Photo

[ROM] Eclipse Razr XT912 (VZW) - v2.2 7/11/13 - Welcome to the Dark!

• Please log in to reply
403 replies to this topic

#201 chrisault2004

chrisault2004

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationHuber Heights, OH
  • Current Device(s):Razr XT912

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:36 AM

Ive been playing with this ROM for a few day now and I can say I'm very satisfied with it! It would be the perfect ROM for me if it had a torch toggle in the status bar lol. Great work on this!

#202 wallacengineering

wallacengineering

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr MAXX (XT912)

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:42 AM

TO OP AND ROM DEVELOPER:

I HAVE DISCOVERED AN ISSUE WITH ALL JELLY BEAN ROMS ON THE RAZR OR RAZR MAXX. OVERCLOCKING VALUES DO NOT WORK. I HAVE TESTED THIS THEROY ON SIX DIFFERENT ROMS INCLUDING AVIATOR, JELLYWIZ, AGRESSION, TRIPLECORE, ECLIPSE, AND FLYING JELLY. THE SAME RESULT OCCURS IN EVERY ONE. TO CHECK YOUR ROM, I HAVE POSTED A DIRECT QUOTE FROM MY AVIATOR EXAMPLE AND INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO TEST YOUR ROM.

I found that no matter what ROM I am on, the values will apply in No-Frills CPU control or any other CPU Frequency modding application, but they will not "Stick". After Screen-Off and idle of 10 minutes or more, or a device reboot; the maximum CPU frequency setting will revert to the stock 1200MHz value, but ONLY this value is having issues. So far my Govenors and I/O schedulers stick and so do custom frequencies and clocks UP TO THE STOCK 1200Mhz, but NO FURTHER.

Over at the Aviator ROM forum thread, we believe this issue is being caused by the fact that the OverClock Modules and init.d Scrips were developed on the ICS Kernel, and have not been updated for the JB Kernel as of yet.

Aviator Forum Thread Link:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

THANK YOU FOR THE WONDERFUL ROMS! I LOVE EVERY ONE OF THEM I HAVE TRIED SO FAR AND WILL TRY TO GET TO EVERY ONE OF THEM SOON! YOU GUYS ROCK! GOOD LUCK ON DEVELOPING A JELLY BEAN KERNEL-BASED MODULE SET ONE DAY!

To ACTUALLY check CURRENT CPU information ACCURATELY:

- Download a ROOT file explorer (i.e. Root Explorer or ES File Manager [If using ES, be sure system directory is mounted as Read/Write (r/w)])
- Start the ROOT running file explorer
- Follow this path EXACTLY to get to your CPU Info (You should start at just "\", meaning ssystem base, otherwise go up levels until just that slash appears): \sys\devices\system\cpu\cpu0\cpufreq\
- Once you are here there there are SIX files you need to open in Text Viewer, these files are:
  • cpuinfo_max_freq
  • scaling_available_frequencies
  • scaling_available_governors
  • scaling_governor
  • scaling_max_freq
  • scaling_setspeed
PROBLEMS I FOUND (After Using Aviator Utility to OverClock Aviator ROM, then using NoFrills CPU control to apply overclock with "PegasusQ" Governor and "sio" Scheduler [1300 MHz Selected]):

I will list what each of my four files said and then I will explain why this means my CPU CANNOT OverClock (Opened in Text Viewer):

cpuinfo_max_freq: 1300000
scaling_available_frequencies: 300000 615000 850000 1100000 1300000
scaling_available_governors: boostedASSv2 pegasusq smartassV2 hotplugx interactivex hotplug ondemand userspace interactive performance
scaling_governor: pegasusq
scaling_max_freq: 1200000
scaling_setspeed: <unsupported>

NOTE:
If I set OverClock using NoFills and then WITHOUT rebooting or allowing my device to sit and idle (usually under 10 minutes), and immately use RootExplorer and view the six files , this result appears:

scaling_available_governors: boostedASSv2 pegasusq smartassV2 hotplugx interactivex hotplug ondemand userspace interactive performance
scaling_max_freq: 1300000

WHAT DO THESE RESULTS MEAN?:

Basically, the Scaling Max and CPU Info Max not displaying the same values is why my "Current Max Clock Frequency" reverts to "1.2 GHz" after my phone idles for about 10 minutes OR is rebooted. The Scaling Speed is controlled by "scaling_setspeed" and the fact that mine says "unsupported" means there is an issue. There is obviously a set speed because my phone will change frequencies on PegasusQ and use the 300, 615, 850, and 1100MHz frequencies, but will not use the 1300.

I believe the Scaling Set Speed is "unsupportive" of custom modules/clocks. If I open it using text editor and delete the "<unsupported>" and then "save and exit", it will fail and say no changes were applied. this will mean that when No-Frills attempts these changes, it will fail as well.

The cpuinfo_max_freq not being the same as scaling_max_freq is why my OverClock seems to work at first and reverts later. Basically, cpuinfo is just an information database that benchmarks and other applications use when you hit "system information". In basic terms, my phone is lying about its capabilities LOL. Scaling Max is the "REAL" value.

A SIMPLE WAY TO TEST YOUR SYSTEM:
- Go to the adroid Play Store and download an app called "CPU Benchmark"
- Go into NoFrills CPU Control and set your overclock of choice.
- Allow your phone to idle/screen-off and do not touch it for 10-15 minutes
- Start the CPU Benchmark app
- Click "Run Test" and watch the "CPU Speed" field
- Go to NoFrills again and set your values again
- DO NOT allow your device to idle/screen-off and go directly into CPU Benchmark
- Reboot
- Let Phone Idle for 5 minutes after startup to allow apps to settle and allow NoFrills to apply its CPU settings
- Without doing ANYTHING else to your phone at ALL, goto CPU Benchmark and click "Run Test" and watch "CPU Speed"
- Post your results on this forum thread
Apples are food. Quit being stupid, eat your food, and get a Droid.
Posted Image

#203 juv3

juv3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:49 AM

TO OP AND ROM DEVELOPER:

I HAVE DISCOVERED AN ISSUE WITH ALL JELLY BEAN ROMS ON THE RAZR OR RAZR MAXX. OVERCLOCKING VALUES DO NOT WORK. I HAVE TESTED THIS THEROY ON SIX DIFFERENT ROMS INCLUDING AVIATOR, JELLYWIZ, AGRESSION, TRIPLECORE, ECLIPSE, AND FLYING JELLY. THE SAME RESULT OCCURS IN EVERY ONE. TO CHECK YOUR ROM, I HAVE POSTED A DIRECT QUOTE FROM MY AVIATOR EXAMPLE AND INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO TEST YOUR ROM.

I found that no matter what ROM I am on, the values will apply in No-Frills CPU control or any other CPU Frequency modding application, but they will not "Stick". After Screen-Off and idle of 10 minutes or more, or a device reboot; the maximum CPU frequency setting will revert to the stock 1200MHz value, but ONLY this value is having issues. So far my Govenors and I/O schedulers stick and so do custom frequencies and clocks UP TO THE STOCK 1200Mhz, but NO FURTHER.

Over at the Aviator ROM forum thread, we believe this issue is being caused by the fact that the OverClock Modules and init.d Scrips were developed on the ICS Kernel, and have not been updated for the JB Kernel as of yet.

Aviator Forum Thread Link:

THANK YOU FOR THE WONDERFUL ROMS! I LOVE EVERY ONE OF THEM I HAVE TRIED SO FAR AND WILL TRY TO GET TO EVERY ONE OF THEM SOON! YOU GUYS ROCK! GOOD LUCK ON DEVELOPING A JELLY BEAN KERNEL-BASED MODULE SET ONE DAY!

To ACTUALLY check CURRENT CPU information ACCURATELY:

- Download a ROOT file explorer (i.e. Root Explorer or ES File Manager [If using ES, be sure system directory is mounted as Read/Write (r/w)])
- Start the ROOT running file explorer
- Follow this path EXACTLY to get to your CPU Info (You should start at just "", meaning ssystem base, otherwise go up levels until just that slash appears): sysdevicessystemcpucpu0cpufreq
- Once you are here there there are SIX files you need to open in Text Viewer, these files are:
  • cpuinfo_max_freq
  • scaling_available_frequencies
  • scaling_available_governors
  • scaling_governor
  • scaling_max_freq
  • scaling_setspeed
PROBLEMS I FOUND (After Using Aviator Utility to OverClock Aviator ROM, then using NoFrills CPU control to apply overclock with "PegasusQ" Governor and "sio" Scheduler [1300 MHz Selected]):

I will list what each of my four files said and then I will explain why this means my CPU CANNOT OverClock (Opened in Text Viewer):

scaling_max_freq: 1200000

NOTE:
If I set OverClock using NoFills and then WITHOUT rebooting or allowing my device to sit and idle (usually under 10 minutes), and immately use RootExplorer and view the six files , this result appears:

scaling_max_freq: 1300000

WHAT DO THESE RESULTS MEAN?:

Basically, the Scaling Max and CPU Info Max not displaying the same values is why my "Current Max Clock Frequency" reverts to "1.2 GHz" after my phone idles for about 10 minutes OR is rebooted. The Scaling Speed is controlled by "scaling_setspeed" and the fact that mine says "unsupported" means there is an issue. There is obviously a set speed because my phone will change frequencies on PegasusQ and use the 300, 615, 850, and 1100MHz frequencies, but will not use the 1300.

I believe the Scaling Set Speed is "unsupportive" of custom modules/clocks. If I open it using text editor and delete the "<unsupported>" and then "save and exit", it will fail and say no changes were applied. this will mean that when No-Frills attempts these changes, it will fail as well.

The cpuinfo_max_freq not being the same as scaling_max_freq is why my OverClock seems to work at first and reverts later. Basically, cpuinfo is just an information database that benchmarks and other applications use when you hit "system information". In basic terms, my phone is lying about its capabilities LOL. Scaling Max is the "REAL" value.

A SIMPLE WAY TO TEST YOUR SYSTEM:
- Go to the adroid Play Store and download an app called "CPU Benchmark"
- Go into NoFrills CPU Control and set your overclock of choice.
- Allow your phone to idle/screen-off and do not touch it for 10-15 minutes
- Start the CPU Benchmark app
- Go to NoFrills again and set your values again
- DO NOT allow your device to idle/screen-off and go directly into CPU Benchmark
- Reboot
- Let Phone Idle for 5 minutes after startup to allow apps to settle and allow NoFrills to apply its CPU settings
- Without doing ANYTHING else to your phone at ALL, goto CPU Benchmark and click "Run Test" and watch "CPU Speed"
- Post your results on this forum thread

You dummy... SetCPU has profiles so you just pick the profile with the screen ON! So it does the work for you to keep it overclocked

#204 livinitwarrior

livinitwarrior

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Turbo 64GB, Nexus 7, Midnight

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

while I know the files like init.d do work and the associated overclocking file doesn't, there are ROMs that are overclocked by trade, but they're baked in. Evolution and TripleCore both had this on the last versions I tested, overclocking to 1.325.

#205 juv3

juv3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:58 AM

while I know the files like init.d do work and the associated overclocking file doesn't, there are ROMs that are overclocked by trade, but they're baked in. Evolution and TripleCore both had this on the last versions I tested, overclocking to 1.325.

This works... No overheating..

Attached Files

• livinitwarrior likes this

#206 wallacengineering

wallacengineering

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:59 AM

You dummy... SetCPU has profiles so you just pick the profile with the screen ON! So it does the work for you to keep it overclocked

Well yes I know that lol, But I have tried keeping the screen on and the profiles still fail to be "stuck" in place. After your phone idles for a while it will revert to stock. try the method I explained using either a root explorer or the CPU Benchmark. If you get the scaling_max_freq value of 1200, or CPU Benchmark shows 1200, then there is obviously no overclock
Posted Image

#207 livinitwarrior

livinitwarrior

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Turbo 64GB, Nexus 7, Midnight

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:00 PM

Is that on this ROM? nice! i hadn't worried about overclocking this one. Hadn't needed to. Good to know for future tweaking though

#208 juv3

juv3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:02 PM

Is that on this ROM? nice! i hadn't worried about overclocking this one. Hadn't needed to. Good to know for future tweaking though

Yes this method works for overclocking if you dont believe me go check this out

OVERCLOCKING NEW JB OTA

#209 juv3

juv3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

Well yes I know that lol, But I have tried keeping the screen on and the profiles still fail to be "stuck" in place. After your phone idles for a while it will revert to stock. try the method I explained using either a root explorer or the CPU Benchmark. If you get the scaling_max_freq value of 1200, or CPU Benchmark shows 1200, then there is obviously no overclock

just try it... You'll like it lol

#210 wallacengineering

wallacengineering

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

Well see your phone may be lying to you. If you read through my post you will find that my cpuinfo_max_freq is 1300 but the scaling_max_freq is 1200. So on No-Frills and bechmarking, the system information tells me it has a 1300MHz max frequency, but it is FAKE information. Applications draw their information from the cpuinfo files, not the scaling information. This is because while the ICS modules can change most of the files, for some reason it was never updated to run on the JB kernel and it cannot modify scaling_max_freq or scaling_setspeed.

To confirm you overclock for SURE, use my root explorer method to view the ACTUAL system files.

This is the ONLY way to be TRULY SURE
Posted Image

#211 juv3

juv3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

Well see your phone may be lying to you. If you read through my post you will find that my cpuinfo_max_freq is 1300 but the scaling_max_freq is 1200. So on No-Frills and bechmarking, the system information tells me it has a 1300MHz max frequency, but it is FAKE information. Applications draw their information from the cpuinfo files, not the scaling information. This is because while the ICS modules can change most of the files, for some reason it was never updated to run on the JB kernel and it cannot modify scaling_max_freq or scaling_setspeed.

To confirm you overclock for SURE, use my root explorer method to view the ACTUAL system files.

This is the ONLY way to be TRULY SURE

Dude! Excuse me... But a real way to really know the truth is... When you're on your phone 24/7 and after using it @12000 Dont tell me that when I changed/tried this method I couldn't tell the snappier difference cause anyone can + antutu and and cpufrills and any other app with out doing the overclocking can tell you how fast ur phone is going

Attached Files

#212 wallacengineering

wallacengineering

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

Yes this method works for overclocking if you dont believe me go check this out

OVERCLOCKING NEW JB OTA

I went through the posts in this link and basically they are confirming what I have said. The profile resets after screen off and reverts to 1200MHz, but it seems they may have a solution.. Im going to have to try this out and run the scripts manually to ensure they "stick" after screen off or a reboot. If it works, and my testing method proves it, I will let you know.

Also this is because nobody on here is going to want to have to buy SetCPU. Only the paid version can set the profile on wake screen, besides, loading different profiles constantly (screen on and off switching it constantly) could drain your battery massively, as well as maybe even damage the CPU (very slight chance of this though, but better to have no chance at all)
Posted Image

#213 juv3

juv3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

Now teach me how you check or what files are you talking about in root explorer?

#214 juv3

juv3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

I went through the posts in this link and basically they are confirming what I have said. The profile resets after screen off and reverts to 1200MHz, but it seems they may have a solution.. Im going to have to try this out and run the scripts manually to ensure they "stick" after screen off or a reboot. If it works, and my testing method proves it, I will let you know.

Also this is because nobody on here is going to want to have to buy SetCPU. Only the paid version can set the profile on wake screen, besides, loading different profiles constantly (screen on and off switching it constantly) could drain your battery massively, as well as maybe even damage the CPU (very slight chance of this though, but better to have no chance at all)

OK...I Hope my phone doesn't explode on my face

#215 ktimque

ktimque

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

GROUP MESSAGING

Some come in blank, any way to fix this?

#216 juv3

juv3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

OK...I Hope my phone doesn't explode on my face

Even after flashing the kernel modules I couldn't overclock till I added this 90Modules to system/etc/init.d

#!/system/bin/sh
#
#--------------------------------------------------------------------

# Load Modules

insmod /system/lib/modules/symsearch.ko
insmod /system/lib/modules/cpufreq_interactiveX.ko
insmod /system/lib/modules/cpufreq_hotplugX.ko
insmod /system/lib/modules/cpufreq_smartass2.ko
insmod /system/lib/modules/cpufreq_pegasusq.ko
insmod /system/lib/modules/cpufreq_boostedASS2.ko
insmod /system/lib/modules/cpu_control.ko
insmod /system/lib/modules/sio-iosched.ko

echo hotplug > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
echo pegasusq > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_governor
echo sio > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/scheduler

echo 0 196 980 > /proc/cpu_control/tweak_cpu
echo 1 500 1195 > /proc/cpu_control/tweak_cpu
echo 2 750 1320 > /proc/cpu_control/tweak_cpu
echo 3 1000 1388 > /proc/cpu_control/tweak_cpu
echo 4 1350 1410 > /proc/cpu_control/tweak_cpu

Can someone tell me if that's wrong? Cause I Dont F'N know but it worked lol

#217 juv3

juv3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:54 PM

Just ran a test... and this also says im overclocked plus The battery temp after the test... cpumaster is not overclocking i just installed and opened it to see the temperature

Attached Files

#218 nitroglycerine33

nitroglycerine33

Mr. Eclipse

• Developer
  • 224 posts
  • Twitter:nitroglycerin33
  • LocationIowa

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

GROUP MESSAGING

Yes. Stop talking to people with iPhones.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

• neckchop, dubsx, Mistah and 3 others like this
Posted Image
Donations are not expected but always greatly appreciated. Thank you for supporting Eclipse Rom!
Follow me on Twitter @nitroglycerin33

#219 nitroglycerine33

nitroglycerine33

Mr. Eclipse

• Developer
  • 224 posts
  • Twitter:nitroglycerin33
  • LocationIowa

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:00 PM

GROUP MESSAGING

I ALMOST FORGOT TO PUT THE LAST MESSAGE IN ALL CAPS. MY BAD...

Run the retarded stock ROM if you do not like the way the AOSP MMS is not handling group messaging.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

• dubsx likes this
Posted Image
Donations are not expected but always greatly appreciated. Thank you for supporting Eclipse Rom!
Follow me on Twitter @nitroglycerin33

#220 wallacengineering

wallacengineering

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

Just ran a test... and this also says im overclocked plus The battery temp after the test... cpumaster is not overclocking i just installed and opened it to see the temperature

I did your script and it worked up until I turned the screen off and back on again... reset...
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users