438 replies to this topic

#321 FretNoize

FretNoize

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:45 PM

I think the OP should at least update us on whether the company even agreed to allow a discounted group buy to take place. It would be a real disappointment if after all this waiting nothing dishes out. Maybe i'm just being impatient...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#322 300ZXNA

300ZXNA

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:39 PM

Just received a message from cellphonerepairshop that they have the parts and to send my phone in. :D

What is the turnaround time? If I am only out of my phone a few days, I could probably find a way to make it work. If I have to send it in for a week or longer, that would not work for me.

#323 Turtle

Turtle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationRichmond,IN

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:53 AM

What is the turnaround time? If I am only out of my phone a few days, I could probably find a way to make it work. If I have to send it in for a week or longer, that would not work for me.

Good luck finding anything out. If you want to do it yourself, all you have to do is sign a waver and they will send you the parts. But as far as finding anything about the GB nothing has been said for two Weeks.

Turtle cruzn' on my Droid Razr Hog

#324 con5tant

con5tant

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:52 PM

ordered mine
screw this groupbuy

mods should just change this thread to show where to buy the Maxx battery instead

#325 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:17 AM

ordered mine
screw this groupbuy

mods should just change this thread to show where to buy the Maxx battery instead

it does on first page...does it not?
Sharing da buzz on my crackflashed rzr jimyv

#326 orateam

orateam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:59 AM

Is the groupbuy still on? If not, i want to know so i can order the kit from them.

#327 tech_head

tech_head

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:31 AM

I would say, if you want it. Buy it.
I waited two rounds of them having inventory and missed both while waiting for the group buy.
If I had just followed my instinct, my Razr would be upgraded already.

I ordered last week. Forget the GB.

#328 con5tant

con5tant

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:49 PM

it does on first page...does it not?

uhh yea

pls re-read what i wrote

#329 orateam

orateam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:32 AM

I would say, if you want it. Buy it.
I waited two rounds of them having inventory and missed both while waiting for the group buy.
If I had just followed my instinct, my Razr would be upgraded already.

I ordered last week. Forget the GB.

I'd like to buy it, but a group buy of 100+ folks could bring that price to $60-$70. At least that's why i've seen in gadgets in group buys in the past. I just did a group buy on the mercedes forum for new nav discs. Retail they are $325, our group buy got real ones (not copies) for $150.

another group buy done on another forum was for sony aibo clones the icubot. we got them for $78 each.

So i'm expecting this to be just as discounted. Hopefully.

#330 Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:28 AM

This thread needs a new name since there isn't really a group buy..and never was....its too bad ppl waited for something that was just a good intention and little more.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#331 tech_head

tech_head

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:43 AM

I'd like to buy it, but a group buy of 100+ folks could bring that price to $60-$70. At least that's why i've seen in gadgets in group buys in the past. I just did a group buy on the mercedes forum for new nav discs. Retail they are $325, our group buy got real ones (not copies) for $150.

another group buy done on another forum was for sony aibo clones the icubot. we got them for $78 each.

So i'm expecting this to be just as discounted. Hopefully.

But there is an opportunity cost (Econ Class reference). How much is it worth to have it now vs have it later?
Keep in mind that later is indefinite and may never come. You may wait and still pay full price.
I don't think a GB is going to cut it in half.
They have enough demand to sell out at the price they have advertised.
Why discount, when the buyers are coming anyway?

#332 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Google+:shizumie@gmail.com
  • LocationHortens, Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:30 PM

But there is an opportunity cost (Econ Class reference). How much is it worth to have it now vs have it later?
Keep in mind that later is indefinite and may never come. You may wait and still pay full price.
I don't think a GB is going to cut it in half.
They have enough demand to sell out at the price they have advertised.
Why discount, when the buyers are coming anyway?

Agree. A group buy may happen, and may save us a chunk O $ . However i dont see them taking a cut and loss right now when they are selling out pre-orders within a few days.

I am :ph34r: fear my blade!

Posted Image

#333 Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:45 PM

Group buys only work when both parties can get something out of it.. What is in it for the seller... Apparently nothing because they can't get enough supply of product now why would they want to give a huge discount when there is already a shortage on the supply side... Once the majority of people get their kit and they have a good inventory of parts I'm sure they will have an incentive to lower the price or offer a discounted group price. I understand they are in business to make money and since people are buying them faster than I can get them ...they have to make hay while the sun is shining.

#334 FretNoize

FretNoize

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:17 PM

I'm quickly losing faith in this group buy. I PM'd the original poster and got absolutely NO response. This is turning out to be a huge April fools joke... Except its already May. Really, how long does it take to get a "discount structure"?? It's been almost 2 months and we got nothing. I say, if you really want to get this kit, just order it direct and screw this group buy that was set up by someone who doesn't have the decency to respond with any updates and keep people hanging. He seems to be active in other posts of this forum, but not this one. Don't hold your breath!

#335 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:23 AM

I'm quickly losing faith in this group buy. I PM'd the original poster and got absolutely NO response. This is turning out to be a huge April fools joke... Except its already May. Really, how long does it take to get a "discount structure"?? It's been almost 2 months and we got nothing. I say, if you really want to get this kit, just order it direct and screw this group buy that was set up by someone who doesn't have the decency to respond with any updates and keep people hanging. He seems to be active in other posts of this forum, but not this one. Don't hold your breath!

Have faith! People are busy. How do you know it's the OP ignoring us? Maybe the company is ignoring him? Too many variables that could be happening right now. Also, he said he would update everyone when he actually had something, apparently he doesn't yet.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

#336 tech_head

tech_head

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:14 PM

I'd say cut the guy some slack.
I went and bought the kit because the probability of a group buy soon was slim.
I don't fault the OP. When a company can sell all the can handle retail, there is no motivation to discount.
They do have a buy in bulk option for some of the items required to do the conversion.
  • Buy 3 - 9 and get 5% off
  • Buy 10 - 24 and get 10% off
  • Buy 25 - 49 and get 15% off
  • Buy 50 - 99 and get 20% off
  • Buy 100 or above and get 25% off
So the question is, how long are you willing to wait to get one of these discounts?
Me, not any longer. I'd rather have it soon vs. wait to get 25% at some later date.

#337 Turtle

Turtle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationRichmond,IN

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:14 PM

Have faith! People are busy. How do you know it's the OP ignoring us? Maybe the company is ignoring him? Too many variables that could be happening right now. Also, he said he would update everyone when he actually had something, apparently he doesn't yet.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

Is this the same spc hicks that I've grown to enjoy ranting and raving?? What happened dude did some one give you some Paxil ( I take it for road rage ) ? I have to say it is a change for the good. Just wish someone knew something ( GB ).

#338 uberbdon

uberbdon

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:58 PM

Have faith! People are busy. How do you know it's the OP ignoring us?

...because he's active in other threads and ignoring this one... I say if you want the conversion kit, buy it yourself. The group buy isn't happening.

#339 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:39 PM

Is this the same spc hicks that I've grown to enjoy ranting and raving?? What happened dude did some one give you some Paxil ( I take it for road rage ) ? I have to say it is a change for the good. Just wish someone knew something ( GB ).

Lol same person. Just sometimes you have to take a step back and look outside the box haha. I still rant and rave all the time, I just don't let too many people see it anymore lol.

...because he's active in other threads and ignoring this one... I say if you want the conversion kit, buy it yourself. The group buy isn't happening.

Since you didn't quote my entire post, I will assume you didn't read it all. Maybe the COMPANY hasn't responded to HIM. He said there would be an update when he gets something back from them. My guess is that it's the company and not the OP.

#340 FretNoize

FretNoize

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:45 PM

It makes no business sense for that company to allow a group buy at this point in time since the kit is flying off the shelves at the current price. As stated in a previous post, they are in it to make $$$. They can't even keep up with the pre-orders.

Yes, the possibility exists that they may allow a GB in the future as sales decline. But until that time, don't hold your breath. Personally, I didn't mind waiting as long as I was made to believe that something will eventually materialize. But to expect people to wait blindly without regular updates is just not right at best and deceitful at worst.

So here's the questions:
1. Is this GB going to happen at all?
2. If so, when??? Days, Weeks, months??
3. How much of a discount after all is said and done???
4. Is the wait worth the headaches?

So so long "SoLongSideKick", we hardly knew ya!

I had enough if this uncertainty. Count me out!!!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users