438 replies to this topic

#401 utekking

utekking

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:55 PM

I don't think these kits were ever available

Bought and installed. Very happy I bought the kit!!!!
Droid Razr upgraded to Maxx!!!

#402 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:30 AM

Bought and installed. Very happy I bought the kit!!!!

I think you're the first that has posted that they've received. Congrats. Every time I checked the website, the date kept pushing back.

#403 FretNoize

FretNoize

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:13 AM

I finally received my kit with free upgraded fedex shipping last Friday. My order was placed back in the beginning of May and I called them a couple of times to check the status. They told me that they had most of the parts in stock except one (the battery), so they were waiting for their suppliers from China. The dates keep changing due to this and it's only for new orders placed, not if you're already on the waiting list. They process orders on a first come first served basis.

I notice that when I ordered the kit, it was $109, but I see that they have steadily increased the price due to demand. This is why I don't think this "group buy" will ever take place. They can't even keep up with all the orders at their current price, so why would they offer a group purchase? Like I said in my earlier post - don't hold your breath for a group buy and the OP should probably throw in the towel at this point or at least comment to all the people waiting around.

I Installed the kit by closely following their video and now I am rocking a Razr Maxx! Couldn't be happier. :)

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

#404 Sgerena

Sgerena

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:27 AM

Im in too, really need that bigger battery

#405 cardidark09

cardidark09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Twitter:cardi4life

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:38 PM

I need to order one i took my back plate off with my nails starting from the top by the camera. I had to use an old usb to hook the wires to the battery post to simulate a factory cable

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#406 armandopinheiro

armandopinheiro

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Google+:armandopinheiro

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:03 AM

Hello, I would like to join the buying group. How will it work? By the way, I'm from Brazil

#407 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:18 AM

There is no buying group. If you want it, my advice is to order it
  • armandopinheiro likes this

#408 con5tant

con5tant

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:03 AM

How nice of the moderator to keep us updated and informed on this

LOLOL JK

#409 utekking

utekking

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:21 AM

How nice of the moderator to keep us updated and informed on this

LOLOL JK

If you have been watching Cellphone repairs website, they can't keep it in stock at full price. No way in hell they would do a group buy yet.

#410 chrisngrod

chrisngrod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:29 PM

You guys must by die hard DIYers. RAZR MAXX isn't that hard to come by these days.
ICS RAZR on Cricket Wireless | ICS RAZR MAXX on Verizon | Galaxy Nexus on Verizon | iPhone 4 on Cricket Wireless | HTC One X LTE AT&T

#411 utekking

utekking

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:56 PM

I didn't want to take a chance and get a phone that may have something wrong. My phone has had no issues so for me that would make sense to upgrade it.

Plus my job has me fixing machines and electronics all the time so again it was just so some easy to do. Work in the semiconductor industry.....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#412 chrisngrod

chrisngrod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:04 PM

I got 2 brand new MAXXs in April for 300. They were brand new so if they had issues that would be strange. Plus I could always SBF them. Upgraded them to ICS way back then, but now I have an S3. This thing just took too long to get off the ground. With all the ones "flying off the shelves" it was a little surprising that only a handful of people chimed in here.

I am a DIYer in a lot of respects, but when it almost costs me more to do an upgrade.... That's when I rather just buy the finished product.
ICS RAZR on Cricket Wireless | ICS RAZR MAXX on Verizon | Galaxy Nexus on Verizon | iPhone 4 on Cricket Wireless | HTC One X LTE AT&T

#413 JJT211

JJT211

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:58 AM

Where did you find 2 maxx's for 300? If could could find that kind of deal i would've done the same....

#414 chrisngrod

chrisngrod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:40 AM

Where did you find 2 maxx's for 300? If could could find that kind of deal i would've done the same....

The almighty list of craigs. Of course it does matter what geographical location you're in. This was back in April. Just missed a third one as well. Two different sellers.. My perfect condition MAXX with ZAGG only went for 280. It was listed for 300 for a while.

#415 fenwayfan1

fenwayfan1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:torifan1

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:47 PM

I'm in please get this price lowered!

#416 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:20 PM

I'm in please get this price lowered!

There is no group buy.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

#417 JJT211

JJT211

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:49 PM

I ordered my Conversion kit on June 27th and it arrived on July 31st like they originally had quoted.

Just FYI....yes the ship dates change but thats for NEW orders....not one you had already placed....the date they quote when u order is the only one you need to worry about...

Anyways, installation took a bit but wasnt that bad at all....just make sure you have the correct tools....and i just ordered the new bezel mount as opposed to grinding down the old one....was def worth it IMO

But FINALLY got around today to installing the kit on my Razr today....as I thought I had the tools on hand (T3) but had to order them seprately from elsewhere....

Now im officially MAXXED!

#418 sporttster

sporttster

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:13 PM

Ordered mine and got it last week, put it in yesterday. It's a bit tricky but it works and the phone info now says 'Razr Maxx'. I'm Maxxed!!! Got a new case for it too, the Verizon clamshell. Gotta sell my old one now.

#419 bweaver11b

bweaver11b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationState College
  • Current Device(s):Droid Turbo, Droid Maxx, Droid Xyboard 10.1

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:58 AM

Just placed an order for one....2 day fedex....keeping fingers crossed...razrmaxxx

#420 JJT211

JJT211

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:59 AM

Oh cool....looks like they have a bunch in stock and you dont have to wait for a shipment....must be nice LOL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users