Photo

[Utility]Flash CWM or TWRP Recovery-1 Click {UPDATED-7-11-13} V6!

recovery one click razr hd cwm clockworkmod

• Please log in to reply
315 replies to this topic

#281 BionicMan69

BionicMan69

Android Scientist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Twitter:@BionicMan_69
  • LocationCookeville, TN
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD, Motorola Droid Bionic, Motorola Xoom, HTC Flyer

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:33 AM

Just a question, when you tried flashing the 4.1.2 ROMs did you mount system first? Also wiped data, cache, dalvik cache and internal storage? I also make sure system is mounted during all them wipes too. I do that for every rom i flash or backups. Never have had a problem taking them steps.Sometimes formatting data helps. But if wipe internal and format data if you have anything you want to keep better transfer it all to external first. Just trying give suggestions which you may have already tried.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

#282 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:11 AM

Downloading now........does this flash the latest version of TWRP for the HD?

EDIT:  I see it has 2.6.  Followed instructions, worked flawlessly!  Thanks!

Proud father of a US Marine

#283 bweN_diorD

bweN_diorD

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:59 AM

Downloading now........does this flash the latest version of TWRP for the HD?

EDIT:  I see it has 2.6.  Followed instructions, worked flawlessly!  Thanks!

the latest version is here

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

@tucstwo was going to update the op but it seems he forgot.

• newskate9 likes this

#284 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:36 PM

@blameTucs is the forum motto ;)

• RikRong likes this

#285 bweN_diorD

bweN_diorD

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:18 AM

@blameTucs is the forum motto ;)

at least in this case there is justification  ;) 

#286 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:41 AM

the latest version is here

@tucstwo was going to update the op but it seems he forgot.

Thank you!

• bweN_diorD likes this

#287 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:32 PM

So, I installed the latest, and can't make a back up. Tried wiping caches, rebooting several times. No deal.

Any thoughts?

#288 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:53 PM

So, I installed the latest, and can't make a back up. Tried wiping caches, rebooting several times. No deal.

Any thoughts?

Change/shorten the name that's auto-generated.  The name that's generated is too long and it won't allow a backup to be created.

• newskate9 likes this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#289 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:37 PM

Change/shorten the name that's auto-generated.  The name that's generated is too long and it won't allow a backup to be created.

Ha, that was too easy! Thank you!
  • RikRong likes this

#290 Tquetski

Tquetski

• Developer
  • 156 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:38 AM

Just a question, when you tried flashing the 4.1.2 ROMs did you mount system first? Also wiped data, cache, dalvik cache and internal storage? I also make sure system is mounted during all them wipes too. I do that for every rom i flash or backups. Never have had a problem taking them steps.Sometimes formatting data helps. But if wipe internal and format data if you have anything you want to keep better transfer it all to external first. Just trying give suggestions which you may have already tried.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Tried this, Still getting unable to mount E:/Data on some rom flashes lol......

#291 strydersound

strydersound

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Max / Razr Maxx HD

Posted 28 November 2013 - 03:12 AM

I have redone everything three times, still no WiFi and my Bluetooth won't hold a pair with more than one device at a time. Kernel issue maybe? Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk

#292 bweN_diorD

bweN_diorD

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 04:06 AM

I have redone everything three times, still no WiFi and my Bluetooth won't hold a pair with more than one device at a time. Kernel issue maybe? Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk

not sure what your issue has to do with the "recovery flasher" thread you posted under...

#293 cristaldi89

cristaldi89

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:12 PM

Hi, I was recently using TWRP touch recovery, and I had started running into errors trying to install some Roms. I think that roms developed on newer android versions wont flash using some older versions of TWRP, which would require an update to TWRP. I did some searching and noticed the errors are only with TWRP so I wanted to use CWM recovery. I originally installed TWRP via this thread, and had to do it the longer route, ie not through the 1 click method. I tried the 1 clock method and it would hang during connection. I realized that my phone would not connect due to outdated versions of adb in the download link. 

Solution- follow the download link for the complete SDK package - DOWNLOAD

unzip, and go to SDK/PLATFORM-TOOLS, in this folder you should see the adb file along with (2) adb xxx .dll files. Replace the 1 click adb files with the ones from the freshly downloaded SDK files. Or, the nice developer who made this beautiful utility could update it with new adb files, I simply dont know how to compile or I'd help. 

Also, for those of us who liked the touch feature of TWRP, CWM does have a touch version floating around, and it is easy to use this one touch utility to flash that CWM touch version. Thanks to all those developers making sweet roms and utilities.

• cmh714 likes this

#294 bweN_diorD

bweN_diorD

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:38 PM

Hi, I was recently using TWRP touch recovery, and I had started running into errors trying to install some Roms. I think that roms developed on newer android versions wont flash using some older versions of TWRP, which would require an update to TWRP. I did some searching and noticed the errors are only with TWRP so I wanted to use CWM recovery. I originally installed TWRP via this thread, and had to do it the longer route, ie not through the 1 click method. I tried the 1 clock method and it would hang during connection. I realized that my phone would not connect due to outdated versions of adb in the download link. 

Solution- follow the download link for the complete SDK package - DOWNLOAD

unzip, and go to SDK/PLATFORM-TOOLS, in this folder you should see the adb file along with (2) adb xxx .dll files. Replace the 1 click adb files with the ones from the freshly downloaded SDK files. Or, the nice developer who made this beautiful utility could update it with new adb files, I simply dont know how to compile or I'd help. 

Also, for those of us who liked the touch feature of TWRP, CWM does have a touch version floating around, and it is easy to use this one touch utility to flash that CWM touch version. Thanks to all those developers making sweet roms and utilities.

so you are saying all you had to do was swap the old adb file with a new one from a sdk setup?

thats an easy fix.

if you upload the adb file you used and post a link for me, i will update the tool.

afterwards, perhaps you could test it. i would appreciate it.

thanks

#295 cristaldi89

cristaldi89

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:19 AM

Actually the adb file I used came from the link in your original post. You provided a link to the whole android SKD download. When clicking that link, it takes you to the most recent skd package available.

#296 bweN_diorD

bweN_diorD

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:53 PM

Actually the adb file I used came from the link in your original post. You provided a link to the whole android SKD download. When clicking that link, it takes you to the most recent skd package available.

actually im not the developer (op), im just maintaining it.

ill see what i can do about getting the files switched out asap.

#297 JiMoto

JiMoto

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:31 AM

Just trying to get to newest twrp? Why not just download and flash using flashify

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

#298 cristaldi89

cristaldi89

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:27 PM

Never heard of flashify.  I was actually switching from TWRP to CWM anyway. Thanks though I will check that out.

#299 bweN_diorD

bweN_diorD

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:44 PM

@samurihl

im not a scripologist, i just do simple maintenance to tools like this.

when i update it to the kk recoveries it just sits there "connecting to device" and wont connect and start.

i checked in adb and i can see my phone, is there a simple fix for this like i need to update the adb file or something?

thanks

#300 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:26 PM

Possibly.  I don't know anything about this particular utility as I didn't write it nor have I ever used it.  Basically it just needs to reboot into AP Fastboot mode and fastboot flash the CWM recovery.  Not sure what's causing the adb issue but the causes can be numerous.

Non potest esse nisi unus

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: recovery, one click, razr hd, cwm, clockworkmod

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users