Photo

[UNLOCK] How to Unlock Your Bootloader [Atrix HD/RAZR HD/RAZR M ONLY!]

bootloader how to unlock atrix bootloader unlock droid razr hd unlock droid razr m unlock unlocking bootloader xt926 xt925 dan rosenberg

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#81 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:25 PM

damn, crazy cause wasnt able to root when i was on the update, once i fastbooted back was able to root

You are correct. Luckily you can fastboot back to root or everyone would have been very SOL. 

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#82 Nickcco123

Nickcco123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:29 PM

i wanted to install the custom rom 4.2.2, doesnt say bootloader needs to be unlocked, but when i go to recovery to install it goes through and about half way says it was aborted, its Slim-xt926-4.2.2.UNOFFICIAL-20130521-0436.ZIP

#83 Nickcco123

Nickcco123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:30 PM

i wanted to install the custom rom 4.2.2, doesnt say bootloader needs to be unlocked, but when i go to recovery to install it goes through and about half way says it was aborted, its Slim-xt926-4.2.2.UNOFFICIAL-20130521-0436.ZIP

wiped data, and cache

#84 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:35 PM

You need to have an unlocked BL for Slim.
  • Memnoch73 likes this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#85 Nickcco123

Nickcco123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:16 PM

i have got a new

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

hd, because my other stopped turning on, so it came with 4.0.4 and now is updated to 4.1.2, but, want to basically see if there is a way to turn off OTA so it doesnt accidentially download that security update again, is that possible. and how can I unlock bootloader since it is fresh 4.1.2, thanks for the help

#86 onimbus64

onimbus64

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:54 AM

is there any way to remove the update so that you can unlock the bootloader

#87 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:20 PM

Nickcco123, on 14 Aug 2013 - 3:16 PM, said:

i have got a new razr maxx hd, because my other stopped turning on, so it came with 4.0.4 and now is updated to 4.1.2, but, want to basically see if there is a way to turn off OTA so it doesnt accidentially download that security update again, is that possible. and how can I unlock bootloader since it is fresh 4.1.2, thanks for the help

If you've already updated to the latest OTA, you won't be able to unlock.  If you're on the previous version, you can still unlock and take the update.  It won't relock you.

is there any way to remove the update so that you can unlock the bootloader

You can flash backwards, but the update patched the exploit. Going back won't re-open the "trusted zone."

#88 razzrmaxx

razzrmaxx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:06 AM

I just got a replacement phone thru Asurion insurance and it came with the latest update, is there a way to root it at least? Thanks

#89 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:11 AM

not sure which device you are on but there is root for the hd and the m on the latest ota on a locked device here 

HD - 

M -

• silentjay likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#90 razzrmaxx

razzrmaxx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:07 PM

not sure which device you are on but there is root for the hd and the m on the latest ota on a locked device here

HD -

M -

Thank You I appreciate it

• livinginkaos likes this

#91 Nickcco123

Nickcco123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:53 PM

thanks for the help was able to unlock and update and re-root!

• neckchop and RikRong like this

#92 NAKAMONIEL

NAKAMONIEL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:07 AM

Latest: Nevermind, found my answer here,"

" I am so screwed as this one is not capable of running anything I like, ughhhhhhhh

Came home and checked package again, it said it shipped with software version 9.8.1Q-79-1 does it mean I was doomed even before I began with the phone??

#93 kingusmani

kingusmani

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:37 PM

i have a droid razr maxx hd 4.1.2  which i installed root and i checked it with root checker and it says that root is successfully installed and later i tried to unlock the bootlaner which didnt work 

on the phone it shows the root screen and the phone is still locked.

#94 kingusmani

kingusmani

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:53 PM

i did follow all the instructions 

help please

#95 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Twitter:1shane15
  • Google+:shanebarone1@gmail.com (gtalk/hangouts)
  • Locationny
  • Current Device(s):Gen 2 Moto X,2015 Moto X Pure,N9, N7,& N6

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:01 AM

i did follow all the instructions 

help please

Was your phone on the most recent update? If so you can't unlock.

Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#96 matthewf1984

matthewf1984

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Locationshelbyville
  • Current Device(s):droid razr m

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:51 AM

I thought once the new update went through u couldn't unlock call me stupid when I rooted my RAZR m it said I coudnt ?

#97 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:28 PM

I thought once the new update went through u couldn't unlock call me stupid when I rooted my RAZR m it said I coudnt ?

You are correct, the latest version is not unlockable.  However, this thread is for the previous versions. 

#98 avishekghosh

avishekghosh

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationKharagpur,West Bengal,India
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid RAZR HD XT926,Samsung Galaxy Music Duos GT-S6012

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:25 PM

I got a razr hd xt926 as replacement from seller with 4.1.1 sw version 9.14....,i rooted my handset n now want to unlock the bootloader to flash custom roms! I don't want to update my phone to 4.1.2 (update automatically downloaded last night but i did not installed that) because i don't want to lost the chance to unlock the bootloader!
Now i have few question!
*with older 4.1.1 version can i use this amazing unlocking script posted in this thread?
*can i use razr hd utility with 4.1.1 to unlock bootloader, installation of custom recovery n flashing of rom?
*I am a Indian cdma user with omh ruim, will the custome roms support hsd data with them?

Sent from my GT-S6012 using Tapatalk 2

#99 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:28 PM

I got a razr hd xt926 as replacement from seller with 4.1.1 sw version 9.14....,i rooted my handset n now want to unlock the bootloader to flash custom roms! I don't want to update my phone to 4.1.2 (update automatically downloaded last night but i did not installed that) because i don't want to lost the chance to unlock the bootloader!
Now i have few question!
*with older 4.1.1 version can i use this amazing unlocking script posted in this thread?
*can i use razr hd utility with 4.1.1 to unlock bootloader, installation of custom recovery n flashing of rom?
*I am a Indian cdma user with omh ruim, will the custome roms support hsd data with them?

Sent from my GT-S6012 using Tapatalk 2

You can unlock and root with Motochopper and Motopocalypse.

I have no idea on CDMA. That depends on frequencies, flashing the phone and the software you run. We won't be able to assist.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#100 trekin1707

trekin1707

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Twitter:@biggen_currie
  • Google+:mcurrie76384@gmail.com
  • LocationVernon Texas
  • Current Device(s):Motorola droid razr hd razr maxx razrverizion employee addition

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:15 AM

gentalmen i have been playing with the super user setings and got rid of the security bump i hope this helps yall in some way.

thanks

the old man

• NeeK likes this

The Old Man

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bootloader, how to unlock, atrix bootloader unlock, droid razr hd unlock, droid razr m unlock, unlocking bootloader, xt926, xt925, dan rosenberg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users