#341 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:57 AM

I don't believe this company has actually shipped any of these kits yet. I find it odd that there are zero reviews and no one on the forums has mentioned a successful conversion.

#342 chrisngrod

chrisngrod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:04 AM

^ I get that feeling.

Seriously check your local Craigslist like I mentioned in an earlier post.  I've found a gem here and there going for 300 bucks.  For that much you can sell a good condition Razr and hardly lose any money.

Titanium backup will help you keep everything...
ICS RAZR on Cricket Wireless | ICS RAZR MAXX on Verizon | Galaxy Nexus on Verizon | iPhone 4 on Cricket Wireless | HTC One X LTE AT&T

#343 FretNoize

FretNoize

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:16 PM

I don't believe this company has actually shipped any of these kits yet. I find it odd that there are zero reviews and no one on the forums has mentioned a successful conversion.

I find it odd too. So I asked the company directly and here is their response:

"Yes we have shipped many of them already and have also performed many conversions at our national repair center. Everything is working perfectly after the conversion."

#344 etrorteepe

etrorteepe

Not a Belieber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 5

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:12 PM

Ill post once I do the conversion. Parts aren't due to me until end of may. I've already read a warning by someone that said you should use a heat gun on the back before prying it off.

#345 uberbdon

uberbdon

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

Since you didn't quote my entire post, I will assume you didn't read it all. Maybe the COMPANY hasn't responded to HIM. He said there would be an update when he gets something back from them. My guess is that it's the company and not the OP.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

All I was getting at is wether the company is replying to him or not, an update is what people want. An update from the person that was supposed to be organizing the group buy.

#346 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:52 PM

Or a well warmed phone. The back is Very flexible and thin but the sides will kink and nt make a reusable part after removed. Unless warmed slightly around battery area and lightly picked from anchors. Ive worked from top to bottom holding battery in phone slowly working thin back away. Larger hooks on bottom..start assembly of back in reverse bottom hooks i first evenly work. Towards top ..watch u tube clip but they make it look lot easier just because that phone has been ripped apart multiple times and the adhesive on center part has weaked..also on upper bezel removal bezel will break in thin bluish bezel around lens if not careful.
Sharing da buzz on my crackflashed rzr jimyv

#347 etrorteepe

etrorteepe

Not a Belieber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 5

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:20 PM

I haven't found a good YouTube clip yet that looks like it was a first time tear down.

#348 kbuck13

kbuck13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:57 PM

I haven't found a good YouTube clip yet that looks like it was a first time tear down.

I believe that they have a video on there site.

#349 kbuck13

kbuck13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:04 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Not sure if I can post links but try this.

#350 larry7898

larry7898

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:25 PM

I ordered a kit when it was first posted. They sent mine on the 30th of april so they really are shipping them. i was out of town til today. i just installed mine works perfect but i would suggest also ordering the bluish bezel around the camera. I ordered it just incase glad i did because it is very easy to break and i did break mine. Follow the video on their site and you shound'nt have any problems.

#351 utekking

utekking

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:40 PM

That bezel doesn't have an order option at the moment......
Droid Razr upgraded to Maxx!!!

#352 larry7898

larry7898

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:44 PM

check the one for the og razr its the exact same piece

#353 utekking

utekking

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:13 PM

I believe its the same, but different P/n and different price. Odd.....
Droid Razr upgraded to Maxx!!!

#354 bbvd

bbvd

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:17 AM

If this is still going on I am definitely in.

#355 tech_head

tech_head

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:25 PM

Just cancelled my pre-order.
Verizon killing unlimited data for new subsidized phones means I might as well buy a Razr Maxx and burn one of the two upgrades on my account.
I'll be selling an OG Razr is a few days. *SIGH* I won't be buying another subsidized phone. I can't give up my unlimited.

#356 chrisngrod

chrisngrod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:37 PM

^ I wouldn't be so sure that they will kill 4G microsims.

For everyone else, so much time has gone by. I can't believe that you aren't buying sub 300-350 RAZR MAXXs off of Craigslist and selling your own. Whatever. Spend more and take time doing the install.

I do a lot of install/tweaking videos on Youtube, but when it comes down to being more expensive and time consuming going the long way... I have to just ask why.
ICS RAZR on Cricket Wireless | ICS RAZR MAXX on Verizon | Galaxy Nexus on Verizon | iPhone 4 on Cricket Wireless | HTC One X LTE AT&T

#357 bbvd

bbvd

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:53 PM

#1 Verizon can't change your plan even after the contact express, I've been off the contract for a year without a problem

#2 you can activate the GSM radio on the RAZR so it works with the AT&T and T-Mobile networks. Tmobile has a $50 unlimited everything plan.

#3 where are you finding sub $300 MAXXs... if people believe that, then I have a Manhattan end of the Brooklyn bridge to sell to you.

#358 Jimmy8881

Jimmy8881

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:58 PM

#1 Verizon can't change your plan even after the contact express, I've been off the contract for a year without a problem

#2 you can activate the GSM radio on the RAZR so it works with the AT&T and T-Mobile networks. Tmobile has a $50 unlimited everything plan.

#3 where are you finding sub $300 MAXXs... if people believe that, then I have a Manhattan end of the Brooklyn bridge to sell to you.

any tutorials on how to activate the GSM radio ? i thought there was a hardware difference between the GSM and CDMA phones ?

#359 bbvd

bbvd

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:00 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#360 bbvd

bbvd

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:03 PM

LTE is a GSM based technology, hence the Sim card... They just decided not to activate the 3g radios to prevent people from going over to competition... If you look at motorola specs out shows the gsm band range

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users