Photo

DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!)

• Please log in to reply
585 replies to this topic

#61 mdcowby

mdcowby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, Maryland
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:02 AM

No, don't flash anything to the stock slot. You're supposed to be able to with SS 3.11 but it doesn't work and more than likely you'll just end up hosing your stock side. You can make backups of it and restore them but don't flash any mods or roms to it. It's really there for a backup of sorts. If something gets hosed, on your safe side, you can always go back to the stock side. The safe side is your playground. ;)

So its a good idea to backup the stock ROM? I noticed the stock ROM from this utility was on slot 1 is it supposed to be there?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

#62 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:05 AM

So its a good idea to backup the stock ROM? I noticed the stock ROM from this utility was on slot 1 is it supposed to be there?

The Stock ROM should be in the Stock position, known as the unsafe side. Custom ROMs are in Slots 1 thru 4. Stock shouldnt be in Slot 1.

Backups are always recommended, as it cant hurt.

#63 mdcowby

mdcowby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:11 AM

The Stock ROM should be in the Stock position, known as the unsafe side. Custom ROMs are in Slots 1 thru 4. Stock shouldnt be in Slot 1.

I
Backups are always recommended, as it cant hurt.

When I flash the utility and used option 1 all was working then i installed safestrap I noticed that slot 1 was activated with the stock rom that was flashed with the utility.

also forgot to add that the stock had nothing in it should I uninstall safestrap and then use utility again or should I just go ahead and plug my phone up and use the utility and see if it will installed it on the stock side

#64 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:16 AM

When I flash the utility and used option 1 all was working then i installed safestrap I noticed that slot 1 was activated with the stock rom that was flashed with the utility.

Thats not how it works, so not sure whats going on with you.....Stock is Stock and SS hooks the bootloader so it goes first to allow us to choose which ROM/Slot we want to boot from. Can you still boot on the Stock?

#65 mdcowby

mdcowby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:41 AM

Thats not how it works, so not sure whats going on with you.....Stock is Stock and SS hooks the bootloader so it goes first to allow us to choose which ROM/Slot we want to boot from. Can you still boot on the Stock?

No it came up some sercurity error and just bootloops I cant get into the stock at all. I'm going to do the utitily again and use option 1 like I did then install safestrap from the utility and see if it was placed on ROM slot 1 again...

Wait do I need to root before installing safestrap?? I think I do

#66 mdcowby

mdcowby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:11 AM

Ok everything is installed and its on the stock slot this time I'd like to install a custom ROM but i'm affraid it might mess that up again

? Do I need to run the ROM Compatibility Flasher Tool to get a custom rom on slot 1 or can I just flash to it.

#67 ronpope

ronpope

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:15 AM

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, and I think so... I went into app management and cleared data but it seems like data immediately re appears within seconds. is that normal?
should smart actions have anything "set" or should it all be in default, original state?

Have you figured out how to keep SA from appearing after you clear data..im having same problem

#68 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:15 AM

Ok everything is installed and its on the stock slot this time I'd like to install a custom ROM but i'm affraid it might mess that up again

I would disable as in remove SS Recovery, then uninstall SS altogether. Delete (or move if you want to keep them) the safestrap and TWRP folders. Reboot and try reinstalling Safestrap, enable Recovery and try again.
  • droidmaxxuser likes this

#69 droidmaxxuser

droidmaxxuser

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:31 AM

I would disable as in remove SS Recovery, then uninstall SS altogether. Delete (or move if you want to keep them) the safestrap and TWRP folders. Reboot and try reinstalling Safestrap, enable Recovery and try again.

I'm having that problem too will give it a shot...I seen these files on my sd card the TWRP but not the safestrap ones

#70 kaylasnider

kaylasnider

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:48 AM

good afternoon everyone and a shout out to matt for his help last night. With this newest utility installed I can ap fastboot my xt912, the sequence from option 1 appears to work through and do everthing it needs to. Although after the phone gets the Lil android man with the rotating square in his chest. From there it reboots, but reboots to a black screen with only the backlight showing faintly. The motorola boot screen reads in white script at the top
customer id error, contact dealer
boot to suspend/tcmd mode02......dead....00000000

could I not be flashing right, although in the ap fastboot menu my batery says ok., Is this a low voltage issue.? any help would be so greatly appreciated!

kayla

#71 RHChan84

RHChan84

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Twitter:rchan84
  • LocationMedford, Ma

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:54 AM

Dumb question but option 1, wipe data, does it wipe internal storage or just wipe system data?
Droid RAZR MAXX (JB/Rooted)

#72 kpitao

kpitao

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:05 AM

So ... everything is working, thanks Matt .... however I don't like JB .... can I go back to ICS?

#73 kaylasnider

kaylasnider

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:06 AM

as a addition to the top post, I botched a install of rls7 and ended up with no operating system and safestrap failed to open on boot. so here I am guys! Im going to get a phone just to put my sim card in today, but I feel as if this Maxx is saveable and worth the frustration to learn to restore as I've been having such good luck with custom roms

#74 kaylasnider

kaylasnider

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:07 AM

kpitao, from what I understand you cant go back to ICS after jellybean! but hopefully a dev can clarify

kayla

#75 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:10 AM

Dumb question but option 1, wipe data, does it wipe internal storage or just wipe system data?

System data.
  • RHChan84 likes this

#76 RHChan84

RHChan84

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Twitter:rchan84
  • LocationMedford, Ma

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:12 AM

System data.

Thanks!
Droid RAZR MAXX (JB/Rooted)

#77 rcbjr2

rcbjr2

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:37 AM

I am trying to use Option 1 on my Droid Razr Maxx. I have the .215 leak installed. I thought that Option 1 would wipe out everything. However, neither option 1 nor option 2 seems to work, at least not on my phone. I boot the phone into AP Fastboot. I then connect the USB cable. I then run either option 1 or option 2. The utility indicates it's waiting for phone. However, the utility never runs and eventually the phone just reboots itself. I have the latest Moto drivers installed (do I need RSD lite installed as well? If so, I got an error the other day installing that). Or would I be better using the 1.82 utility to go back to .211 and move to Jelly Bean? Any suggestions? Thanks!

#78 rcbjr2

rcbjr2

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:40 AM

I am trying to use Option 1 on my Droid Razr Maxx. I have the .215 leak installed. I thought that Option 1 would wipe out everything. However, neither option 1 nor option 2 seems to work, at least not on my phone. I boot the phone into AP Fastboot. I then connect the USB cable. I then run either option 1 or option 2. The utility indicates it's waiting for phone. However, the utility never runs and eventually the phone just reboots itself. I have the latest Moto drivers installed (do I need RSD lite installed as well? If so, I got an error the other day installing that). Or would I be better using the 1.82 utility to go back to .211 and move to Jelly Bean? Any suggestions? Thanks!

OK, never mind. As soon as I posted the above, it started to run. I believe it was a bit of operator error. ;-). Thanks, anyway.

#79 mugsy77

mugsy77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:55 AM

disregard

#80 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationIowa. Close to the University of Iowa.

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

The download look awhile. Have not tested it yet. I do want a fresh install after the .... .... about a week ago. Sadly, computer is updating. Will report back.

I have Moto Razr....I will cut you.

To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users