438 replies to this topic

#361 chrisngrod

chrisngrod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:07 PM

Sub 350 more like it.... Purchased one Craigslist San Antonio and two were available (only got one) in Austin Craigslist.

300 was brand new in box.
325 and 345 came in box and were activated on 4/2. The one they didn't sell to me went on eBay for 400. Great people. Retired Army guy and wife.

Again I purchased two out of three of these devices I'm talking about.

If you are willing to send your end of the bridge for the same price as one of these RAZR MAXXs, you can have it. Actually thinking of selling one of them. Girl wants a 4S, but we are worried that when Verizon burns her microsim.... We will never get unlimited data back.
ICS RAZR on Cricket Wireless | ICS RAZR MAXX on Verizon | Galaxy Nexus on Verizon | iPhone 4 on Cricket Wireless | HTC One X LTE AT&T

#362 Mazler420

Mazler420

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationButler, PA

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:10 PM

Just cancelled my pre-order.
Verizon killing unlimited data for new subsidized phones means I might as well buy a Razr Maxx and burn one of the two upgrades on my account.
I'll be selling an OG Razr is a few days. *SIGH* I won't be buying another subsidized phone. I can't give up my unlimited.

If Im not mistaken the part about upgrading now will work for the next 2 years. But I'm pretty sure Verizon is covering all there bases with this "Kill unlimited data" crusade and once your contract expires they force to change over to a family share plan or something like that so they can put a leash on you...

#363 bbvd

bbvd

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:40 PM

They can't force you to change your plan... Plus if they do go to sprint or anyone else with your RAZR and get on the monthly plan. Your phone, once unlocked will work on any carrier

#364 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationIowa. Close to the University of Iowa.

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:48 PM

How can you unlock your phone?

I have Moto Razr....I will cut you.
To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

#365 bbvd

bbvd

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

I posted a link to it on the previous page

#366 chrisngrod

chrisngrod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

Don't have the phone on their database and then you have to get nice and illegal and use a donor phone (Sprint). Go to Cricket and lose 4G (plus highest data plan is 1GB/month unless you use a proxy on the 45 dollar plan... which is a little slower than unproxied 3G speeds).

For GSM, there are threads about it, but I'm not too sure if they've gotten everything to work properly.
ICS RAZR on Cricket Wireless | ICS RAZR MAXX on Verizon | Galaxy Nexus on Verizon | iPhone 4 on Cricket Wireless | HTC One X LTE AT&T

#367 Mazler420

Mazler420

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationButler, PA

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:56 PM

They can't force you to change your plan... Plus if they do go to sprint or anyone else with your RAZR and get on the monthly plan. Your phone, once unlocked will work on any carrier

Is it really so hard to believe that you wake up one day with an email on your phone saying something like "your current Plan is being discontinued and if you wish to continue with us please stop in a local verizon store to re-up?" Maybe im wrong but im also pretty sure they never killed a data plan before till now so you cant say for sure what there going do. But with this new plan I kinda think its obvious they want everyone off unlimited.

#368 chrisngrod

chrisngrod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:58 PM

From what I read, I think they mainly want the old 3G people off that network since they have more bandwidth available with LTE....

#369 Mazler420

Mazler420

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationButler, PA

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:35 PM

From what I read, I think they mainly want the old 3G people off that network since they have more bandwidth available with LTE....

If thats what there doing I didnt pick up on it from this cnet article.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#370 chrisngrod

chrisngrod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:39 PM

Yeah looks like they want everyone off. Pretty stupid because I commit myself personally to my own fair usage policy. Still use wifi when available.

I wonder how they will implement this and if any opportunities for breaking service without ETF will come up.

#371 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:27 PM

Yeah looks like they want everyone off. Pretty stupid because I commit myself personally to my own fair usage policy. Still use wifi when available.

I wonder how they will implement this and if any opportunities for breaking service without ETF will come up.

Only way to avoid it is to go month to month. Or buy phones at full retail. Only way to keep unlimited.

Let's stay on topic please.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

#372 300ZXNA

300ZXNA

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:59 PM

Well, I dropped my razr today and the screen is completely toast. Not sure what I am going to do with it, but safe to say I am out of the group buy should it ever happen.

#373 orateam

orateam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:35 AM

Just cancelled my pre-order.
Verizon killing unlimited data for new subsidized phones means I might as well buy a Razr Maxx and burn one of the two upgrades on my account.
I'll be selling an OG Razr is a few days. *SIGH* I won't be buying another subsidized phone. I can't give up my unlimited.

There is no subsidizing. When you do a contract, you pay for your phone, just in installments and with a fee. I've had 3 phones over the last 1 1/2 years unsubsidized. The only negative is i can't buy a new phone because the cost is unusually high.

For example, a month ago, every nexus was $700 on ebay or $299 "subsidized". Wait 30 days and

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

$360. You can now own this phone for 8 months or so, and change it up again and again. new owners and 'subsidized' contract holders ate all of the cost up for me. I will be able to sell this phone for $250 easy losing only $100. Doing this annually gets me about a new phone every 8-10 months at a cost of $100-$150 (loss value) . DO the math :) it's fun to see the costs.

#374 TopherRZ

TopherRZ

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:44 AM

Let's stay on topic please.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

What he said.
*Only four iPh0n3s were hurt in the making of this post*

#375 chrisngrod

chrisngrod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:37 AM

Yeah it was a thread drift.

Back on topic.

Group buy is dead.

#376 jar3624

jar3624

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:38 PM

instead of buying the Maxx conversion kit (i was charged $135 on my cc and I'm still waiting for the parts to arrive) a better and faster option is to

sell your droid razr
- can sell it back to verizon. they'll buy it for $150
- sell it on ebay, used droid razrs are asking $250

reup on for another 2 years with verizon and buy a subsidized Droid razr Maxx phone for $200.

this will cost you an extra $50(or you can make money on the deal if you get a good price on ebay) and the time to setup/config your new phone (root phone, install your apps ...)

#377 tech_head

tech_head

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:46 PM

Picking up my Razr Maxx tomorrow. Sell Razr on eBay on Tuesday.

#378 chrisngrod

chrisngrod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:58 PM

Finally people going the sell buy/buy sell method. How easy was that to assemble? :D

#379 Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:19 AM

instead of buying the Maxx conversion kit (i was charged $135 on my cc and I'm still waiting for the parts to arrive) a better and faster option is to

sell your droid razr
- can sell it back to verizon. they'll buy it for $150
- sell it on ebay, used droid razrs are asking $250

reup on for another 2 years with verizon and buy a subsidized Droid razr Maxx phone for $200.

this will cost you an extra $50(or you can make money on the deal if you get a good price on ebay) and the time to setup/config your new phone (root phone, install your apps ...)

Why waste an upgrade on an identical phone with a bigger battery .. a phone that's been around 6 months already... an eternity in Android and with Motorola...if your going to use an upgrade... buy an iPhone 4s 16g online for 199 with BS fee it'll be 230 to your door...... when it comes do not activate it...sell it for 450- 500..then buy the overpriced battery kit and pocket 100...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#380 chrisngrod

chrisngrod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:21 AM

Well I wouldn't waste the upgrade on it. That's why I sold my phone for 250 and picked up a brand new one for 300 on CL.

So I spent fifty on an upgrade.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users