#61 nvma92

nvma92

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr (4.1.2)

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:43 AM

There is no going back to ICS. If you are looking for JB root it is in the same Utility I gave you

yea im finding that out. one way or another, there's gotta be a way

#62 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:45 AM

yea im finding that out. one way or another, there's gotta be a way

There is not. This conversation has been had over and over. Some very smart people have tried and failed thanks to Moto's locked bootloader

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#63 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:58 AM

There is not. This conversation has been had over and over. Some very smart people have tried and failed thanks to Moto's locked bootloader

Someone posted that he was able to go back to ICS. Anyone confirmed his findings

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#64 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:59 AM

Someone posted that he was able to go back to ICS. Anyone confirmed his findings

I have not seen a 2nd confirmation yet from that thread. The guy I was talking to had an OG Razr not an HD
  • satman80 and cmh714 like this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#65 Pugz

Pugz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:01 AM

Not sure what the deal is but my phone wont install the update. I temp un-root with vodoo and do the update...tried 2 times now, keeps saying software update failed.

#66 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:02 AM

I have not seen a 2nd confirmation yet from that thread. The guy I was talking to had an OG Razr not an HD

Lmao. So OG RAZR

#67 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:02 AM

Not sure what the deal is but my phone wont install the update. I temp un-root with vodoo and do the update...tried 2 times now, keeps saying software update failed.

Did you remove or freeze bloat

#68 Pugz

Pugz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:03 AM

Did you remove or freeze bloat

Yes I have a ton of bloatware frozen. I need to un-freeze it?

#69 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:03 AM

Actually he does say that he has a droid HD 926 not og RAZR

#70 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:05 AM

Yea, I was waiting for that "next" post.....that probably would say You bricked my phone :)
  • trikotret and livinginkaos like this

#71 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:07 AM

Actually he does say that he has a droid HD 926 not og RAZR

Sorry mix up. Yes the guy who you were talking about has an HD . The guy in this thread nvma92 who I was talking to in my post you first quoted has an OG Razr and wanted to go back to ICS

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#72 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:08 AM

Yea, I was waiting for that "next" post.....that probably would say You bricked my phone :)

Maybe the same person should try again and see if he gets same results

#73 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:27 AM

I was wondering if the update actually applied the first time or if it failed and threw him back on 4.1.1 and he didn't notice.

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#74 Pugz

Pugz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:34 AM

I defrosted the bloatware, un-rooted with voodo....still not installing the update.

#75 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

I defrosted the bloatware, un-rooted with voodo....still not installing the update.

Do you have safestrap installed? If so, you need to uninstall it.

#76 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

I can't update from the file on my SD card. The problem is with my Google Play Music app. Before this, I removed the stock Play Music app and replaced it with the market version (and made it a system app).

When attempting to update, it says:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Can I simply rename the apk file to Music2.apk? Or will I need to use the actual apk that came stock?

EDIT: I tried renaming the system app to Music2.apk and it still failed.

Apply patch confirms SHA-1 sum before patching (I know you learned this already) but for anyone curious, SHOULD you get an assert failed because you're lacking an apk, NO you can't just rename another app Music2.apk (or whatever) as it won't have the matching SHA-1 sum to the original app.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#77 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

We're about to enter interesting territory here as now Moto is going to start shipping Razr HD's WITH this OTA already installed. So anyone looking to buy an HD Razr should be conscious of what shipped system version is on the box BEFORE they have it activated. Should you have a device shipped with this OTA, at the moment, you're SOL if you want to root and flash.

This happened to a lot of people (myself included who had Droid DNA's. I bought a DNA a few weeks ago that was shipped with an older system version. Unlocked, rooted, S-off'd, NO PROBLEM! Well guess what, a few days later when my phone went missing and I had to send away for an Assurion replacement, my new device came with the most recent OTA. Which for the time being isn't even rootable, FORGET Unlockable! Now many people are buying DNA's or getting insurance/warranty replacements WITH this OTA already installed. So while they may have been hunky-dorey...they are now screwed!

Be conscious of this when getting an insurance/warranty replacement OR when buying an HD new, FROM NOW ON. You need to make sure what software is on your device BEFORE you buy it. Because we ALL know how hard it is to get these things rooted. And we ALL know there's really only ONE guy who's proven time and time again to be capable.

Advice: Until we get JB 4.1.2 on the HD rooted, STEER CLEAR of buying a new one, putting in for warranty or submitting and insurance claim (if your phone at least still works or in your possession). You will be an unhappy camper otherwise.
  • neckchop, tucstwo, livinginkaos and 1 other like this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!

#78 megahertz1970

megahertz1970

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Google+:markw4itg@gmail.com
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

I tried to install this in stock recovery and after it does the verify thing it give an error of system/app/Magazine.apk and then a bunch of numbers & letters. Install aborted. Can anyone help?

#79 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

Those of you with A) Concern, B ) Access, and C) Experience with these kinds of root exploits, I invite you please to

for testing. So that hopefully, those who end up with a device that is/may end up updated with this update don't end up 100% SOL.

#80 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:40 AM

Those of you with A) Concern, B ) Access, and C) Experience with these kinds of root exploits, I invite you please to

for testing. So that hopefully, those who end up with a device that is/may end up updated with this update don't end up 100% SOL.

I would but I can't......

RAZR HD Dev

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users