Photo

Issues With Adb/rsd In Ap Fastboot Mode After Updating To .174?

.174 Fastboot ADB RSD

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PillClinton

PillClinton

#FireGaryBettman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Twitter:530SharksFan
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:23 PM

Hey everyone, I am having an odd issue with my Droid Razr. Last weekend, I Fastbooted back to stock .744, then updated through the OTA to .748 & .173. Next, I applied the unofficial .174 update. Recently I saw that the .174 file was pulled in favor of .175, so I planned to repeat this process & then update to the current build. I've installed/reinstalled the Android SDK/Java JDK/Current Moto Drivers, and have tried 2 different computers both running Windows XP. Here is my issue:

When I enter a command prompt, type "adb devices" & the phone is booted up normally, it shows my phone is connected. When I attempt to repeat this in AP Fastboot mode though, I encounter 2 problems. First, it begins to look for devices, shows "Devices Attached," but there is no serial/device number displayed. When booted up normally, I also used "adb reboot-bootloader" to reboot into Fastboot mode. Again, that worked, but once the phone was there in Fastboot, it still wasn't recognized. I opened RSD Lite as well to cross check, and it appears that it won't recognize the phone either? I'm stumped! Can someone help me figure this out please?

I'm sure this is related to my first problem, but secondly, when I type "moto-fastboot.exe flash system system.img" it says that this isn't a recognized command. Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong? It IS recognized when booted normally and connected as Charge Only/Mount USB. However, my Razr still appears to not be recognized by ADB when in Fastboot. When booted up normally, I typed the "adb devices" command which worked; my phone was displayed.

#2 PillClinton

PillClinton

#FireGaryBettman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Twitter:530SharksFan
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:45 PM

Still haven't found an answer to this question, but just wanted to share that despite it,

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

was able to get the job done! Back on .748, ready to re-root & upgrade!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: .174, Fastboot, ADB, RSD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users