2 replies to this topic

#1 hannahlin

hannahlin

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:43 AM

I came from using a G2 on T-Mobile that was running CM7, and mostly I've found the adjustment to Moto's interface pretty smooth. However, whereas before I was able to sync my Exchange contacts in both directions, they now seem to be read-only. It looks like this is more or less documented if I google, but I'm wondering if there's any way around it. I would really like to be able to continue using Exchange as the primary location of all my contacts and be able to update them on the go.

If it makes any difference, I'm running ExMail rather than stock email. For some reason, the most recent OTA doesn't play nicely with my email (they eliminated the manual setup option, and auto setup won't work because I need to be able to enter domain\username).

Does anyone have any ideas? Do I need to switch over to a different ROM in order to get this feature back?

#2 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:09 PM

You can still do manual setup if you do it through the email app rather than selecting 'Corporate Sync', at least on Eclipse that is true. I've never tried to sync from my phone to exchange, only pulling my contacts down from the server.

#3 hannahlin

hannahlin

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:09 AM

I could prior to the 173 OTA update. Now that option has disappeared in the stock email app and in accounts setup.

This isn't the end of the world. It's just frustrating when features disappear.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: contacts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users