Photo

[Utility]Flash CWM or TWRP Recovery-1 Click {UPDATED-7-11-13} V6!

recovery one click razr hd cwm clockworkmod

• Please log in to reply
315 replies to this topic

#261 bweN_diorD

bweN_diorD

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:11 AM

Yes. I am unlocked and had SS. Now I have stock recovery and can't flash anything else.

i would try flashing everything clean and starting over if you havent already, having had ss on and now a custom recovery may have caused issues, i dont know for sure. best thing to do is start over. here is an updated version of matts utility if you want to use that 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

edit, oops i read that wrong, you need a custom recovery like cwm or twrp, you cant flash roms in stock. the new recoveries are also found in the utility here and matts from the link.

#262 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:27 AM

If youre unlocked you cant really use Safestrap, you need a real Recovery like TWRP, CWM, or the other one.

You can find TWRP 2.6.3 here:

#263 bweN_diorD

bweN_diorD

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:34 AM

If youre unlocked you cant really use Safestrap, you need a real Recovery like TWRP, CWM, or the other one.

You can find TWRP 2.6.3 here:

or here

a few post up

#264 strydersound

strydersound

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Max / Razr Maxx HD

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:27 AM

Thanks!  Matts utility got me somewhere...  back to stock, unlocked BL and for some reason SU won't update and I can't get root.  the Utility says it's successfully flashing recoveries but the phone is still on stock and the root access says failure. So now I am stuck with the stock version but that's better than it was two days ago!  Thanks again.

#265 bweN_diorD

bweN_diorD

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:56 AM

Thanks!  Matts utility got me somewhere...  back to stock, unlocked BL and for some reason SU won't update and I can't get root.  the Utility says it's successfully flashing recoveries but the phone is still on stock and the root access says failure. So now I am stuck with the stock version but that's better than it was two days ago!  Thanks again.

you need to get root working before trying the recoveries. use the new root if your on the new system (old may work too just not positive). old method is in the script, new method is linked in the post (back to this site).

#266 strydersound

strydersound

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:32 PM

you need to get root working before trying the recoveries. use the new root if your on the new system (old may work too just not positive). old method is in the script, new method is linked in the post (back to this site).

I tried the root in the utilities .bat and it says failed... Successful. But root checker is saying I don't have root. The 1-7 choices weren't listed but still worked when I selected 1 and went back to stock. But some things seemed to be retained on the phone like owner information and smart action settings. Also my WiFi won't turn on either. I have made a mess in the phone...

#267 strydersound

strydersound

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:31 PM

okay.  Finally got root, TWRP and back up to CM10.1.3!!!  Thanks guys!  I needed your advice and a ton of patience!  Everything seems perfect except for WiFi refuses to turn on.  Seems like my MAC address is missing from WiFi settings and it keeps defaulting to European Region.  Weird but I have unlimited data so it won't really bother me.

THANKS AGAIN SmokeDroid and Tucstwo

#268 bweN_diorD

bweN_diorD

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

I tried the root in the utilities .bat and it says failed... Successful. But root checker is saying I don't have root. The 1-7 choices weren't listed but still worked when I selected 1 and went back to stock. But some things seemed to be retained on the phone like owner information and smart action settings. Also my WiFi won't turn on either. I have made a mess in the phone...

the script should have wiped data, and shown the options, somethings isnt right with that. you should re-download the script, i just checked my copy and it looks fine.

you can always go into twrp and wipe again, do a fdr, wipe data, wipe cache, and wipe data media sd card (NOT external sd). i always do that because for whatever reason sometimes files are retained in the data-media area. this area has been known, for me anyways, to have some app configs in it.

#269 bweN_diorD

bweN_diorD

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:57 PM

okay.  Finally got root, TWRP and back up to CM10.1.3!!!  Thanks guys!  I needed your advice and a ton of patience!  Everything seems perfect except for WiFi refuses to turn on.  Seems like my MAC address is missing from WiFi settings and it keeps defaulting to European Region.  Weird but I have unlimited data so it won't really bother me.

THANKS AGAIN SmokeDroid and Tucstwo

that sounds rom related, but considering the problems you had above, if it were me, i would start over before throwing stones at the rom.

#270 strydersound

strydersound

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:08 PM

Thanks! I will start over again soon to hopefully fix the Wi-Fi. Right now I'm just enjoying having a stable phone again!!!

#271 strydersound

strydersound

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:54 PM

So...  here I go again.  I have it 95% working.  WiFi still doesn't work and my Bluetooth needs to be unpaired and repaired with my devices every time I want to connect.  So I updated my ROM again and no luck.  then I did a complete wipe and went back to stock.  Still shows my MAC and IP as UNAVAILABLE and WiFi won't turn on.  One strange thing I noticed it that I changed my boot logo with RAZR toolbox a few ROMs ago and even though I have done a few complete wipes the boot sequence still starts with the little titanium android guy before the Cyanogenmod boot logo.  I feel like there is part of something that is not wiping correctly.  At this point I guess I will just have to live with it unless one of you guys have seen this before.

#272 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:22 PM

ROMs rarely flash a boot logo.  If you changed it, then it will stay the same until you change it again.  As for the other issues, you need to do a complete wipe, including formatting data.  There's something bad in there.  When you wipe system/data, mount system prior.  Also, make sure you're using the most current TWRP 2.6.3.0.

R. Long: Pixel 5

#273 AnneOminous

AnneOminous

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:31 PM

I'm running TWRP 2.6.3.0 and it tells me "Unable to mount '/data'".

I do have the phone encrypted, but TWRP is supposed to ask me for my password if it can't mount /data, right?

So why doesn't it? No password prompt, no obvious setting for entering a password.

Edit:  TWRP (2.5.0.0)  worked fine before I encrypted the phone.

System version is 9.16.6.XT926

Android 4.1.2

#274 Tquetski

Tquetski

• Developer
  • 156 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:33 AM

Hey I suggest not flashing TWRP at all because it results in being unable to mount stuff in CWM.

TWRP is a GARBAGE recovery and it should be removed from the forums and everyone who uses it should be shunned

#275 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:15 PM

Hey I suggest not flashing TWRP at all because it results in being unable to mount stuff in CWM.

TWRP is a GARBAGE recovery and it should be removed from the forums and everyone who uses it should be shunned

Are you kidding me right now?  It's worked flawlessly for me on my HD and M and it works flawlessly for many people.  Most of the issues with TWRP have been user related. 

• Memnoch73 and BionicMan69 like this

#276 strydersound

strydersound

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:42 AM

ROMs rarely flash a boot logo. If you changed it, then it will stay the same until you change it again. As for the other issues, you need to do a complete wipe, including formatting data. There's something bad in there. When you wipe system/data, mount system prior. Also, make sure you're using the most current TWRP 2.6.3.0.

So I should mount system and then wipe? I don't know if I've already tried that so I'll do it again.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk

#277 dragon

dragon

Puff the Magic Dragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Twitter:foamerman
  • LocationLand of Honalee
  • Current Device(s):Unlocked RAZR MAXX HD retired Bionic, Thunderbolt and OG Droid

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:21 AM

Are you kidding me right now?  It's worked flawlessly for me on my HD and M and it works flawlessly for many people.  Most of the issues with TWRP have been user related. 

I'm with you it's flawless for me to on my HD maybe he's had trouble with it.

Puff the Magic Dragon

Sent from my Computer using windows 8

#278 bdazzg1

bdazzg1

I Break $hit!

• Developer
  • 359 posts
  • Twitter:@bdazzg1
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/+TonyRossBDAZZG1
  • LocationPrescott Valley, AZ
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Droid Maxx, Droid Ultra, LG G2, LG G3, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:18 AM

I've had very little issue with TWRP. I'm a developer and flash all sorts of wild $#!+ on my HD. That being said,t he minor issues I have had have been related to my ways of use. If things just don't feel right with your phone its time to nuke and repave via RSD Lite with an FXZ. If you're unlocked there's no worry of losing root. Just flash SU in custom recovery of your choice. As for the boot logo there are no wipes in ANY recovery that will change it. You can flash one via a fastboot or ROMs coded like my RAGE HD which include a custom one. Hope this sheds a little light on this subject :D

Sent from my Raged Out RAZR MAXX HD

BDAZZG1_sig.png

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

#279 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:31 AM

So I should mount system and then wipe? I don't know if I've already tried that so I'll do it again.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's what many people have found works best.  Once I started doing that, I've had no issues with 4.3.

I'm with you it's flawless for me to on my HD maybe he's had trouble with it.

Yeah, I'm sure he was just frustrated at the time that he posted. 

#280 Tquetski

Tquetski

• Developer
  • 156 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:24 PM

Regretfully no, after installing it, It's left me unable to flash any 4.1.2 roms, I've seen other posts ref. this issue as well

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: recovery, one click, razr hd, cwm, clockworkmod

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users