Photo

[ROM] Eclipse Razr XT912 (VZW) - v2.2 7/11/13 - Welcome to the Dark!

• Please log in to reply
403 replies to this topic

#181 papanut

papanut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

Thanks nitro for your time and effort put into this ROM.

Have a few questions being new to flashing on Verizon/Max:

Is there a way to get my app data on here without having to re download all the apps.?

Why won't gmail sync? Has been syncing for an hour and still nothing. Would this sync issue be causing my contacts that were backed up to my Google account to not be imported?

I use mybackup pro to restore apps/data, after having backed them up of course.
you might check under accounts/google to see if you have sync, gmail, contacts etc enabled
  • timmiewayne likes this

#182 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:06 PM

Thanks nitro for your time and effort put into this ROM.

Have a few questions being new to flashing on Verizon/Max:

Is there a way to get my app data on here without having to re download all the apps.?

Why won't gmail sync? Has been syncing for an hour and still nothing. Would this sync issue be causing my contacts that were backed up to my Google account to not be imported?

Try wiping gmail data. That usually fixes syncing issues.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#183 iBLeeDBaTTLeReD

iBLeeDBaTTLeReD

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:07 AM

Try wiping gmail data. That usually fixes syncing issues.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, not sure what was going on but woke up and gmail was synced. What does suck is i found out that every time i was asked if i wanted to back up my contacts as i entered new ones on my phone and chose to back up to google it never did back anything up. Anyone else ever have that issue? I had to go to stock rom slot, select all my contacts and send an email to myself with them as attachments then switch back to this rom slot and import from the email i sent myself, weird.

#184 FcHsChilD

FcHsChilD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationWellington

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:29 AM

Just can't get away from Eclipse..Thanks Nitro.

#185 thrasher194

thrasher194

http://androidn00b.com/

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Google+:Thrasher194@gmail.com
  • LocationNorthCarolina, USA
  • Current Device(s):Motorola G4 Play (xt1609)

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:31 AM

flashed this... great rom, awesome battery life.. and i've used this rom since GB. :P

#186 livinitwarrior

livinitwarrior

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Turbo 64GB, Nexus 7, Midnight

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:36 AM

28 hours and down to 58%? Win. Great so far. I added the new alarm clock from XDA, and it works like a charm. Only went down 3% overnight on wifi!

Great job man, loving it

#187 cmarison

cmarison

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:58 AM

28 hours and down to 58%? Win. Great so far. I added the new alarm clock from XDA, and it works like a charm. Only went down 3% overnight on wifi!

Great job man, loving it

Did you turn 4G off by chance? I don't know how you're getting such crazy battery life. I have the RAZR MAXX and I'm already down to 71% after 4.24 hours of being unplugged. I have data set to Push from my Exchange server, and sync Gmail the same way. I have wasted 20% of the used energy on Voice calls and 40% on screen. I have it set to auto brightness too. Very strange.

#188 livinitwarrior

livinitwarrior

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

Did you turn 4G off by chance? I don't know how you're getting such crazy battery life. I have the RAZR MAXX and I'm already down to 71% after 4.24 hours of being unplugged. I have data set to Push from my Exchange server, and sync Gmail the same way. I have wasted 20% of the used energy on Voice calls and 40% on screen. I have it set to auto brightness too. Very strange.

yeah, I try to keep it off as much as possible- it's not needed for calls or sms. I also have profiles for screen off (sio, ondemand 600MHz) and Screen On (sio, interactivex max), CPU Sleeper, and auto brightness. I have auto push Exchange and Gmail as well

#189 cmarison

cmarison

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

yeah, I try to keep it off as much as possible- it's not needed for calls or sms. I also have profiles for screen off (sio, ondemand 600MHz) and Screen On (sio, interactivex max), CPU Sleeper, and auto brightness. I have auto push Exchange and Gmail as well

Yeah I think the stuff you changed did it. I do a lot of streaming so it's not the Rom's fault :P I was at about 25GB last month of data usage just from Hulu Plus and Netflix on the phone. Guess I should have mentioned that.

#190 juv3

juv3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

Also since this update the power menu doesnt reboot or hotboot when selected

#191 dubsx

dubsx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 400 posts
  • Twitter:dubs_x
  • LocationThe OH

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:02 PM

Also since this update the power menu doesnt reboot or hotboot when selected

did you wipe when you flashed the update? both work fine for me

Posted Image

#192 juv3

juv3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

I only wiped Cache and Dalkvin and installed over 1.0 since the O.P doesnt say you have to wipe everything, everything else works and battery life improved... dummy me forgot to flash the init.modules thats why i wasnt overclocking but i'm not flashing/deleting data for a simple reboot thats not reaponding i just installed BladeBuddy app to do the reboot/hot work

#193 dubsx

dubsx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 400 posts
  • Twitter:dubs_x
  • LocationThe OH

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

I only wiped Cache and Dalkvin and installed over 1.0 since the O.P doesnt say you have to wipe everything, everything else works and battery life improved... dummy me forgot to flash the init.modules thats why i wasnt overclocking but i'm not flashing/deleting data for a simple reboot thats not reaponding i just installed BladeBuddy app to do the reboot/hot work

as a general rule, ALWAYS wipe at least system, cache, and dalvik cache when flashing a ROM update. At the very least. Data really should be wiped as well. Try wiping system, cache, and dalvik and reflash Eclipse

• neckchop and juv3 like this
Posted Image

#194 dbslsy

dbslsy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

This update took away my overclocking i cant get it to work what do i do?

this no overclocking. default
use BMM0.34,Eclipse V1.1 on system 2

#195 bjoestanley

bjoestanley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

Is anyone using ROM Toolbox? Under CPU control when I go to choose a governor or I/O Scheduler, all the options are blacked out.

#196 livinitwarrior

livinitwarrior

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

Is anyone using ROM Toolbox? Under CPU control when I go to choose a governor or I/O Scheduler, all the options are blacked out.

part of the dark theme of Eclipse. Most dark themes have minor issues. If you tap and hold, it'll be visible

#197 bjoestanley

bjoestanley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

part of the dark theme of Eclipse. Most dark themes have minor issues. If you tap and hold, it'll be visible

Thanks man!

#198 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:20 PM

seeking advice

#1 on seemingly incorrect system responses to my taps on fields, buttons, etc.

I could be looking to open a given msg in gmail & another one, physically well below that one is opened instead. Or diff parts of a website hotspots / links distinctions get jumbled.

Also, I just did a wipe for all four areas, data, cache, dalvik, & system & reinstalled 1.1 fm scratch; so I'm at a loss to see such unstable results on this great rom; nothing like the 1.0…

#2 I recently saw a thread, forgot where on this site, about changing settings in Dev Options to improve speed / responsiveness; esp relating to the Dev Options sub-headings for Disable HW overlays- to always use GPU for screen compositing & Force GPU for 2nd drawings. What would be best (combo) for this rom?

What are Eclipse 1.1 defaults for those two?

Also, which would be better for issue #1 - wiping cache & dalvik, or fixing permissions?

FWIW, I've changed all of my window / screen transitions (or animations to .5 instead of 1.0; does this have any bearings on what I should use vis-a-vis thjse GPU settings?

TIA, SpyderMan
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#199 juv3

juv3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:52 PM

this no overclocking. default
use BMM0.34,Eclipse V1.1 on system 2

Just did a little research on BBM0.3.4 and it blew my mind lmao... i currently have safestrap 3.11 and i couldnt find info on compability? Can i install BMM0 with safestrap installed or do i have to go back to ics .211 to install?

#200 dbslsy

dbslsy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:15 AM

Just did a little research on BBM0.3.4 and it blew my mind lmao... i currently have safestrap 3.11 and i couldnt find info on compability? Can i install BMM0 with safestrap installed or do i have to go back to ics .211 to install?

only uninstall SS3.11 recovery.
wowowo.English!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)