Giblet535

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:07 PM

Wipe caches too before Updating

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

The updates wipe cache as a step of the install. At least there's an echo statement to that effect, and updates always result in "Android is Upgrading Please Wait" on initial boot.

Is that not correct?

If I lived . I'd be ~ by now.

#3382 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:43 PM

The updates wipe cache as a step of the install. At least there's an echo statement to that effect, and updates always result in "Android is Upgrading Please Wait" on initial boot.

Is that not correct?

Even tho it wipes on the Install...I still find the result are Seemless rather than a Dirty Flash...

Waiting is what we do but do read the Change log...

Lett'er Rip big guy

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#3383 jbag1489

jbag1489

Themer

• Superuser
  • 167 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:38 PM

Has anyone noticed gps trouble? On 2/16 and 2.17 when my gps tries to connect in maps, it kicks my radio signal completely out so gps is basically unusable for me.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

#3384 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:50 PM

Has anyone noticed gps trouble? On 2/16 and 2.17 when my gps tries to connect in maps, it kicks my radio signal completely out so gps is basically unusable for me.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

My GPS hasn't worked on any of the ROMs I've been on since the New Update...Navigation for Directions doesnt work but that Chic Voice will Prompt me to the location when I am there but NOT going there...

Not sure what Happen...but I do understand from an Email from Goggle Maps it will not support Rooted Phones even when we go back to Stock to activate than back to Safestrap Custom RoM...

Another words..."That Dog Don't Hunt" anymore ...Retired...Oh, Garmin are they still alive...This is almost like having a House Phone or an Outdoor Phone Booth...Its-sa Gonna"

Rest in Peace

#3385 jbag1489

jbag1489

Themer

• Superuser
  • 167 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:58 PM

Well, it was seeming to work good for me on the 1/20 build I think that's the day at least.

But it's been weird on the 2/15+ builds (I had a jump in flashing)

My workaround has been Hotspot to connect my Nexus 7 (also on cm) and then use that, but I'd prefer to not have to tether to use gps haha

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

#3386 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:08 PM

Well, it was seeming to work good for me on the 1/20 build I think that's the day at least.

But it's been weird on the 2/15+ builds (I had a jump in flashing)

My workaround has been Hotspot to connect my Nexus 7 (also on cm) and then use that, but I'd prefer to not have to tether to use gps haha

Tethering is a good Alternative...Don't knock it if it works...

Miss my Maps...But Googles found a way to Blow it up on Custom ROM driven by Safestrap...Can't even get it to work on Stock (Rooted) usually that where we activated on Stock to use in Safestrap...Not anymore...

#3387 pattonsj

pattonsj

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR maxx

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:12 PM

Tethering is a good Alternative...Don't knock it if it works...

Miss my Maps...But Googles found a way to Blow it up on Custom ROM driven by Safestrap...Can't even get it to work on Stock (Rooted) usually that where we activated on Stock to use in Safestrap...Not anymore...

Well, GPS is something that does work for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#3388 jbag1489

jbag1489

Themer

• Superuser
  • 167 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:13 PM

What build are you on? Are you using jbx also?

#3389 pattonsj

pattonsj

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:17 PM

What build are you on? Are you using jbx also?

Right now I'm on a stock based custom ROM but flashed cm 11 with and without jbx last week and everything worked except for encryption.

#3390 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:28 PM

My good friend is running BlurXXX...Its a Stock Based ROM...Its another Great Pick for the Members to try....Awesome...

Pattonj is Our Stable Dude and someone with Great Principals and Loyalties to a particular ROM...Hats off my friend

#3391 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:31 PM

Right now I'm on a stock based custom ROM but flashed cm 11 with and without jbx last week and everything worked except for encryption.

Not sure Why Encryption won't work...

Memnoch...

My friend Tune in your Knowledge on this one...Memnoch is Our Stealth Mod that just appears without Notice...Awesome Dude to know...

Where are you....Chime in will yaa...

#3392 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:38 PM

HERE I AM!!!  :ph34r:

What is this encryption you speak of?? Is that on outlook email or the whole phone?? 

I have never ran any encryption so I'm not sure...

I wish you guys would just stick to stock based roms so we don't have all these CM related nightly issues.  :p

Or it's time to upgrade people... come on let's get on it. The OG RAZR is over 2 years old right?? My DNA runs like a champ on a debloated stock rom with ZERO issues. Love this phone so much I have had it for a year and a half. Record for me....

Yo "Bubba the Love Sponge" keep up the good work. You never fail to crack me up. Keep ruining keyboard because my beverage comes out my nose.  :o

• The Persuader likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#3393 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:05 PM

What is this encryption you speak of?? Is that on outlook email or the whole phone?? 

I wish you guys would just stick to stock based roms so we don't have all these CM related nightly issues.  :p

Or it's time to upgrade people... come on let's get on it. The OG RAZR is over 2 years old right?? My DNA runs like a champ on a debloated stock rom with ZERO issues. Love this phone so much I have had it for a year and a half. Record for me....

Yo "Bubba the Love Sponge" keep up the good work. You never fail to crack me up. Keep ruining keyboard because my beverage comes out my nose.  :o

Love it when you talk Dirty...

Okay Sparky, I smell an Upgrade in your Walk & Talk... :rolleyes:

Are you telling us were running Behind the Times :o ....and the RAZR is Grasping for Air to stay Alive :blink:ph34r: ....Well I Notice you speak to DNA a lot...Debloated....Plus you said you own for a Year n a Half...Wow~~~~

That's longer than Feeding my Sister In Law with Marshmellows with a Sling Shot...I love it when I miss...She has so many Marshmellows stuck to her body its like the Game...Connect the Dots...

(Sorry had a moment) or Sidebar :p

Okay, Your DNA is coming to an End Soon so What will be your next choice for the next 2 years...I am sure it will be Unlocked...So which is it...

Curious, Why just want to hang around you Dudes...so I can get Wicked Smart...Oh have to work on my Spell Check...and O's...Dont go their Memnoch... :rolleyes: Is he serious...

• Memnoch73 likes this

#3394 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:21 PM

Pattonj...

Explain the Encryption situation and let see if their is a solution to resolve...It is a Corporate security factor For Sure...but Maybe their is a Fix...

PattonJ...Fire away Big Guy Tell us whats your trying to accomplish...

#3395 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:44 PM

Ahhh Bubba you're killing me with the marshmallows...

My next phone?? Hmm... Gonna either be the new version of the HTC one that will be announced March 25 or the new version of the Moto X which I would assume will hit Septemberish since that's their track record.

Oh yeah toss that OG razr. It's extinct! Like the dinosaurs or Donald Trump's toupee.

• The Persuader likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#3396 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:27 PM

Ahhh Bubba you're killing me with the marshmallows...

My next phone?? Hmm... Gonna either be the new version of the HTC one that will be announced March 25 or the new version of the Moto X which I would assume will hit Septemberish since that's their track record.

Oh yeah toss that OG razr. It's extinct! Like the dinosaurs or Donald Trump's toupee.

Good Choices by the way...tough one to choose...here we go with the O's again...

Moto X is my choice for Now but keep reviewing...HTC

Choices Choices Choices

Now Trump...
To pull All that Grass fed Hair over to one side... he'd would've gone thru a 300 mph Wind Tunnel to push that crop to one side..

But hoping his Lips would beat him to death...Mouse... (I know) I spelled wrong...His hair... is Stiffer than anything he's had in Month's....
Maybe we can send Trump a Group-on coupon for A Brazilian Wax for his Toupee of course...
What were you thinking... :p

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#3397 pattonsj

pattonsj

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:04 PM

HERE I AM!!! :ph34r:

I wish you guys would just stick to stock based roms so we don't have all these CM related nightly issues. :p

Yo "Bubba the Love Sponge" keep up the good work. You never fail to crack me up. Keep ruining keyboard because my beverage comes out my nose. :o

Encryption is the only thing holding me back right now. Memnoch, my companies exchange server requires the device and the SD card be encrypted. When you set up the exchange account it will start the process for you. Well, it will try to start but nothing happens. Andy just lays there on the screen and will do so until you you give up and cancel it. So then I thought that maybe I can go into settings and start the encryption process manually. Wrong! It will sit there until the end of time and nothing will happen. Any thoughts?

#3398 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:07 PM

Encryption is the only thing holding me back right now. Memnoch, my companies exchange server requires the device and the SD card be encrypted. When you set up the exchange account it will start the process for you. Well, it will try to start but nothing happens. Andy just lays there on the screen and will do so until you you give up and cancel it. So then I thought that maybe I can go into settings and start the encryption process manually. Wrong! It will sit there until the end of time and nothing will happen. Any thoughts?

Hmmm... no idea really. I have never done that before. It's gotta be something in CM that is not playing nice with the Razr. Might be Kernel level. Has it ever worked for you on CM??

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#3399 pattonsj

pattonsj

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:12 PM

Hmmm... no idea really. I have never done that before. It's gotta be something in CM that is not playing nice with the Razr. Might be Kernel level. Has it ever worked for you on CM??

The last time I remember getting it to work was 10.1. I wonder if it works with other devices. Are you running 11 on your DNA?

#3400 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:15 PM

The last time I remember getting it to work was 10.1. I wonder if it works with other devices. Are you running 11 on your DNA?

Nah... I've tried it but I can't live without Beats audio. It sounds awesome and I use my phone as my car audio. Always stick with stock based rom. It's gotta be some change in 11 that broke it. That's the problem with CM is they have to build it for soooooooo many phones it's nearly impossible to get everything to work

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users