• PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR maxx

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:18 AM

He's Probably giving Us the Bird ;)...
Is The Bird a ROM?

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

No, but they do "fly" and if they hit you in the face your eyes would be "blurry".

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#3364 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:33 AM

Are you receiving Royalties...;)

Or Are you the PROMOTING ROM Advocate DUDE

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#3365 pattonsj

pattonsj

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:40 AM

Are you receiving Royalties...;)

Or Are you the PROMOTING ROM Advocate DUDE

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

I'm the "glad that I am using a stable awesome ROM that everyone should try guy."

#3366 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:10 AM

You've become a Blurrdian...;) Now, The whole purpose of Safestrap is to Customize _your ROM... Not Stock Attributes... Its Bubba "Stubborn In Your Bones"

#3367 Brett89

Brett89

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT912

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:55 PM

I know I've posted this one before, but it was at the end of a page, so I figured it may have been missed by most. I really miss CM11 as stock is slow.

I've dealt with an issue since moving to CM11 is that it doesn't utilise the SD card properly for storage. Prior to partitioning I'll have roughly 5 GB free. I partition Safestrap to take up 4GB overall, it'll just use up that 1GB of remaining space while I've got a 32GB SD card with 23 GB free. It worked properly in CM10.1.2, through countless nightlies and stable releases. I've wiped the phone with Matt's utility and updated to .165 and tried it again with the same results. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

#3368 pattonsj

pattonsj

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:58 PM

You've become a Blurrdian...;)Now, The whole purpose of Safestrap is to Customize _your ROM...Not Stock Attributes...Its Bubba"Stubborn In Your Bones"

That is true and I like a lot of customization but when basic features that I need don't work then I have to go back to a ROM that never let's me down.

• The Persuader likes this

#3369 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:19 AM

You're a Good Dude my friend...
Yes I too enjoy your alternate choice...;)

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#3370 jbag1489

jbag1489

Themer

• Superuser
  • 167 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:16 AM

Anyone else getting mms issues on 2/14 build? Saying something like invalid address location

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

#3371 livlif2fullest

livlif2fullest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:01 AM

Can anyone confirm that this ROM is still being worked on? I'm curious because of the recent deletes of the download links. So I'm wondering if it's worth it to flash the nightlies or is it a waste of time?

#3372 jbag1489

jbag1489

Themer

• Superuser
  • 167 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:13 AM

Can anyone confirm that this ROM is still being worked on? I'm curious because of the recent deletes of the download links. So I'm wondering if it's worth it to flash the nightlies or is it a waste of time?

I'm running the 2/14 build. After a reboot my mms is up again and everything is working great. Won't hurt to try it!

#3373 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:24 AM

I'm running the 2/14 build. After a reboot my mms is up again and everything is working great. Won't hurt to try it!

Note,
Use Quick Boot Plus to refresh your UI System...

* Choose Hot Boot...

95% of the time it fires up the Apps not working...than if not than its an App issue or alterative to fix

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#3374 livlif2fullest

livlif2fullest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:52 AM

but is anything changed in the nightlies or is it just the same version of code everyday? I guess I'm looking for an understanding of nightlies, is it different versions of the code, enhancements or bug fixes, or is it just no changes but new build?
  • OldBaldy likes this

#3375 OldBaldy

OldBaldy

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:57 PM

but is anything changed in the nightlies or is it just the same version of code everyday? I guess I'm looking for an understanding of nightlies, is it different versions of the code, enhancements or bug fixes, or is it just no changes but new build?

Nightlies contain both bug fixes and enhancements. You can check here for the change logs.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'> http://www.cmxlog.com/11/spyder/

#3376 jbag1489

jbag1489

Themer

• Superuser
  • 167 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:23 PM

I'm seeming to have Google play services (biggest culprit, among others too though) have a lot of wake lock time. Out of 12.5 hours been held awake for almost 2. Any ideas?

#3377 livlif2fullest

livlif2fullest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:46 PM

Nightlies contain both bug fixes and enhancements. You can check here for the change logs.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

thank you for the explanation as well as the link. Very helpful so I can be in the loop :-)

#3378 Giblet535

Giblet535

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:11 AM

I know I've posted this one before, but it was at the end of a page, so I figured it may have been missed by most. I really miss CM11 as stock is slow.

I've dealt with an issue since moving to CM11 is that it doesn't utilise the SD card properly for storage. Prior to partitioning I'll have roughly 5 GB free. I partition Safestrap to take up 4GB overall, it'll just use up that 1GB of remaining space while I've got a 32GB SD card with 23 GB free. It worked properly in CM10.1.2, through countless nightlies and stable releases. I've wiped the phone with Matt's utility and updated to .165 and tried it again with the same results. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I'm going to guess that you are confusing the internal (simulated) SD card with the external SD card.

SafeStrap stores images on the internal SDCARD aka /sdcard and not on /sdcard-ext which is any microSD card you plugged in.

Use a file manager to browse to /sdcard/safestrap. There are your slots.

This is default SafeStrap behavior, the only safe behavior, and therefore "correct" behavior even if your expectations are unmet. It has nothing to do with CM10 or CM11 or Stock.

You can, of course, change that behavior either by altering how SafeStrap interprets what "/sdcard" physically points to, or by forcing SafeStrap to always use the external SD card (which will break your phone if you take out the SD card). The source code is around somewhere, as is the source for TWRP, upon which SafeStrap is based. It's probably a trivial change, but it's generally-speaking a Really Bad Idea.

If I lived . I'd be ~ by now.

#3379 Giblet535

Giblet535

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:17 AM

The built-in CM Updater can check for nightlies on a schedule that you determine. When a new nightly is available for download, just touch that update to read the changelog.

It's about as hard to do as breathing, but uses different muscles.  :rolleyes:

If I lived . I'd be ~ by now.

#3380 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:56 AM

The built-in CM Updater can check for nightlies on a schedule that you determine. When a new nightly is available for download, just touch that update to read the changelog.

It's about as hard to do as breathing, but uses different muscles. :rolleyes:

Wipe caches too before Updating

It's Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users