please tell me how its not possible?

#22 DonDraper

DonDraper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:15 PM

I'm not exactly sure if this is a joke or not lol, but - unless you took your phone apart and you are using liquid nitrogen to cool the cpu, you aren't hitting those speeds.

#23 Guest_coryjohn87_*

Guest_coryjohn87_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:18 PM

I'm not exactly sure if this is a joke or not lol, but - unless you took your phone apart and you are using liquid nitrogen to cool the cpu, you aren't hitting those speeds.

my computer that is running 4.5 ghz dosnt need that???? im at 63 vsel so there isnt alot of power to it so that would mean not much heat to generate so my phone is lieing to me?

#24 tyrthas

tyrthas

CassDroid's Personal Stalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Twitter:@tyrthas
  • Google+:Ron Becker
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:24 PM

my computer that is running 4.5 ghz dosnt need that???? im at 63 vsel so there isnt alot of power to it so that would mean not much heat to generate so my phone is lieing to me?

I'm not an expert on this, but... that doesn't seem right... 1.2 stock.. usually you can only up it a couple hundred from my experience. I've overclocked a few phones.

Best I've seen a 1.2 hit was 1.6 or so. And then they ran hot. You can undervolt a phone and that will save battery and keep it a little cooler. I just don't see jumping up by 2.8 without it burning up. Even if you could undervolt it enough chances are you wouldn't be able to use the phone.. it would be way too unstable if you could even get it to boot up completely.

Like I said I'm not an expert. Just speaking from my experiences.

Sent from my AOKP AXI0M [R]

#25 Guest_coryjohn87_*

Guest_coryjohn87_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:29 PM

come to google hanout i can show you wile i use it on cam

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#26 tyrthas

tyrthas

CassDroid's Personal Stalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Twitter:@tyrthas
  • Google+:Ron Becker
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:35 PM

come to google hanout i can show you wile i use it on cam

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

PM me and we can set up a hangout. I have to get up pretty early in the AM. But, I should be free any time after 5pm central. I'll watch what you do and see what we can learn about your possibly amazing phone. :)

Sent from my AOKP AXI0M [R]

#27 RAZRblade

RAZRblade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:30 PM

I'm pretty sure I can hit 2ghz. Cause I do. But at the moment I'm stuck at .4 Max. Don't know how. Cory you know the command to change Max speed. Rebooting and quick clock don't do it

#28 DonDraper

DonDraper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:16 AM

Really cory? You are going to compare your (most likely Intel Sandybridge) desktop cpu to a TI OMAP cpu?

You should definitely post your results on a few of the Gnex overlclocking threads out there. They will be quite "excited" to see your results of 4.0ghz, let alone 2.0ghz... ;)

#29 Guest_coryjohn87_*

Guest_coryjohn87_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:27 AM

Really cory? You are going to compare your (most likely Intel Sandybridge) desktop cpu to a TI OMAP cpu?

You should definitely post your results on a few of the Gnex overlclocking threads out there. They will be quite "excited" to see your results of 4.0ghz, let alone 2.0ghz... ;)

yea why not i have an i7 990 extreme wich is capable of producing alot more heat than my ti omap and there is not to much difference between cell phone cpu an computers so there for i would not have to have it cooled with liquid nitrogen

#30 DarkestSpawn

DarkestSpawn

Tester

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:24 AM

Lets play nice now.
-Beta Mod-
-Grand Master of the Testing-

Posted Image

#31 Guest_coryjohn87_*

Guest_coryjohn87_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:30 AM

Lets play nice now.

i always play nice

#32 DonDraper

DonDraper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:14 AM

Everyone is playing nice - I am not saying anything with a negative tone just to be clear. I am just trying to keep this thread rooted in reality... no pun intended

#33 Guest_coryjohn87_*

Guest_coryjohn87_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:37 AM

Everyone is playing nice - I am not saying anything with a negative tone just to be clear. I am just trying to keep this thread rooted in reality... no pun intended

i wouldn't call your opinion reality......i am skyping with texas instruments tonight so yes i would say that this is you opinion

#34 Z32CM

Z32CM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:20 AM

Uhhhh... If I said I had serious doubts, I would be understating my stance by a million percent.

#35 Guest_coryjohn87_*

Guest_coryjohn87_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:25 AM

Uhhhh... If I said I had serious doubts, I would be understating my stance by a million percent.

Any time you would like to see live proof just let me no!!

#36 benefit14snake

benefit14snake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:28 AM

Any thing is possible with a "golden chip" however, I'm sure you are perfectly aware that if you take your reference clocks too out of whack other stuff will fail. Unless of course it has asynchronous clock speeds capabilities, which would odd considering the normal application. However the 2ghz is certainly believable under the right conditions.Edit: ask my poor old opteron 64 single core. Old girl did 3.4ghz for me at -20c with custom made cooling solution. Think Coleman cooler + window unit AC + aquarium pump with water / anti freeze mix. Good times. 1.8ghz stock.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

#37 Guest_coryjohn87_*

Guest_coryjohn87_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:34 AM

Any thing is possible with a "golden chip" however, I'm sure you are perfectly aware that if you take your reference clocks too out of whack other stuff will fail. Unless of course it has asynchronous clock speeds capabilities, which would odd considering the normal application. However the 2ghz is certainly believable under the right conditions.Edit: ask my poor old opteron 64 single core. Old girl did 3.4ghz for me at -20c with custom made cooling solution. Think Coleman cooler + window unit AC + aquarium pump with water / anti freeze mix. Good times. 1.8ghz stock.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

lol its good to see that there are some people that no what they are talking about i have gotten this up to 4000mhz have even talked to T.I. it is very possible i am not able to get the performance of 4000 due to voltage an heat issues but it is at 4000mhz i can show any one who dose not believe a live videe lol

#38 Z32CM

Z32CM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:31 AM

I will believe this when multiple sources can verify its authenticity. You have to understand our skepticism.

#39 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:56 AM

Just take a quadrant if there's "no reboot". That should calm people's skepticism down.

#40 DroidRazrAZ

DroidRazrAZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Twitter:konellaz
  • Google+:konellaz@gmail.com
  • LocationPDX 2 PHX

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:51 PM

hmm... so.. a friend of a friend of a friend told me... That moto is the one who does not want their bootloaders unlocked. it has nothing to do with vzw ie Nexlame, and the thunderbolt. he also said that the reason is because the bionic and Drazr are the core platforms and completely under powered.. automobile companies do the same - the nissan VQ35 comes in the mini van, mid-sedan, full-dedan, truck, suv, and sports cars.. they all have different horsepower generally upgradeable via a computer hack, or add ons.

I see this very possible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users