ajenner28

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationFL
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:40 PM

Mine came with a kit from Amazon and it was crap. Two phones later and its ruined but its only plastic anyway. They run for like a dollar or two on amazon or the website with the conversion kit has one too.

#383 tech_head

tech_head

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:02 PM

Why waste an upgrade on an identical phone with a bigger battery .. a phone that's been around 6 months already... an eternity in Android and with Motorola...if your going to use an upgrade... buy an iPhone 4s 16g online for 199 with BS fee it'll be 230 to your door...... when it comes do not activate it...sell it for 450- 500..then buy the overpriced battery kit and pocket 100...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

If they weren't going to dump unlimited data I wouldn't have burned the upgrade. Your presumption of me wanting to go through the hassle of selling an iPhone, etc, etc, is worth $200 or so bucks. It isn't. Here in California, you get taxed on the full retail value so it's more like $290 out the door. Your math is also flawed.
The upgrade kit is about $160, shipped to do it right. I know, I was on the list and I cancelled the order. So $290 + $160 = $450 which is about what I would get for the iPhone so, it doesn't make a lot of sense.

So I can go through the all the hassle and still be break even. DOH!

#384 FretNoize

FretNoize

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:05 PM

$300 on CL?? Brand new?? You lucked out because those are few and far between.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#385 chrisngrod

chrisngrod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:16 PM

Yep.. Plastic and all.

There have been at least 3 between 325-350 that weren't brand new but had boxes and good shape as well. 2 flawless.
  • TBouds likes this
ICS RAZR on Cricket Wireless | ICS RAZR MAXX on Verizon | Galaxy Nexus on Verizon | iPhone 4 on Cricket Wireless | HTC One X LTE AT&T

#386 tech_head

tech_head

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:42 AM

Sold my Razr today for $300.
My Razr MAxx on the burned upgrade was $199 + tax + $30 ripoff fee.

#387 Mick

Mick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ/Santa Paula, CA

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:17 AM

I'm IN, keep me posted on availability.

#388 Justabajabum

Justabajabum

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:22 AM

Hmm. I called Verizon on Wednesday...told them I wasn't thrilled with the battery life of my Razr. Told them I had seen reports online of others complaining to the FCC. The verizon rep then put me on hold for a couple minutes, came back on, and asked if I would be interested in upgrading from my my Razr to the Maxx for $50...no plan changes...just basically pay them the difference in cost of phones. I agreed and Maxx is on way, after which, I am to send the Razr I have had for 6 months back to them...

Seems better that buying a kit for $100+ and doing it myself eh? :-)

Your mileage may vary....

#389 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:06 AM

I'm out... got my MAXX for free ;-)

Sent from the cutting edge of my RAZR

#390 tech_head

tech_head

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:51 PM

Hmm. I called Verizon on Wednesday...told them I wasn't thrilled with the battery life of my Razr. Told them I had seen reports online of others complaining to the FCC. The verizon rep then put me on hold for a couple minutes, came back on, and asked if I would be interested in upgrading from my my Razr to the Maxx for $50...no plan changes...just basically pay them the difference in cost of phones. I agreed and Maxx is on way, after which, I am to send the Razr I have had for 6 months back to them...

Good Job!!!

I burned an upgrade that was toast anyway after they go to shared data.
Maxx cost and what I was able to sell my Razr for was about the same. So for me it was completely free..

#391 con5tant

con5tant

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:17 PM

has anyone received their upgrade kit from cell-phone-repairshop yet...? it said shipping May 30th...

#392 jwheeler73

jwheeler73

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:28 AM

Check the order page. They changed the ship date to late June. Think I'm going to cancel my order and put the money toward a SGS3.
Also, went into my local Verizon store over the weekend and tried to get the $50 upgrade to the Maxx and was told they couldn't do anything and to buy a portable battery charger if my battery life was too short.

#393 MkVsTheWorld

MkVsTheWorld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Twitter:MkVsTheWorld
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:14 AM

Sorry for this rant:

I had a Droid Razr that I was going to upgrade to a Maxx but it really isn't worth the hassle. Cell-phone-repairshop is the only legitimate place that I could find that had all the parts to do such an upgrade and they are sold out until late June, which is a date that has already changed several times. The other alternative is to buy a bad Razr Maxx and salvage the parts for the swap. But then I would need to sell a regular Droid Razr on eBay and hope that I could get close to what I want for it to make this even economical. I abandoned this idea...

I think after the Droid Razr Maxx has been surpassed and adequate time has passed, getting the parts to upgrade a Droid Razr to a Maxx be economical. But, when that time arrives, will upgrading the battery even be worth it if the phone is no longer supported by Motorola, developers, etc.?

My advice would be to file a complaint with the FCC and speak with Verizon Wireless on the phone and say what others have said. Point out how you are a good (assuming you have been current on all bills and not delinquent) Verizon Wireless customer and that you are not happy with the performance of your device. Point out how you cannot use the phone that much and utilize all of Verizon's great LTE service (yes talk them up a little). But, that the battery life is just not acceptable for what you are paying for and that you are aware of complaints with the FCC. Press on them and persist until you get an inexpensive option to upgrade to a Droid Razr Maxx. If you talk to a supervisor and they don't budge. Call back another day and do the same spiel. Someone will eventually cave. Note: going into a Verizon Wireless store of any type will get you no where, they are only in the business of getting you to buy a new phone or accessories.
  • LGeX and flukeshot like this
Run for your health, run for the rush, run for charity. Sign up for a race near you, you can do it!

#394 Turtle

Turtle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationRichmond,IN

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:07 PM

Who did you talk to, customer service, tech support, or what?

#395 LGeX

LGeX

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Twitter:ExCalibur_XV
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:49 PM

Gonna call tomorrow and see what happens. :D

#396 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:05 AM

Ordered mine, thought about it and decided to cancel. No problems. They put my money back. Took about 7 business days, but no hassles in cancelling with them.

I rushed to get this upgrade and the realized that my 2-year warranty I purchased after getting my phone on ebay would be null and void if I opened the phone and broke it. Decided it was best to just stick with what I've got. Battery life isn't all THAT bad. About the same as my extended battery I had on my Droid X2, but at least I have a phone that actually performs well.

Still, appreciate what the OP was offering to do and like that cellphone repair shop is even offering the parts and service (if you want it).

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#397 Turtle

Turtle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationRichmond,IN

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:34 PM

I'm out, found a max yeeeehhhaaaaa!

Turtle cruzn' on my Droid Razr Hog

#398 Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:25 PM

These kits should be well under 100 now...Im going to the S3 next week...will be able to carry a spare battery then..problem finally solved ..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#399 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:58 PM

I don't think these kits were ever available

#400 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:14 PM

I don't think these kits were ever available

The ones on the actual website were available, lots of people bought them.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users