#3401 pattonsj

pattonsj

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR maxx

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:29 PM

Nah... I've tried it but I can't live without Beats audio. It sounds awesome and I use my phone as my car audio. Always stick with stock based rom. It's gotta be some change in 11 that broke it. That's the problem with CM is they have to build it for soooooooo many phones it's nearly impossible to get everything to work

You are correct. CM seems to be for the crackflashers who like it purdy and nonfunctional. CM has a lot of potential and is fun to play around with but the basics aren't there. People are having GPS issues, no encryption, the internal SD unmounts, and do forth and so on.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

• Memnoch73 and The Persuader like this

#3402 drewski11

drewski11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area, CA

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:01 PM

You are correct. CM seems to be for the crackflashers who like it purdy and nonfunctional. CM has a lot of potential and is fun to play around with but the basics aren't there. People are having GPS issues, no encryption, the internal SD unmounts, and do forth and so on.

I don't do encryption (luckily my company doesn't require it), but everything else seems to be working. GPS. Internal SD. Data connection. Etc.

Better than stock / Blur based ROMs for me (except for Moto vehicle mode)

Seems quite variable from person to person. ๐Ÿ˜•

Sent from my Xoom Wifi using Tapatalk

Droid Razr MaxxSS3.6 AviatorBlur / CM11 N10 | RastaKat Xoom Wifi | Big Part 4.3 N7 | MultiROM / RastaKat OG Droid | kfazz CM10 port

#3403 pattonsj

pattonsj

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:52 PM

I don't do encryption (luckily my company doesn't require it), but everything else seems to be working. GPS. Internal SD. Data connection. Etc.Better than stock / Blur based ROMs for me (except for Moto vehicle mode)Seems quite variable from person to person. ๐Ÿ˜•Sent from my Xoom Wifi using Tapatalk

That's what sux about working for a Fortune 50 company. IT security is locked down. It is a little off topic kinda but does anybody have any inside info at Verizon as to what phones will be released by the end of the month?

#3404 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:50 AM

I don't do encryption (luckily my company doesn't require it), but everything else seems to be working. GPS. Internal SD. Data connection. Etc.Better than stock / Blur based ROMs for me (except for Moto vehicle mode)Seems quite variable from person to person. ๐Ÿ˜•Sent from my Xoom Wifi using Tapatalk

Mine is just GPS or Maps...some what disappointed it not working but guess what...none of the other choices work either...

I sent Googles an Email after their Update... Googles said, and I quote..."The New Update with Maps will Not Work on Rooted Phones if you took the New Update"...

There right plus the other Navigational choices too..

Other than that... it's Solid

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#3405 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:08 AM

That's what sux about working for a Fortune 50 company. IT security is locked down. It is a little off topic kinda but does anybody have any inside info at Verizon as to what phones will be released by the end of the month? Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

The end of what month?? February? I wouldn't hold your breath. The Samsung GS5 will be announced later this week and the new version of the HTC One will be announced March 25 but announced does not mean released. Especially if you go by last year. Big V got the GS4 and The One later than all other carriers.Might look to Swappa and grab a DNA. That will save your upgrade and give you a huge jump from your OG Razr. Also it can be fully unlocked and their are a ton of Roms on XDA.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#3406 pattonsj

pattonsj

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:36 AM

The end of what month?? February? I wouldn't hold your breath. The Samsung GS5 will be announced later this week and the new version of the HTC One will be announced March 25 but announced does not mean released. Especially if you go by last year. Big V got the GS4 and The One later than all other carriers.Might look to Swappa and grab a DNA. That will save your upgrade and give you a huge jump from your OG Razr. Also it can be fully unlocked and their are a ton of Roms on XDA.

Yes, February. Just read about the g2 pro and just wondered if it will be out and what else may be on the horizon.

#3407 Brett89

Brett89

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT912

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:00 PM

I'm going to guess that you are confusing the internal (simulated) SD card with the external SD card.

SafeStrap stores images on the internal SDCARD aka /sdcard and not on /sdcard-ext which is any microSD card you plugged in.

Use a file manager to browse to /sdcard/safestrap. There are your slots.

This is default SafeStrap behavior, the only safe behavior, and therefore "correct" behavior even if your expectations are unmet. It has nothing to do with CM10 or CM11 or Stock.

You can, of course, change that behavior either by altering how SafeStrap interprets what "/sdcard" physically points to, or by forcing SafeStrap to always use the external SD card (which will break your phone if you take out the SD card). The source code is around somewhere, as is the source for TWRP, upon which SafeStrap is based. It's probably a trivial change, but it's generally-speaking a Really Bad Idea.

Thanks for the reply, 
I may have phrased that poorly. I apologise. The issue I'm dealing with is that it's not using the Safestrap partition as storage, it's using the remainder that's left over after stock and the SS partition.When I moved to CM11, I started running out of storage space very quickly, when I had CM10, I never dealt with this issue for months with the same release installed. At the end of the day, the result is Play Music runs out of space since it only has 1gb to work with and I can't install some apps. Swiftkey won't install since it doesn't properly associate the SD card to use. I can reinstall CM11 and grab a screenshot too.

EDIT: External SD Card not mounting whatsoever. Hence the difference with CM11 to CM10 for me.

#3408 PillClinton

PillClinton

#FireGaryBettman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Twitter:530SharksFan
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:54 PM

Is anyone having Bluetooth problems? I'm running the 3/1 nightly, and cannot get my headset to pair with the phone for the life of me. I've had issues with Bluetooth prior to this build, but was always at least able to pair & talk on the headset. Before, only the voice commands didn't work. Now, I can't get the headset to pair at all!! :-(

#3409 PillClinton

PillClinton

#FireGaryBettman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:00 PM

This is what I'm seeing. I've tried 2 different headsets & neither works!

Attached Files

#3410 PillClinton

PillClinton

#FireGaryBettman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:00 PM

Oops, double posted this one. MODS: Please DELETE this post.

#3411 PillClinton

PillClinton

#FireGaryBettman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:50 PM

After creating a new rom slot and doing a fresh install of CM 11, I'm now able to pair and talk on my bluetooth headset, but still no luck with voice commands over bluetooth. This is progress though! If anyone can recommend a good voice control or personal assistant app, feel free to PM me. I'd been using my motospeak, but that doesn't want to play nice anymore.

#3412 atwalker

atwalker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN
  • Current Device(s):xt912

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:20 AM

Anyone moved to the post 3/1 builds? I heard they fixed signal loss which was one of the reasons why I stopped using CM.

#3413 livlif2fullest

livlif2fullest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:27 AM

Anyone moved to the post 3/1 builds? I heard they fixed signal loss which was one of the reasons why I stopped using CM.

I'm on the 3/5 nightly and I have noticed an improvement in Wi-Fi and phone signal strength.

#3414 livlif2fullest

livlif2fullest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:40 AM

Can someone tell me what the snapshot M4 is for CM11 is? Is it different than the same dated nightly?

#3415 livlif2fullest

livlif2fullest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:47 AM

Can someone tell me what the snapshot M4 is for CM11 is? Is it different than the same dated nightly?

Never mind, found the answer on their blog :-)

#3416 jwillens

jwillens

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:52 PM

Which gapps package do you flash with the newest nightlies

#3417 livlif2fullest

livlif2fullest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:50 PM

Which gapps package do you flash with the newest nightlies

I use the nometadata one as I was having issues with the normal kitkat ones, not sure if it ever got fixed so we could use the normal kitkat gapps. Search the posts for a link to the nometadata gapps or a link to the normal gapps.

#3418 jbag1489

jbag1489

Themer

• Superuser
  • 167 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:47 PM

Has anyone used the m4 snapshot? Thoughts on it?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

#3419 livlif2fullest

livlif2fullest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:33 AM

Has anyone used the m4 snapshot? Thoughts on it?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I've been using it since it was released as my daily driver with no issues. The only exception was I wasn't able to install it over the previous days nightly, got too many FC's, but once I wiped the ROM slot and installed everything worked fine. Obviously used titanium to do my backups first.

#3420 livlif2fullest

livlif2fullest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:51 AM

I'm on 3/14 nightly now and my calendar notifications don't always display an icon in the status bar, they show when I pull it down though. Also, when I click on a text from the notification bar it doesn't disappear from the notification list until I click the read button.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users