Photo

[Utility]Flash CWM or TWRP Recovery-1 Click {UPDATED-7-11-13} V6!

recovery one click razr hd cwm clockworkmod

• Please log in to reply
315 replies to this topic

#81 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

WelI got it by manually pushing it to my phone. I would like to help you continue testing this if I can Tucstow.

FASCINATING. I'd LOVE to know why it made a difference to certain folks? That's so strange. Sometimes this crap NEVER ceases to amaze me. I understand there are people having trouble. But understand too, this tool have been downloaded over 70 times now. And there's only about 2-3 people having issues. So there must be SOMETHING unique to those with problems as it's worked for so many others already. Like I said in the OP. This is NEW TERRITORY :)
  • jroc, zooyork0721, jtommyj and 1 other like this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#82 jroc

jroc

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

Some of us have a install-recovery.cfg file, no install-recovery.sh file. What does that mean?

I barely did any modding to my phone. No Safe Strap, no ROMs, nothing.

Yea....you made it easier and I just HAD to do it the long way.....lol.

#83 jtommyj

jtommyj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

FASCINATING. I'd LOVE to know why it made a difference to certain folks? That's so strange. Sometimes this crap NEVER ceases to amaze me. I understand there are people having trouble. But understand too, this tool have been downloaded over 70 times now. And there's only about 2-3 people having issues. So there must be SOMETHING unique to those with problems as it's worked for so many others already. Like I said in the OP. This is NEW TERRITORY :)

Im diggin around trying to get it going. Im pretty much an "expert" on my Sammy fascinate lol but new to this Moto stuff. will try to figure out what im doing wrong and post back. Thanks for your help and efforts !!

#84 Sacerdos

Sacerdos

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

I tried using this and booting into the recovery using goo manager and got the Dead Android with the red exclamation

Same here :huh:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#85 triskropf97

triskropf97

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Google+:Triskropf@gmail.com
  • LocationNashville, AR
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

im dying to get this running but i cant find how to do it manually on xda as mentioned earlier..

#86 jroc

jroc

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

I did install some leaks on my phone, but I had a recovery. I used it a few times. I downgraded recently to have root on the 4.1.2 OTA. Never tried recovery after I did that tho.

im dying to get this running but i cant find how to do it manually on xda as mentioned earlier..

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

in the TWRP directions, the link posted in Step 3 doesnt work. Use this:

The newest TWRP is there too. Thats the one I installed.
  • triskropf97 likes this

#87 triskropf97

triskropf97

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationNashville, AR

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

I did install some leaks on my phone, but I had a recovery. I used it a few times. I downgraded recently to have root on the 4.1.2 OTA. Never tried recovery after I did that tho.

Thanks.. yeah well that still leads to renaming install-recovery.sh and i dont have that! :(

#88 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:07 PM

Ok I got it. I froze SS in TIBU now I have SS and when I all buttons down I get twrp recovery

#89 triskropf97

triskropf97

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationNashville, AR

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

Ok I got it. I froze SS in TIBU now I have SS and when I all buttons down I get twrp recovery

u had it froze or froze it and now it works??

#90 jroc

jroc

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

Thanks.. yeah well that still leads to renaming install-recovery.sh and i dont have that! :(

On a whim....I just tried to install it to see what would happen. It installed....I forgot to see if it stuck tho... oops. :D Just checked 3 times, its still there. Give it a shot.

But yea...that install-recovery.cfg file is a mystery so far.

#91 triskropf97

triskropf97

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationNashville, AR

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:17 PM

On a whim....I just tried to install it to see what would happen. It installed....I forgot to see if it stuck tho... oops. :D Just checked 3 times, its still there. Give it a shot.

Im confused sorry.. u installed wat?? i only have install-recovery.cfg as i said earlier

#92 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

u had it froze or froze it and now it works??

No I didnt want to delete Safestrap so I frooze it. Then I did TWRP and it worked when you get the dead android you got it just hold both volumes down and Bam TWRP 2.5. I tried it without freezing safestrap and I got stock recovery when the dead android came up. Now I have both stockrecovery was replaced by TWRP like its supposed to I hope lol

#93 Demitri

Demitri

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:23 PM

Had to push it by ADB as well, but hey we have a true recovery now so it's all good. On stock rooted 4.1.1 trying to use V2.
  • jroc likes this

#94 zooyork0721

zooyork0721

All Around Man

• Developer
  • 979 posts
  • Google+:gtalk/hangouts- zooyork0721
  • LocationNew York, NY
  • Current Device(s):OnePlus 8 Pro

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

Had to push it by ADB as well, but hey we have a true recovery now so it's all good. On stock rooted 4.1.1 trying to use V2.

if anyone is having trouble try what he did and adb :)

lr79yH0.png

en_app_rgb_wo_60.png

#95 jroc

jroc

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

Im confused sorry.. u installed wat?? i only have install-recovery.cfg as i said earlier

I installed TWRP manually using the XDA instructions. I still have that .cfg file too. I have a question for someone that knows....how do I get stock Moto recovery back? Or I dont need it anymore? And why do some of us have install.recovery.cfg instead of .sh?

#96 Martin028

Martin028

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Current Device(s):xt926

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:27 PM

The majority of you most likely all ready know this, but for any noobs, here is how I installed TWRP and removed safestrap, as well as flashed a rom with TWRP.

1. Install TWRP/CWM according to what this thread says. Easy enough.
2. Backup apps and anything you want in the rom you have. This is basically just TiBu and make an xml backup of your messages or something.
3. Reboot to SAFESTRAP and change back over to the stock rom slot.
4. Delete all of your other rom slots (Dont know if it was necessary, but in case unistallation didnt remove them this did.)
5. My Stock Rom slot was borked so I wiped and rebooted, if yours is not, reboot and uninstall Safestrap.
6. Download the rom of your choice and put it on your sdcard
7. Reboot again to Bootloader (Power off, then hold Power+Volume UP+Volume DOWN) then navigate to recovery.
8. In TWRP recovery, go to mounts and make sure System is checked. This is critical.
9. Now go through your normal ROM flashing process. For me (came from the GNEX) I wiped, installed the rom, wiped again, rebooted and let the phone settle (No setup) Reboot and setup. And let it settle again.
10. Restore your apps/data/pr0nz
11. ??????
12. Profit!
  • zooyork0721 likes this
Posted Image

#97 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

No I didnt want to delete Safestrap so I frooze it.

Just in case you accidentally relock your bootloader?? smh...
  • zooyork0721 likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#98 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:31 PM

Im diggin around trying to get it going. Im pretty much an "expert" on my Sammy fascinate lol but new to this Moto stuff. will try to figure out what im doing wrong and post back. Thanks for your help and efforts !!

Unlearn all the odin stuff you learned on Sammy and you'll be in business :)

Some of us have a install-recovery.cfg file, no install-recovery.sh file. What does that mean?

I barely did any modding to my phone. No Safe Strap, no ROMs, nothing.

Yea....you made it easier and I just HAD to do it the long way.....lol.

Working on this one

you can follow the links posted or PM me and Ill try my best

h

This may help you guys but I is the TWRP in that thread the 2.5.0.0 that Hash posted up tonight?

Interesting, so "Freezing" the Safestrap.apk in TiBu stopped your problems? That's VERY weird. But I guess from now on we should recommend to people to uninstall safestrap completely? It's not that big of a deal as you can still flash SS roms, you just need to mount /system in TWRP or CWM BEFORE you flash a SS based rom. As far as dual booting is concerned. Just make backups of stock AND all the roms you flash and then restore the back ups as you want to restore ROMs.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#99 Martin028

Martin028

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Current Device(s):xt926

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

Interesting, so "Freezing" the Safestrap.apk in TiBu stopped your problems? That's VERY weird. But I guess from now on we should recommend to people to uninstall safestrap completely? It's not that big of a deal as you can still flash SS roms, you just need to mount /system in TWRP or CWM BEFORE you flash a SS based rom. As far as dual booting is concerned. Just make backups of stock AND all the roms you flash and then restore the back ups as you want to restore ROMs.

What about bootmanager? I used to use that on my tbolt to test new roms. Think it works for the razr hd's?
Posted Image

#100 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

Just in case you accidentally relock your bootloader?? smh...

No because I wasnt sure if I could flash any of the old roms and didnt want to get stuck with just stock. Now Im wondering how the hell this is gonna work once I flash a rom in TWRP guess Ill find out.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: recovery, one click, razr hd, cwm, clockworkmod

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users