14 nightly along with the 4.3 Gaaps.  At the first boot up I received a message saying something like..."Encryption was unsuccessful, need to reboot the phone and perform a factory reset...."  Is this normal?  Did I do something wrong. Btw, I flashed a clean slot 1.  

#2244 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:02 PM

Just tried flashing the 8/14 nightly along with the 4.3 Gaaps. At the first boot up I received a message saying something like..."Encryption was unsuccessful, need to reboot the phone and perform a factory reset...." Is this normal? Did I do something wrong. Btw, I flashed a clean slot 1.

Did you Wipe the following after you Created your Slot...
*Cache
*Dalvik
*Factory
*System
*Reboot

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#2245 moksha51

moksha51

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:42 PM

Don't think we should upgrade versions using nightlies just yet.  Went from 8/14 to 8/16 . Did a reboot and all my apps lost their data , homescreen was reset etc. Sigh.

#2246 daruffins

daruffins

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:47 PM

Did you Wipe the following after you Created your Slot...
*Cache
*Dalvik
*Factory
*System
*Reboot

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

No, I guess I thought if I deleted slot 1 and created it again it would take care of all that. I'll delete and create again and do all the wipes this time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#2247 daruffins

daruffins

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:48 PM

Deleted

#2248 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:18 PM

Deleted

Let us know how your doing my friend

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#2249 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:41 PM

Don't think we should upgrade versions using nightlies just yet. Went from 8/14 to 8/16 . Did a reboot and all my apps lost their data , homescreen was reset etc. Sigh.

Yes you should...just make sure you do your Wipes after creating your Slot...
Reboot again this will allow you to Set up your Password in WiFi....When it brings you back to the start you to enter your Password...
Don't want to get far far along until the ROM Foundation is solid...

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#2250 jonwgee

jonwgee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Twitter:JonWGee
  • Google+:jonwgee
  • LocationDekalb IL

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:15 PM

Don't think we should upgrade versions using nightlies just yet. Went from 8/14 to 8/16 . Did a reboot and all my apps lost their data , homescreen was reset etc. Sigh.

Not Sure why people have such trouble with this rom...

I created a brand new slot 2, flashed cm10.2 and core gapps 4.3 that I downloaded from @dhacker29 's twitter feed link.
Everything ran perfectly.
Just downloaded 8-16 nightly via cm updater in settings /about phone.
Rebooted into safestrap, navigated to the download folder and flashed it.
No wipes of any kind, other than the cache wipe included in the install script.
Everything still works fine.
For what it's worth, I use Nova Prime launcher...

By way of Tapatalk

maxx

#2251 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:38 PM

"Next Launcher" here...

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#2252 jonwgee

jonwgee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Twitter:JonWGee
  • Google+:jonwgee
  • LocationDekalb IL

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:40 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

By way of Tapatalk

• CptSashimi likes this
maxx

#2253 daruffins

daruffins

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:24 PM

No, I guess I thought if I deleted slot 1 and created it again it would take care of all that. I'll delete and create again and do all the wipes this time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Now that I wiped I was able to flash without a problem. I did have a few issues such as WiFi not turning on and the Play Store force closing. Fixing permissions and rebooting seems to have fixed these issues.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

• The Persuader likes this

#2254 Tekz08

Tekz08

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:41 PM

Regarding camera use on 10.2 8/16: It now appears that the camera has general issues regardless of whether Focal or the normal Camera app is used. Lockups/FC's are regular occurrences on both apps.

#2255 aarnold0805

aarnold0805

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Twitter:aarnold3273
  • Google+:aarnold0805@gmail.com
  • LocationRiverton, WY.

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:49 PM

How do you switch the external sd card to primary on cm 10.2?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Sent from my 209 KOA RAZR

#2256 nukeruss

nukeruss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Twitter:nukeruss
  • Google+:nukeruss
  • LocationPalmyra, PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx XT912

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:39 PM

I'm a heavy user, and am still averaging 20+ hours a charge. I've seen worse roms. Although, my phone has the crazy amount of battery used from Google Services also. Does anyone know what causes this?

Also tried taking a few pictures on #16 and they still show up as grey boxes in teh gallery. Have also experienced a "cannot connect to camera" messages.

Battery percentages always add up to equal 100%. All that means is that for the 1day and 17 hours that he had it sitting there that the only thing that happened was that google services did a few things in the background.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• The Persuader likes this

#2257 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:48 PM

Its not like the external sdcard is being used to create a swap or system partition. If swapped, its used by the apps to store their data and/or media content. I guess a flash memory can handle that kind of read/write.
Same thing that happens with devices having low or no internal sdcard.

The reason being, internal sd is limited and used up when creating rom slots (esp with safestrap).

I'm running it smoothly since very long. No issues until now with the sdcard.

Correct, but add the fact that you now are storing your safestrap files there, which includes the entire ROM (user data, internal memory, cache), you'll be constantly writing to it, hence doing more wear and tear on the external card. That's why I went through two SD cards (not cheap knockoffs) quickly due to all the writing.

Also, SD cards are slower than the internal memory that safestrap uses, so there could be a performance hit there. Also, do you really want the sd card to fail while you have your internal memory of the rom image stored there?

It's each person's choice, but I'm just trying to spare people the grief that I went through. I lost pictures, music and other important things because of this.

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#2258 SmittenmittenS

SmittenmittenS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:14 PM

Battery percentages always add up to equal 100%. All that means is that for the 1day and 17 hours that he had it sitting there that the only thing that happened was that google services did a few things in the background. Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

i know they always equal 100% but usually the screen takes up the biggest part of the battery. I've ran a few where the Google Services said it did barely anything but still took 60% of my battery where the 8 hours of screen time only took 17%. Today's battery is different though, 10 hours in, still 70% battery left. 23% android OS, 16% wifi, 15% screen. Google services aren't even on the list this time ^^

#2259 neoXank

neoXank

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorla Droid Razr XT912, Motorola Razr HD XT925

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:42 PM

Correct, but add the fact that you now are storing your safestrap files there, which includes the entire ROM (user data, internal memory, cache), you'll be constantly writing to it, hence doing more wear and tear on the external card. That's why I went through two SD cards (not cheap knockoffs) quickly due to all the writing.

Also, SD cards are slower than the internal memory that safestrap uses, so there could be a performance hit there. Also, do you really want the sd card to fail while you have your internal memory of the rom image stored there?

It's each person's choice, but I'm just trying to spare people the grief that I went through. I lost pictures, music and other important things because of this.

As I said before, It doesn't move your Safestrap folder to External SD. The swap only makes your ROM read External SD as Internal (by changing the mount points of both).

The Recovery an Safestrap (independent of ROM) reads it as it is.

I'm well aware that External SDcards cannot handle system level read-write. But that's not what this is about.

So,I repeat, swapping it only allows apps to store their data and/or media to External SD.

#2260 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:47 AM

Now that I wiped I was able to flash without a problem. I did have a few issues such as WiFi not turning on and the Play Store force closing. Fixing permissions and rebooting seems to have fixed these issues.

Awesome!!!

Just a note with Wifi after Flashing and Rebooting to your first Set up screen....

I think I mentioned this, after you Flashed 4.3 & Gapp let it run to your Start Screen to Set up...Now, just Reboot it again...Back to the Set up Screen...then you can Set up everything without having to reboot or Fix Permissions at the end to complete the fix...

Just a thought...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users