Busted Lcd Screen!

LCD Broke Broken Screen Droid Razr Glass Fix Crack Help

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:27 PM

Haven't heard anything from Blake about it in a very very long time.

They are still on pre-order though.

"THIS PRODUCT IS CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK. WE ARE ACCEPTING PRE-ORDERS WHICH ARE ESTIMATED TO SHIP ON Jun 29, 2012"

Well looks like they will be pushing them out. I will send out a few emails and see if we can get a group rate and many even ask them to run a contest,here on DR, to give a few away.

#22 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:35 PM

Well looks like they will be pushing them out. I will send out a few emails and see if we can get a group rate and many even ask them to run a contest,here on DR, to give a few away.

That would be completely awesome! Thank you so much DDX! Oh hey I meant to ask about that script, have you had a chance to look into it yet?

#23 imandroid

imandroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Twitter:imandroid11

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:49 AM

So shattered my screen LCD is fine glass is f******* would love to get it fixed or may do insurance hit me up please !!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#24 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:11 PM

So shattered my screen LCD is fine glass is f******* would love to get it fixed or may do insurance hit me up please !!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Yea I'm waiting on a reply from a few vendors. Ingoing to buy like 20 and offer the service here on DR. My goal is to include the screen and repair + shipping it back to you for under 100 bucks. I mean anyone can do a insurance claim but your getting a refurbed device. So i will ley you no within the next day or two. Unless you find one i can swap it out and fix it for you asap. Its up to you.

Also im in the process of getting DR to sell the Conversion kits also guys. Just be patient.

#25 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:16 PM

Yea I'm waiting on a reply from a few vendors. Ingoing to buy like 20 and offer the service here on DR. My goal is to include the screen and repair + shipping it back to you for under 100 bucks. I mean anyone can do a insurance claim but your getting a refurbed device. So i will ley you no within the next day or two. Unless you find one i can swap it out and fix it for you asap. Its up to you.

Also im in the process of getting DR to sell the Conversion kits also guys. Just be patient.

Wow. I'd be in like Flynn for that price!

#26 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:17 PM

o yea this is not my first rodeo :P

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

881.71KB   19 downloads

#27 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:20 PM

Excellent news!! Thanks DDX, hope it pans out.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#28 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:50 PM

o yea this is not my first rodeo

881.71KB   19 downloads

I admire your skillz. When you find a vendor, I think I'd prefer you operate on my maxx.

This was 1st and final rodeo...my heart broke a little just like the LCD.

67.87KB   15 downloads

#29 Odiej34

Odiej34

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Twitter:Odiej34
  • LocationTucson AZ

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:45 PM

WoW. I used to think GG was indestructable. Guess I will baby mine a little more. :)

#30 JSiNeM

JSiNeM

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:23 PM

Hear back from any vendors yet? The wife cracked hers and I'd hate to pay Moto $180 to repair it when I can pay someone from the community!

#31 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:40 PM

Hear back from any vendors yet? The wife cracked hers and I'd hate to pay Moto $180 to repair it when I can pay someone from the community!

I've found nothing in stock yet

#32 Guest_R3Ds_*

Guest_R3Ds_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:44 PM

I had similar problem with one of my rarz phones. You can try this

before you tell them is broke. If you get it wait a day or 2 then call it in as a damage. New phone for around $100.

R3Ds Themes

#33 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:56 PM

I had similar problem with one of my rarz phones. You can try this

before you tell them is broke. If you get it wait a day or 2 then call it in as a damage. New phone for around $100.

R3Ds Themes

That ended April 30th. I'd get insurance on the used phone if I could for peace of mind but I talked to a Verizon manager and he doesn't expect another open enrollment period like this last one.

I'll eat the cost but still have to wait on parts.

#34 JSiNeM

JSiNeM

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:56 PM

Doesn't it say March 1 - April 30th 2012?

#35 MkVsTheWorld

MkVsTheWorld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Twitter:MkVsTheWorld
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:35 AM

In case you need the display repaired soon. Motorola will also repair the display. They charge $125 plus tax. I don't think I had to pay shipping as a separate cost.

If the link below doesn't work, Google "Droid Razr Out Of Warranty" and it's one of the first hits.
Run for your health, run for the rush, run for charity. Sign up for a race near you, you can do it!

#36 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:28 AM

In case you need the display repaired soon. Motorola will also repair the display. They charge $125 plus tax. I don't think I had to pay shipping as a separate cost.

If the link below doesn't work, Google "Droid Razr Out Of Warranty" and it's one of the first hits.

That actually isn't a bad price if its inclusive of parts and labor. I'm checking into this. Thanks

#37 jb_alphamale

jb_alphamale

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:41 AM

Bad luck. :unsure:

#38 JSiNeM

JSiNeM

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:43 PM

I already looked into Motorola's repair costs before I posted here. Breaking the LCD screen is considered Physical Damage, and does NOT fall under the Display Replacement category for $125. Physical Damage costs $159, and there is a $20 shipping/handling cost, bringing the total to $179.
That's why I love the idea of having someone from the community earn money from doing repairs, even if it costs me about the same, so at least the money is going to a fellow Android enthusiast and not Motorola (who I feel doesn't deserve another dime from me).

#39 MkVsTheWorld

MkVsTheWorld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Twitter:MkVsTheWorld
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:26 PM

I already looked into Motorola's repair costs before I posted here. Breaking the LCD screen is considered Physical Damage, and does NOT fall under the Display Replacement category for $125. Physical Damage costs $159, and there is a $20 shipping/handling cost, bringing the total to $179.
That's why I love the idea of having someone from the community earn money from doing repairs, even if it costs me about the same, so at least the money is going to a fellow Android enthusiast and not Motorola (who I feel doesn't deserve another dime from me).

Actually, I went through the process myself and only paid $125 plus taxes for a cracked display. That included everything to fix the display. Read this on the site:

*Note: The Display only repair covers damage to the display or lens only.

Any repairable damage to the device outside of the display or lens would be covered under the Out Of Warranty repair fee..

Run for your health, run for the rush, run for charity. Sign up for a race near you, you can do it!

#40 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:53 PM

Sorry guys I have been super busy I have a few vendors I can get these from. This weekend I will be putting things into motion so by Monday I will have the service available.

Thanks for your patience.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LCD, Broke, Broken, Screen, Droid, Razr, Glass, Fix, Crack, Help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users